You're All Freaks!

Well geeks are usually people that are well knowledged about a particular topic, like someone who knows everything about typewriters for instance could be considered a geek… A nerd on the other hand would probably be a more specific geek… I don’t really know, actually. lol. I guess you could just consult the dictionary, but nerd and geek being 2 different things is just something I’m pretty sure is right. I could be wrong though.

<i>nerd also nurd ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nûrd)
n. Slang
A foolish, inept, or unattractive person.
A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept

geek ( P ) Pronunciation Key (gk)
n. Slang

A person regarded as foolish, inept, or clumsy.
A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.
A carnival performer whose show consists of bizarre acts, such as biting the head off a live chicken.</i>

Seems pretty similar to me

You mean I can’t blame everything on videogames now? Back to blameing everything on tv, I suppose.

Originally posted by Nulani
You mean I can’t blame everything on videogames now? Back to blameing everything on tv, I suppose.

And if they take that away too there’s always the goverment. You can blame everything on the goverment.

Originally posted by Seraphim Ephyon
And if they take that away too there’s always the goverment. You can blame everything on the goverment.

Or society, that’s another classic.

I’m already doing that, I’m keeping the goverment and rap music for emergencies.

I blame Bush. Is that the same as blaming the government?

I think blaming the government is more blaming the system, not just one person.

I blame the media.

All this says is gamers aren’t as nerdy as previously predicted.

I blame this

I blame the blame.

As I am currently at Tafe doing Network Enginerring, Games make us most social…we play each other at WC3 at least once a week during class breaks…we set up LAN’s at various peoples houses and I must say…it’s more enjoyable than hanging around with Drunken Bogans at parties, and i find myself being more social :slight_smile:

I love Lan parties, makes up for my horribly crappy 56K and I meet a lot of people.

We have no one to blame but ourselves.

I blame Booken.

/me glares evilly at Booken >_>

Hides
I didn’t do it >_>

All I have to say in this thread is that the researchers obviously overlooked TD. =P

Originally posted by Booken
I blame this

Wow, for a minute there I thought it was something actually worthwhile. Looks like I was wrong.