5th ANnual Video Game Report Card

http://www.mediafamily.org/research/report_vgrc_2003-2.shtml

What you all think?

Killographic makes its appearance.

Screen time, of course, is not restricted to electronic games. At the present time the average American child spends 25 hours a week watching TV, 9 hours playing video games and an additional 3.5 in front of the computer screen. The total of 37.5 hours per week is the equivalent of a full time job.

Really…

Parent Alert! Games to avoid for your children and Teens

1. Manhunt
  2. Road Kill
  3. Outlaw Volleyball
  4. Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
  5. Def Jam VENDETTA
  6. True Crime: Streets of L.A.
  7. Backyard Wrestling: Don’t try this at home
  8. Max Payne 2
  9. WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne Expansion
  10. Postal 2

1: Understandable
2: Never heard of it
3: O…K…
4: Why?
5: Pointless game. They all have guns to begin with. Why fistfight to the death?
6: Well, maybe
7: Honestly, how many copies has this sold? 10? 20?
8: Sure
9: This one makes my head hurt.
10: When did Postal 1 come out?

I dont think that Warcraft should even be on the list but other than that, i pretty much agree

Manhunt is drawing alot of attention lately. People are wondering (And complaining) that the ESRB will not slap a AO rating on games. Manhunt is now thier poster child for AO games.

I can see the argument. Anyone can walk in and buy a M rated game regardless of age. However AO games can only be sold to those 18 and older. The flip side is most stores will not even carry an AO game

I upsets me that these ratings are even needed. Parents need to teach kids morals, what’s right and wrong, and that’s that. If the kids do something they shouldn’t, blame them, not the parents.

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
4: Why? (DOA Volleyball)

The only thing that I can think of is because parents should take their kids to a real beach with real women, instead.

Originally posted by Ivan
The only thing that I can think of is because parents should take their kids to a real beach with real women, instead.

But why would they take them to see real women when there’s the “obesity epidemic?”

Originally posted by Alice
But why would they take them to see real women when there’s the “obesity epidemic?”

Selective viewing.

I really don’t understand why Warcraft III is on the list, any guesses?

Originally posted by BlueMageOne
I really don’t understand why Warcraft III is on the list, any guesses?

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
9: This one makes my head hurt.

If I EVER find myself behind the cashier’s table, I’d MAKE SURE I’d tell any parents with kids about the game they’re about to buy…

Although I’m sure I’d get a “IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS” ASAP…

But one good thing I know of though: Most places I buy my games from follow the ratings, I even remember a series of “No”, back when Max Payne came out :>

Originally posted by Mabatsekker
Although I’m sure I’d get a “IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS” ASAP…

Precisely the reason videogame related shit happens in the first place.

Warcraft 3?

Why?

1. Backyard Wrestling: Don’t try this at home
    I wouldn’t let my kids play it either, I’d prefer to keep them away from games that horribly horribly suck.

Originally posted by Sohee
I wouldn’t let my kids play it either, I’d prefer to keep them away from games that horribly horribly suck.

pwned =)