87 Billion dollars! Muahahahahaha!

Ok, so after we’ve spent what, $300 Billion on this Iraq fiasco, now we need $87 more? For what?

Bush addressed the nation tonight. Just more bullshit. Or should I say bush shit?

You can’t spell BULLSHIT without Bush.

:smiley:

Hey now, thats clever. You get a point.

What I find the funniest about the war on Iraq is that we went to war with them because Iraq posed such a great threat to us. Afterall they had weapons of amss destruction that can’t be found. Yet, when it comes down to going to war, it is to remove Saddam from power and free the Iraqi people from a cruel dictator. Bush didn’t even transition from weapons of mass destruction to freeing the Iraqi’s. In fact, you never hear about the weapons of mass destruction now.

When we listened to this Bush, he put us in the highest national deficit ever, and waged a costly and un nessessary war.

When we listened to the last Bush he put the countrys deficit to record levels.

When we listened to the first Bush we wandered the desert for 40 years.

Moral: Never listen to a Bush.

And you’re still getting terrorist attacks there.

What did Bush said?

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20030908/D7TDU2Q00.html

People need to stop bitching about the war on Iraq, that bastard needed to be taken from power anyway. And if we didn’t spend the money, we couldn’t build up Iraq like we build up everything else we destroy. America: The only country to invade someone and built them stronger, better, and faster. Yeah, we’re fucking stupid.

While I do agree with the idea that Saddam needed removal, I disagree with the timing (NK esp could’ve gone first) and with the method.

I would have much rather have seen this $387 billion dollars spent here, where it really matters, on things that really needed to be fixed.

Like Brittney Spears. badum-ching

I can definitely agree on you guys with that. I don’t know why we didn’t just send in some assassins and take his ass out; you KNOW we have them!

I’m glad I live in Canada. Where our entire budget is probably less than 87 Billion.

Originally posted by Varan the Red
I can definitely agree on you guys with that. I don’t know why we didn’t just send in some assassins and take his ass out; you KNOW we have them!

Uh, because life isn’t like a two hour action movie. And as much as we would like to believe and our “news” networks would like to lead us to believe, we are not omnipotent, and we cannot just godmode over the rest of the world.

Anyway, 387 million dollars. Just THINK of all the practical counter-terrorism that could buy. [Nevermind investment in improving our schools and establishing healthcare and shit]. No need for bullshit like the Patriot Acts and Operation STASSI er I mean TIPS with that kinda cash. We could get stuff that works WITHOUT flushing the bill of rights down the crapper.

Approval rates for Bush:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

Apparently Blair thinks we need another 5000 or so troops over there as well. or it was 500. I forget.

Originally posted by YourWorstEnemy
I’m glad I live in Canada. Where our entire budget is probably less than 87 Billion.

And that’s why your healthcare system is going down the crapper. Not to mention all the money you wasted on that silly gun registration bill.

Originally posted by YourWorstEnemy

You think that’s bad? In my country we have to beg the International Monetary Found to send us at least a few Millions (Which I don’t know what the hell we plan to do with).

Bush needs those $87 Bi for a cause. If he simply gives up all that Iraq bullshit he will lose next year’s elections. Think of it.

Still… He should ask money from the companies that he allowed into Iraq (anybody thought TEXACO?), since they must be having a lot of profit there.

“People need to stop bitching about the war on Iraq, that bastard needed to be taken from power anyway.”

Who gave you the right to decide what “needs” to happen in another country halfway across the world, when that country has nothing to do with you and is no threat to anyone at all? The reason people are unhappy is because the neoconservatives in charge of our foreign policy lied us into the war. This war was never about removing Hussein, it was about a supposed threat to America in the form of weapons of mass destruction. If Bush and Cheney hadn’t lied by saying that Hussein was making nuclear weapons, and if Blair hadn’t lied by saying that Hussein could deploy chemical weapons anywhere in the world in 45 minutes, and if the extremist neoconservatives didn’t constantly lie by raising the spectre of “another 9/11” - in short, if they hadn’t lied by claiming that Hussein was a direct, imminent threat to the country, which was a lie no matter how you look at it - the war simply could not have happened. When we have 300 dead Americans, 1,000 wounded Americans, 10,000 dead Iraqi civilians and upwards of 100,000 dead Iraqi soldiers, only because of a lie, the liars should be held accountable.

Every American soldier killed in this war is killed in the service of untruth.

“America: The only country to invade someone and built them stronger, better, and faster. Yeah, we’re fucking stupid.”

It may surprise you to learn that we’re having problems supplying our own military over there, not to mention rebuilding the infrastructure (running water, electricity, sewage treatment) that we destroyed. At this point, reconstruction efforts have shown to be incompetent, at best - even this long after the war, occupied Iraq is <i>still</i> producing less clean water and electricity than it did when Hussein was there. The Iraqis think we’re doing it to punish them; they don’t believe that we just can’t do it right.

“I don’t know why we didn’t just send in some assassins and take his ass out; you KNOW we have them!”

And then the power vacuum would immediately be filled by someone else, probably a fundamentalist theocracy. That sure solves a lot.

[b]“People need to stop bitching about the war on Iraq, that bastard needed to be taken from power anyway.”

Who gave you the right to decide what “needs” to happen in another country halfway across the world, when that country has nothing to do with you and is no threat to anyone at all? The reason people are unhappy is because the neoconservatives in charge of our foreign policy lied us into the war. This war was never about removing Hussein, it was about a supposed threat to America in the form of weapons of mass destruction. If Bush and Cheney hadn’t lied by saying that Hussein was making nuclear weapons, and if Blair hadn’t lied by saying that Hussein could deploy chemical weapons anywhere in the world in 45 minutes, and if the extremist neoconservatives didn’t constantly lie by raising the spectre of “another 9/11” - in short, if they hadn’t lied by claiming that Hussein was a direct, imminent threat to the country, which was a lie no matter how you look at it - the war simply could not have happened. When we have 300 dead Americans, 1,000 wounded Americans, 10,000 dead Iraqi civilians and upwards of 100,000 dead Iraqi soldiers, only because of a lie, the liars should be held accountable. [/b]

Yeah, the war was based on a lie, but Saddam and his followers were sadistic bastards. You can’t not have heard about the atrocities they commited against their own people. No, we didn’t NEED to get rid of Saddam, but it was a good thing to get rid of him. Unfortunately, the follow up was horribly unplanned.

[b]“America: The only country to invade someone and built them stronger, better, and faster. Yeah, we’re fucking stupid.”

It may surprise you to learn that we’re having problems supplying our own military over there, not to mention rebuilding the infrastructure (running water, electricity, sewage treatment) that we destroyed. At this point, reconstruction efforts have shown to be incompetent, at best - even this long after the war, occupied Iraq is still producing less clean water and electricity than it did when Hussein was there. The Iraqis think we’re doing it to punish them; they don’t believe that we just can’t do it right.[/b]

In this situation you are right, but after WWII, the U.S. made a significant effort to rebuild the economies of Japan and Germany, and a number of other countries as well I believe. So while the original quote is valid, in the context of Iraq it is so far undetermined.

[b]“I don’t know why we didn’t just send in some assassins and take his ass out; you KNOW we have them!”

And then the power vacuum would immediately be filled by someone else, probably a fundamentalist theocracy. That sure solves a lot.[/b]

Maybe, maybe not. But there is a decree against political assassinations. Not that this has always been followed, but it is there.