360 SOTN info

Here’s all the info that should be relevant. Let me know if you need me to check something in particular out, I haven’t had much time to play SOTN this week (I’m about 3/4 of the way through the first castle…) but I should beat it this weekend.

QUICK STATS
Download size: 95.32 MB
Cost: 800 MS Points ($10 USD)
Demo Limitations: Can only play for 15 minutes, saving is disabled

CHANGES
[ul]
[li]All FMVs are removed (presumably to save space). Any place an FMV appeared in the PSX version is simply skipped as if it was never there (in other words there are no placeholders)[/li][li]When you start the game, you get a new menu with options for “Single Player”, “Leaderboards”, “Achievements”, “Help & Options”, and “Return to Arcade”. Starting the game from this displays the original title screen, and you must press start again to get to the load screen.[/li][li]Minor control changes (more on that in a moment)[/li][li]Leaderboards via XBox live (more follows)[/li][li]Enhanced graphics mode for HD sets. This mode blurs the pixel boundaries on individual sprites so it looks more like the original on an HDTV (with the graphics in original mode it appears very pixellated)[/li][li]Pause Menu added, it appears when you press Start, with options for “Resume Game”, “Help & Options”, “Leaderboards”, “Achievements”, and “Exit Game”. Selecting Exit Game takes you back to the first menu you see when you start the game. You must exit again to actually go back to the dashboard.[/li][li]Additional (minor) unconfirmed changes at http://forums.xbox.com/11117296/ShowPost.aspx[/li][/ul]

CONTROLS
Left analog stick / D-pad: Move
Back: Game Menu
Left Trigger: Map
Right Trigger: Wolf Transform
Left Bumper: Mist Transform
Right Bumper: Bat Transform
Y: Back Dash
X / B: Left / Right hand
A: Jump
Start: Pause Menu

ACHIEVEMENTS
Rampage (5 points): Defeat 10 consecutive enemies using only standard weapons without getting hit.
Apprentice (5 points): Defeat 10 consecutive enemies using only magic without getting hit.
Weapon Master (10 points): Defeat 10 consecutive enemies using only special weapons ((subweapons)) without getting hit.
Changeling (10 points): Obtain the Bat, Wolf, and Mist transformations
Familiar (10 points): Collect all five familiars in the game.
Demon Slayer (10 points): Defeat Gaibon and Slogra
Bloodlines (10 points): Defeat Dracula in the Bloodlines stage without getting hit.
Warlock (15 points): Unlock / Cast all eight of Alucard’s spells.
Topsy Turvy (20 points): Unlock the Inverted Castle
Money Bags (25 points): Collect a bank of $100,000.
Seeker (35 points): Explore 200.6% of the game.
Belmont’s Revege (45 points): Finish the game, incluing the inverted castle, as Richter.

LEADERBOARDS
[ul]
[li]Exploration / Time to conquer castle[/li][li]Max Life / Time to conquer castle[/li][li]Defeat Cerberus Time Attack (resets monthly)[/li][li]Defeat Death Time Attack (resets monthly)[/li][li]Meet Maria Time Attack (resets weekly)[/li][li]Defeat Lord Dracula Time Attack (resets monthly)[/li][/ul]

Umm…ok.

It’s for the SOTN shrine.

There’s probably a shrine post forum somewhere that would serve you better.

That’d be a good addition to the shrine. Unfortunately, I’m not really able to do anything right now, since I do not have Internet access except at work. I don’t know if Sinistral would be able to HTMLize all that and add it either. If all else fails, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind if you added that section to the shrine yourself, Rast (You’ve got my blessing to do so, for sure). Although if you could confirm the uncomfirmed changes that you linked to, that’d be even better.

Rast you used to own all of this anyway

In my opinion it’s all yours

Change what you will

Well I don’t want to change anything without talking to the official shrine admins first (plus I’m lazy 'cause I’m still playing SOTN :P), so I’ll wait another couple days, there’s not a big hurry.

Uh… The reason I responded is because I AM one of the co-maintainers of the SotN shrine…

That’s why you don’t get a say.

/duel