You've seen Silent Hill, yes?

I’d say, but I don’t want to ruin the shock factor…I will say that he DOES mean business, though. >.>;

1.5 actually. One has a bit of a lean towards plays and such things of that sort, with the occassional showing of movies tossed in (often indie movies and so on… certainly not any VG movies). The other is a more typical example of a theatre, and also a nice case of evidence towards the idea that lack of competition causes stagnation. Its well cleaned and treats its customers well, but it is VERY behind hardwarewise (the sound system is simply awful. This is not a case of my bad hearing; I know of other people whom report having missed lines due to garbling), and a couple of the movie players themselves have scratches on them (or at the very least the last few movies I went in to see had artifacting that to my knowledge is not supposed to be there).

It only has like 5 or 6 screens too, so it cant show too many movies at once, either.

When the hell did SH1 go up in price? It’s easily going for $40 on eBay these days… do people not realize that it’s a Greatest Hits title? Do they also not realize that you can <A HREF=“http://www.konamistyle.com/b2c_kden/b2c/init.do”>easily buy it new for $20 USD through Konami themselves</A>? What’s more, you can purchase any of the Silent Hill titles directly from Konami, aside from the PS2 version of Silent Hill 2 (though you can get the PS2 version of Silent Hill 2 Restless Dreams), the Xbox version of SH2: Restless Dreams, and the PC versions of Silent Hills 3 or 4. And they are <I>all</I> $19.99 (aside from SH2:RD for PC, it’s $4.99)… eBay’s economy never makes any sense to me.

SH1 is a greatest hits? When the hell did that happen?

Well the first place I always check is EB’s website, and seeing it was backordered at best the next place I check is Ebay which is generally a ludicrous mockery of real prices.

After that I just sorta stop bothering. Chock it up to laziness on my part.

EDIT: Ok the Konami website does me no good anyway, they appear to only accept “USA” as a country, so I’m betting only ship there. Too bad I’m in Canadia >_>

cries in mourning of game

EDIT 2: Ok, so I found a rental place that has SH1. Woo! plays through all endings

When you live on an island in Canada, you take what you get. >>

Some time in late 2000, early 2001.

With the way that much of the US (and often the internet) treats Canada, you’d think it was some isolated island. If you’re desperate, though, just have someone that you trust on the internet order it from you from Konami and ship it to you. Hell, I’m tempted to order some and sell them on eBay, at those prices… there are factory sealed GH prints of the game going for $50 with 10+ bids… -_-

Yeah I thought of that but I don’t really have anyone in the states that would fit the bill for that purpose unfortunatly.