10 Years of Doom

I remember the first time I played (I wasn’t older than 12). 3 hours straight at a friends house, then suddenly I felt dizzy.

Yeah doom, I remember doom well. As a kid my Dad knew this guy who had doom on the megadrive (Tony was his name) and he used to bring it for me to play, anyway, one night my parents went out and left my Grandma to cook and she made this horrible stew with tonnes of vegetables which I refused to eat. She called up my parents, and a few minutes later Tony phoned up for me and said if I ate the stew I could lend doom for a few weeks, naturally I ate the entire stew.

Doom is still one of my all time favs…but Quake, that’s the best!

Originally posted by demigod
I remember the first time I played (I wasn’t older than 12). 3 hours straight at a friends house, then suddenly I felt dizzy.
Yeah, that always happens to me, too. I appreciate Doom for its simplicity and influence, but I can’t play it for very long.

Doom was great. I’ll never forget the first time I chainsawed one of those big red running demons to death or when I was actually knee deep in the dead.

God mode was the sh*t. I loved to turn that on and then just run around cutting everything to pieces with the chainsaw. I’m sure my character would have been bright red by the end of it all. :mwahaha: