A politician from one of the two major American parties I AGREE with :o

http://www.house.gov/kucinich/info/iraq_update.htm

Which political party is he, by the way?

Democrat. I thought it mentioned it somewhere in there, but I think it was on the page previous to it. Sorry. ^^;

It was mentioned on the “About Dennis” on the top.

Overall, it just seems that the article say that the US should get out of Iraq ASAP and let the UN/Iraqi Government do most of the work.
Seems like a good idea. as Bush has been requesting a lot of money to support Iraq when the US’ own economy isn’t doing very well.

Unfortunately, Kucinich has abosolutely no chance of winning the democratic race. Last time I checked he was one of the lowest rated candidates (among the dozen or so front runners).

Summary of Article
Hey, guys! We did all this work, now let’s back out like cowards and hand it all over to the UN!

Can’t you read? The article said that the UN couldn’t do shit.

Summary of Article
Hey, guys! We invaded a country for no reason, now let’s save American lives by withdrawing some troops and asking the UN for help!

I think it’s a lot more cowardly to unjustly bully countries around that have no means of reprisal.

Originally posted by Gamer5389
Seems like a good idea. as Bush has been requesting a lot of money to support Iraq when the US’ own economy isn’t doing very well.
Actually the US economy has been doing the best it has in almost 4+ years now.

Originally posted by Merlin

Doublethink.

I’m voting for myself.

Originally posted by Merlin

We’re in an economic depression?

We were Shinobi, and might still be in a period of recession. Rountree, I don’t know what you mean. I was basing it on the Dow going over 10k for the first time in years.

The Dow Jones industrial average shows how a select amount of corporations are doing. I fail to see how it shows how the average Joe (sixpack <_<; ) is doing.

Well… Unemployment is down to 5.9% (the natural rate of unemployment is still about 5.5%). Average hourly earnings is up a cent. There was that 7% or so GDP growth figure that was all big about a month ago.

Originally posted by Megaman984
Well… Unemployment is down to 5.9% (the natural rate of unemployment is still about 5.5%).
That’s misleading, though, because unemployment figures are based on how many people are actively searching for work. If they go down, it can mean that those people found work or that they just gave up trying.

Oh, I know. It’s just the unemployment as it is seems the best way, as I can see it, to judge unemployment. I don’t know how you can quantify whether someone has given up searching or not. However, I do know that those seeking unemployment benefits has fallen also.

The economy hasn’t necessarily recovered just yet. Last quarter the economy grew faster than it has in 20 some years. But its still in a recession and below what it was before Bush.

Originally posted by Megaman984
I don’t know how you can quantify whether someone has given up searching or not.

It’s quantified when the person hasn’t searched for a job in a certain amount of time, like some certain number of weeks. I’ve forgotten exactly, since I already had my macroeconomics exam and gleefully forgot that information.