3D Realms is kaput.

At long last, the infamous developers of one of the most well-known and ridiculed pieces of vaporware ever conceived, have finally gone under.

And the peasants didn’t give a shit, and probably nothing of value was lost.

I guess that puts an end to the “things that happened since the announcement of Duke Nukem Forever” list.

EDIT: Or maybe not entirely. Word is that the development of DNF might survive its creators. Might. I dunno, I don’t really care either way. Is someone really willing to pick up this crap?

I’m hoping that somebody will keep it going just for the sake of the joke.

Its about time.

Oh well, I remember the time when 3D Realms wasn’t a joke and DNF was one of the few shooters that didn’t suck (Wolf 3d, Doom, Heretic, Hexen).

Gotta feel sorry for this guy.

They released a whirlwind of media for Duke Nukem Forever today.

And Sinistral, frankly 3D Realms/Apogee was one of the best shareware game developers of the early PC gaming age. I used to be able to rattle off 15 or 20 superb Apogee games (the only one I can remember is Raptor). Although when you work on the same game for 10+ years with no progress reports to the public, it’s a wonder they didn’t fold sooner.

We’ve seen more of the Duke in the last 48 hours than in the last 12 years.

Funny how that works.

I find it rather ironic.
Though it would be awesome to see somebody actually pick up DNF and FINALLY finish it. Sounds very unlikely however.

I think it just means that the project is going to be picked up by someone else, with the development staff intact.

I’m still pissed at the almost finished Interplay version of Fallout 3 that got abandoned. Millions have been used in bankers’ post-crisis parties while part of that party money could have seen FO3 released. I rest my case.