You know what you dont see anymore?

Ecto-coolers, remember? the drink based on ghostbusters? Had Slimer on the carton? it was green juice of somekind. Yummy. also, remember those popsickles that were shaped like Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck and Goofy? Those were good. And remember those popsickles of Marios head, and there were gumballs for eyes? I miss the icecream man, he doesnt come around here anymore, cuz we would like throw firecrackers into his truck, and do other awful things. He probably killed himself…

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0822/

The Ecto Cooler Bible.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
[b]http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0822/

The Ecto Cooler Bible. [/b]

Why does it not suprise me that this exists

OMG, Cyber, have I told you lately that I love you?

Damn, I remember those. And the Mario with the bubblegum eyes. Wow, that takes me back.

That was the best story i’ve ever read.

The other day i saw glow worms on the shelf :smiley:

~starla

I could’ve sworn the local ice-cream man still sold those mario-head icecream popsicle things last time I checked, but they were different from how I remembered them being. That was around 3 years ago though, so I’m not sure if they’re still around…

Just as well. I’d be afraid of attempting to drink one of those all these years later. I mean, really.

Talk about having “gone off…”

Just think about it.

shudders

>:( YOU SHUT THE HELL UP, KAISER!

Originally posted by starla peacecraft
[b]That was the best story i’ve ever read.

The other day i saw glow worms on the shelf :smiley:

~starla [/b]

I noticed while shopping at Walgreens that they had My Little Ponys and Strawberry Shortcake dolls on sale.

Man, seeing stuff from your childhood being resold as ‘Retro’ will make ya feel like an old geezer…and when they start using Nirvana songs in car commercials, I’m gonna throw in the towel and play an old skool game of Mario Bros. on my Nintendo. Darn kids and their loud music.

I think I remember that commercial. I also remember thinking that stuff tasted like crap.

Originally posted by Trillian
[b]I noticed while shopping at Walgreens that they had My Little Ponys and Strawberry Shortcake dolls on sale.

Man, seeing stuff from your childhood being resold as ‘Retro’ will make ya feel like an old geezer…and when they start using Nirvana songs in car commercials, I’m gonna throw in the towel and play an old skool game of Mario Bros. on my Nintendo. Darn kids and their loud music. [/b]

Ahh- but those cartoons and Nirvana are from two different eras.

The popular songs from the 80s are already being used in car commercials… BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Just wait ten more years, maybe less… you’ll hear it. =)

Ad for a dating agency: “I’m so happy, 'cause today I found my friends, and I’m not sad…”

I remember the Ecto-Coolers and Disney character popsicles. Don’t remember Mario :confused:

No, the retro thing that’s getting me is seeing all of those Nickelodeon game shows on the Nick GAS channel. That’s really brining me back.

Heh…I remember this. My mom never let me touch the stuff. :too bad;

'll have to get me some of that Tangergreen hooha. :hahaha;

How about the Nintendo cereal? Huh? HUH??? No one ever thinks about Nintendo cereal…

Originally posted by Amerycinsycho
How about the Nintendo cereal? Huh? HUH??? No one ever thinks about Nintendo cereal…

Thats because nintendo cereal was razor blade flavored, and caused cancer. The plus was if you drank the milk you saw god.

Originally posted by X_countryguy
No, the retro thing that’s getting me is seeing all of those Nickelodeon game shows on the Nick GAS channel. That’s really brining me back.

OH YEA! I KNOW! Like mark summers hosting double dare. He was OCD and that show was so dirty. Must’ve sucked for him.

I used to get those ecto coolers in my lunch. They were good.

Ecto-coolers were a flavor of Hi-C, the best flavor.

Originally posted by Trillian
Man, seeing stuff from your childhood being resold as ‘Retro’ will make ya feel like an old geezer…and when they start using Nirvana songs in car commercials, I’m gonna throw in the towel and play an old skool game of Mario Bros. on my Nintendo. Darn kids and their loud music.

That’s pretty much how I felt when I learned that Green Day had a greatest hits album out… I think that’s when my first gray hair showed up, actually.

Originally posted by Cybercompost
[b]Ahh- but those cartoons and Nirvana are from two different eras.

The popular songs from the 80s are already being used in car commercials… BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Just wait ten more years, maybe less… you’ll hear it. =)
[/b]

Yeah. I cringed when I hear “How Soon Is Now” 's opening riff being used to shill Nissan. Sad times indeed when car commericals have better playlists than radio stations…

That’s when you know you’re getting long in the tooth.