A Little Request From Help Dear RPGC Community Members

Hey everyone…this is actually a serious thread for once so relax.

The organization that I work for, the Dalian Commodity Exchange, is having some issues with access to our servers here in China from overseas. Speeds seem to be horrendously slow for some visitors, but decent for others. As part of an unscientific survey, I’d like to ask for a few seconds of your time to do a small speed test for us.

All you need to do is load up our website and count how many seconds it takes for the main page to load. Then post the info here, including what time you accessed the site and where your location in the world is. For example, something like this:

Time: 10:00AM
Load Time: 8 seconds

And that’s all you need to do. You should access the site during normal working hours, which would be any time between 8AM-6PM your local time. It would be even more awesome if you could check the site twice, in the morning and late afternoon, but even if you can only give me one testing time, that will still be greatly useful for me. I appreciate your help, and remember it will only take a few seconds.

The website is located at: http://www.dce.com.cn/

gogogogogogogogogooogogogogogogogogogogogoogogogo :runaway::runaway::runaway:

EDIT: If your computer doesn’t support Chinese characters, then you can check the speed from our English site as well, which is hosted on the same server: http://www.dce.com.cn/portal/cate?cid=1114494099100. The speed should be roughly equivalent for either page, I’d assume…

Or, if you want to be even more awesome, you could check the speed for both the Chinese and English main page, then me would love you long time long time

Time: 4:27AM
Load Time: 10 seconds

Oh hey look at me not reading the thread fully, derp.

Time: 12:20 AM EST
Connection time: 10 seconds
Time to fully load all your crap: 65 seconds

Hey guys, I really appreciate you’re willing to help. But I hope that you can check it again tomorrow from between 8AM-6PM your local time too. That’d be the cat’s whiskers. :victoly::moogle:

Also, what exactly do you mean by “load all your crap”? Something besides the main page?

This is cool…unfortunately it doesn’t tell me where the test originates from, which is a key variable of this situation, as I’d like to get an idea of how the page is loading on the West Coast vs. East Coast vs. Europe

Time: 10:40 CET
Time to access: 10 seconds
Time to fully load: 1 minute

It also bugs out with ‘Object# <a Document> has no method “load,”’ in Google Chrome. It seems to be more friendly to Opera and Firefox. It also loads a lot more quickly in those two, probably about fifteen seconds.

It’s much the same with the English page, except that that loads in about ten seconds even in Chrome.

Time: 09:30 hrs
Load time Chinese: 3.5sec
Load time English: 4 sec

Time: 12:20 EST
Loading: About 5-6 seconds depending if you’re a round up or round down kind of guy. I checked the English and Chinese versions and got the same time.

Time: 05:36pm Central Time
Load time: 5~6 seconds

8:53 CST
Auburn, AL
About 5 to 6 seconds.

Interesting, most of the data seems to be about the same. The site seems to load the same speed in the US as it does in China, though a bit slower in Europe, which is to be expected for most servers located in China. I’m still curious what Cless Alvein and Nulani mean by their dichotomies though. What’s the diff. between time to access and time to fully load?

Regarding the Google Chrome, we are aware of it…we’re gonna be putting up a new site soon though so nobody seems interested in fixing it at the moment.

No, I mean to fully load the main page.

Time: 11:00 AM EST

Chinese site
Connection time: 4 seconds
Time to fully load all your crap: 10 seconds

English site
Connection time: <1 seconds
Time to fully load all your crap: 6 seconds

It means I can see the page and most of the text by ten seconds, but the page doesn’t actually stop loading till after about a minute.

chinatown:
Time: 5:08 AM
Time: Seven seconds

england:
Time: 5:11 AM
Time: Four seconds

English site:
Time: 5:12 PM
Time: Five seconds

Same load times for both as this morning at 5:51 PM from Providence, Rhode Island.

Thanks everyone. I’ve got more than enough responses for this. A round of brews for all.

It’s like noon, but fuck it, I’m down.

Ahh thanks buddy and yeah man it’s five o’clock somewhere right!?