Zepp's Chinese Internet Dating Update: Now Dating a Muslim

I miss getting to pick which girl I think would be the best!

Good luck with your date and with getting more yummy food. :slight_smile: Iā€™m so glad I got to see an update.

What the hell on the double post. I will use this opportunity to wish you well again.

Try and find the sweat shop she works in.

That Da Pan Ji looks good. Any particular reason her family lives there, Zepp, when most Hui donā€™t live in the neighborhood?

Incidentally, the most elegant woman I have met was in her 40s.

I have a serious post.

How far into her studies is she, what does she plan on doing with her language degree, and what is studying English like in China? Probably not too different but it would be interesting to compare.

Also, that food looks really good. Good job on nabbing a cook. I donā€™t think she looks THAT young but I guess Iā€™m just more used to Asians.

Hmmā€¦she looks pretty good. Nice job there, Zepp. Now if only I could have that sort of luckā€¦

Food looks interestingly good. Post some more pics!

As for what to ask, ask her what she thinks of Christians (or Chinese-converted Christians). May be kinda of a weird thing to ask, but Iā€™m curious to know what she thinks of it. This Chinese girl I worked with nearly freaked out on me when one of her long-time friends was converted to Christianity (and sounded like she was pretty deep into it), and I was having to sort of make sense of the whole mess to her.

You got the best of both worlds Zepp.

Now ask her if sheā€™s rooting for the Yankees to make it to the World Series.

OOOOOOH! I just got a good idea! Get her to start posting here!

That is the worst idea.

If he did we would be able to cut out the middle man (zepp). And it would make for some pretty awkward situations if they ever get in some kind of feud and never see each other again.

Iā€™m sure she would really appreciate that I made this thread about her too.

Iā€™ll try to answer some of these questions, which I already know the answer to:

She has two more years of university left (yeah ok I like em young gap). As for studying English in China, it pretty much sucks. Most Chinese English teachers donā€™t really speak very good English. She has a ā€œforeign teacherā€, some guy from Canada, but the class is only once a week, and from what she told me, he usually comes in late and doesnā€™t really do much. I donā€™t find this too surprising, as I used to be in the English teaching business, and a lot of these guys are literally stuck in high school mentality, drinking until they pass out every night and barely making it to class in the morning. Now Iā€™m hardly what youā€™d call the big office go-getter, but I still try to take some pride in what I do, even when it is something as potentailly mind numbing as teaching English.

Also, I canā€™t fucking wait to try that home-cooked awesomeness.

There is a community of about 1 million Hui muslims in the province around Beijing. This is where she is from. As I said in the original post, a lot of them are descended from the Western Chinese muslims that came to the capital during the reign of Kublai Khan and his successors in the Yuan Dynasty.

Itā€™s a Chinese Halal restaurant. You can tell from the typical arched patterns on the wall. China seems to have an overabundance of mirrors, and as far as I can tell itā€™s mostly so that Chinese girls can take pictures of themselves everywhere to put on their QQ profiles when they get home.

Donā€™t worry, we can delete this thread. And the forsaken station while you guys are at it.

I feel like I should post my asian girlfriends in this topic too, cool?

What ever happened with this? Did she kill him?

Let us know when you actually get one then, buddy!

You wish. But Iā€™m not kicking the bucket until you follow through with your promise to kill yourself first. We had a date on Friday, and then again went to the park on Sunday. I donā€™t think much more is going to happen, because I think she is probably more conservative than I assumedā€¦but you never know, and Iā€™ve been surprised before. Either way, at least I can say Iā€™ve actually met a Chinese internet girl and things went reasonably well. She is going home for the COMMUNIST :booster: Mayday holiday for a couple of weeks, so this thread is pretty much over for now.

So how do you find their culture so far?

You mentioned Uighers will knife you if you show the slightest interest in their women, so, any major roadblocks?

Sheā€™s not a Uyghur, there is a pretty big difference. Uyghurs are also muslim, but they are more like the muslims we would normally think of. They are of Central Asian descent and they look more Turkic than Chinese. They have their own completely separate language, culture and region. Molly is Hui Chineseā€¦which means she is ethnic Chinese, speaks Mandarin, but is muslim. So really, her ā€œcultureā€ is pretty much Chinese culture. Just like America has Protestants, Catholics, Mormons etc. and you canā€™t tell the difference just by looking at someone, and we have many shared cultural traditions, itā€™s sort of the same with Han Chinese (traditionally buddhist) and Hui Chinese (muslim). So yeah, hanging out with her really isnā€™t much different from hanging out with any other chinese people, except she doesnā€™t eat pork, and they do have their own special kind of cuisine.

Yes, I remember you said she wasnā€™t a Uigher. I should have been more clear. I was just wondering if you found a difference between Huis and Uighers; which youā€™ve already answered.