3DO's bankrupt...

I know this kinda old news but nobody has been talking about it. 3DO has gone bankrupt and is selling its assets. I’ve been interested in this because one of my favorite series, Heroes of Might and Magic was owned by them. Apparently Ubisoft has purchased the rights to the series.

If you want to follow it too here’s the official site:

3DO’s official bankrupsy site

I prefer this site for news though:

Celestial Heavens

May I be the first to shout

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!

Finally the flow of Army Man games will cease. May they burn for their sins against us all. I hope the M&M series goes on though. Maybe their legacy will be superior to most of their their produce.

Originally posted by Pierson
[b]May I be the first to shout

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!

Finally the flow of Army Man games will cease. May they burn for their sins against us all. [/b]

Um Peirson, didn’t you read the post? I said 3DO’s assets will be sold. It’s likely somebody will buy the rights to the series and make more of them.

Not if i can help it. Considering it was one of the reasons why 3DO went down in the first place I see the chances of what you suggest slim.

OK OK, stopping dreaming for a second, I’m aware that there probably will be more AM games, but 3DO just made near all of them so damn bad, anything has to be an improvement.

There are few things I hate on this world. One of them is Army Men games.

I’m not really too sad seeing 3DO go, they weren’t much more than a shell of a company for the longest time before they finally went under. The quality of their games dwindled quite a bit since their hey-day.

I may be dead wrong here, but didn’t they do Summoner 1 and 2? If so, theose were probably the bestgames they did.

I hopwe this doesn’t mean an end to HoMM 8(

Nah. If it’s that popular, like Xero said someone’ll buy it up and keep making them.

3D0 made Shifters.

I’ll leave you to guess if that’s good or not.

3D0 made Battletanx.

I’ll leave you to guess if that’s good or not.

Originally posted by Sinistral
I hopwe this doesn’t mean an end to HoMM 8(

Yeah…HoMM is awesome. I’d hate having to see the series die because of bankrupcy.

Sorry, but I didn’t care for Might and Magic PERIOD. That means all the series in it. Also, Army Men…uh…when I think of 3DO, I think of those games; they’re just that shitty.

That’s what they get for making Portal Runner.

The Wing Commanders went down the toilet when Origin died -_-

I loved the HoM&M series, sotoo the Might and Magic… what I’ve played anyway. This is a shame, but one prays it will continue.

yey! NO more frikin army men games!
they were so unbelievably (probs wrong spelling) bad! burn in hell 3D0! :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha: :

tho i wonder wats going to happen to their new game for ps2 four horsmen of the apocolypse or something??

Another company, or scrapped on the alter of failed developers.

Oh god, whatever will i do with no more “Army Men”

Oh well, the only game of theirs i liked was high heat, and im sure that game will be bought.

‘High Heat’? Never heard of it.

By the way, on a kinda-related topic, does anyone know who made the 3DO console? I’m pretty sure it wasn’t 3DO.

And probably everything will be bought up, even Army Men. game companies do that, the stupid fools.:thud:

Dude, I loved some of 3DO’s games when I was a pre-teen. I’ll sure miss it.

Originally posted by Igatona
[b]3D0 made Battletanx.

I’ll leave you to guess if that’s good or not. [/b]

BattleTank kicks ASS. And what’s HoMM?