A machine as powerful as the Sun

There’s more. The term ‘technology’ is often misused, as in here. Litting a fire or making weapons out of flint stones is a kind of technology, although a very primitive one. Technology isn’t a thing that just appears in civilizations as soon as they start producing electronic devices. Technology is what man uses to create things that wouldn’t be found in nature, or to harness or transform what nature gives. So, for all the houses, boats, swords, armor, books, gold etc… We see that FF is very filled with technology. It’s just that most of it is equivalent to IRL medieval technology.

Fine. ADVANCED technology is largely absent in early FFs. Happy now?

God, I hate arguing over semantics.

Tell me when we get Mako reactors.

All the final fantasy games have airships. FF4 had a spaceship and a giant robot created by moon people, and a flying tower fortress and a death ray weapon created by mad science (with the aid of a man from the moon and moon technology!). Of course this so called “moon” cannot really exist, just ask Him.

You are right.
There are some fossil fuels “gobblers” though, that I really don’t see how you can incorporate wind or solar power in their use. Planes? Rockets? Mind you, we just had an unsuccessful attempt at launching the first solar sail space vessel (Cosmos 1). In any case, any possible alternative (and hopefully clean) source of energy is more than welcome.

That would belittle the name of our moon which is “The Moon.” Using a key to gouge expletives on another’s vehicle is a sign of trust and friendship. Now, let us smoke our cigarettes as we steal DVDs.

You want cleaner fuel that replenishable and actually can be done THIS YEAR? Yeah. Go with an ethanol hybrid car. It burns cleaner than gas, and it’s easily harvestable from basically any plant (from my understanding). The US Midwest could easily supply enough fuel for the US considering some farmers are now paid to burn food. Grass clippings from a highway median? Ship them off to an ethanol plant if it’s cost effective. Hell, many gas burning cars can be retrofitted to burn ethanol instead (I know old VW Bugs can). And why hybrid? Well, it still lowers the amount of ethanol needed, and it’s practical. Might as well incorporate that in the switch. Fuck man, plant kudzu and harvest that shit. It grows so fast it’s insane.

Seifer, from my understanding, space rockets use liquid oxygen as a fuel, not any sort of gasoline.

They use hydrogen, which burns when it gets in contact with oxygen, and the only thing the reaction produces besides a lot of energy taken from the hydro is water.

As for ethanol, yes, it can technically come from any plant, and better yet, the best plant to make ethanol for cars is sugar cane. It’s one of the easiest plants to grow and there are plenty of giant plantations of it already in a lot of countries.

No one wants a hybrid car because there hasn’t been a single design that doesn’t look ridiculous. They probably did it that way for a reason.

And if you drive one you’re obviously a homosexual.

:kissy:

Obivously. God damn hippies.

There are cars here in brazil which are hybrid. You can’t tell whether they’re hybrid or not, because the modification was all internal. The engine & some assemblies are changed, but outside the car still loks the same, whatever model you chose to use for a hybrid.

Almost all technological advancements involve sinking a lot of money into something that might work. Only way to learn is to actually try it, theories aren’t enough.

And we can’t switch to hybrid/ethanol, since that wont make enough money for the big oil companies.

I’m pretty sure the oil companies could easily switch to owning farm land and ethanol fermenting.

Toyota Prius sells and quite well too.

I bet we’d invade a great farming country to appease them, too :open_mouth:

I didn’t know there were homosexuals in Brazil. =o I thought all the guys were trying to be macho.

:kissy:

Wait… sugar cane? Uh oh… <.< >.>

Rockets? Oh, I got used to those Russian wood-burning interballistic missiles. Ha-ha-ha!
Planes and cars would have been a much better choice of words in my previous attempt at sounding environmentally conscious. Cars with solar panels? Might work in Arizona.
Oh yah, as for rocket fuel –

today’s solid-fuel rockets use solid materials such as perchlorate compounds as oxidizers, and the fuel and oxidizer are mixed together before being packed into the rocket. In other words, the fuel is “charged” and ready to explode … not a friendly material to work with.

It’s not friendly for the environment either. When today’s solid fuels burn, they produce the acidic compound hydrogen chloride and other noxious chemicals. When it rains, these compounds find their way into lakes and soils, and the increased acidity can harm plant and animal life
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/28jan_envirorocket.htm
Solid?
Things like nitrocellulose and nitroglycerine and other stuff that makes “boom”!

Edit: Russia and China still use some fossil fuel (kerosene) in their rockets.

The common liquid fuel combinations in use today are:
· LOX and kerosene (RP-1). Used for the lower stages of most Russian and Chinese boosters, and the first stage of the Saturn 5. Very similar to Robert Goddard’s first rocket.
· LOX and liquid hydrogen, used in the Space Shuttle and the Centaur upper stages.
· Nitrogen tetroxide (N2O4) and hydrazine (N2H4). Used in military, orbital and deep space rockets, because both liquids are storable for long periods at reasonable temperatures and pressures. Hydrazine decomposes energetically to nitrogen and hydrogen, making it a fairly good monopropellant all by itself
LOX= liquid oxygen

The space shuttle uses solid boosters on the sides and the main engines supplied by liquid fuel (hydrogen and oxygen) from the external tank.