You ever think of...

… ending it all? I mean life rough and it blows. We work our asses off for nothing in the end and the world is so fucked up who knows when it’ll all end.

Of course. Most people think about that some time in their life. The thing you have to realize though, is that by ending it all, you will accomplish nothing. You will only leave suffering if you do that. You’ll leave family and friends saddened. In other words, it would be extremely irresponsible and selfish. Don’t do it. You’re pretty cool.

Yes, as a matter of fact; far more often than I ought to. The occasional urge to tear some random person’s throat also pops into my head.

No, I believe suicide is something unforgivable(at least if I were to try it). But a few years ago I was summing up life by saying “You’re born, you go to school, you work, you die.” Now that is a depressing thought. Never doing anything that would really be meaningful.

Though, life becomes more enjoyable when that sort of thinking is abandoned and you enjoy even the simplest of joys: like watching a sunset.

Yeah, sometimes I post in my LJ about how I’m gonna end it all unless someone posts in the next hour to change my mind. Then I talk about cutting myself.

We work jobs we hate to buy shit we don’t need.

Suicide is for stupid people who deserve to die.

I do, all the time, actually. But thankfully, I am way too afraid to act upon them. Hell, I’m afraid whenever depression kicks in, so I act twice as productive at my work then.

No matter how depressing my life gets I won’t end it like that. Am not the type to give up…I am stubborn and I will go through the torture of life…thinking that I will find someday something that will alleviate my pain. Yeah, life sucks…but it can be fulfilling sometimes. I thought about suicide a couple of time, but I know I will never do such a thing. I thought about homicide…and that thought will linger sometimes.

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
Suicide is for stupid people who deserve to die.

I think about it many a time, but there are two things holding me back:

1. Suicide is foolish and accomplishes nothing. It’s a permenant solution to what is probably a temporary problem. It leaves your family in pain and misery, and tarnishes their memory of you.

2. I don’t know if God exists or not, but suicide is damned in nearly every religion, and if the choice is between temporary pain and (possibly) eternal burning and agony, I’d rather not risk it.

Nah, it is just school, finances, car, work, life sucking, etc. I lvoe the Marine Corps too much to do anything stupid. But man< I just want to end all of this some way. School and the Marine Corps take up a lot of time. My funds are limited. My mom is a bitch. My time is limited enough as it is. I don’t have time to get another job. Marine Corps doesn’t pay the bills when on reserve status. My mom is a huge fuckin’ bitch. School costs a fortune. I can finally pay for school and everyone wants to take the little bit of money I had. This sucks and blows. I’m in a downward spiral with no end in sight. Plus, I’m extremely shy that getting a job even with the time is difficult.

Basically, I’m swimming up shit creek without a paddle.

Originally posted by Infonick

I’d love some. I’m rather thirsty at the moment.

You have to take it like a man and struggle to make your life better. Don’t give money to anybody, stay away from your mom and endure with school untill you are finished with it. Your problems don’t have to last forever if you don’t want them to.

The thing about suicide is, that NO ONE knows if it TRULY is better than a terrible life. Only those who have died know, and they can’t tell. The only SURE thing is, once you have done it, there’s no turning back. At least while you’re still alive, there IS a chance things will get better. Yes, no matter how bad you think your life is, there ARE people worse off than you.
Most of us have no idea what TRUE suffering is. Lack of freedom, sexual abuse, insanity, being crippled, terrible diseases, physical and mental torture- that and more happens to so many in this world… and even in those cases, there have been those who escape to live better.

Info, and the rest of you young people who might be reading this, please believe me- as long as you’re alive, there IS hope. Suicide is never the answer.

Suicide? Who ever said anything about suicide. The situation is just driving me crazy and I want to do something, but I don’t have a clue. It just creates anger.

It might comfort you to realize that there is no way a human being can be forced to do anything. Ultimately every action you take is a result of some choice you make (unless it’s some sort of reflex, but that’s limited to physical stimuli).

There must be something that makes you happy… there’s no way there isn’t something you like/love so much…

focus on that

Ooh yeah, I’ve thought about ending it all before. I even did, one time, like 2 months ago. I quit school, quit life in the town I knew all my life, quit living with my dad and basically ended every aspect of my life I’d ever known (except for the things related to RPGC - and the feeling of blood coursing through my veins), in exchange for a cruel world filled with possibilities I could never guess at. Yeah, I Ended it All, and it turned out to be one of the best choices I’ve ever made in my life. Sometimes it’s essential in order to maintain your sanity. I doubt it’d ever be necessary to actually physically end your life, but sometimes we put ourselves into situations which are empty and completely devoid of meaning, and wrap ourselves up so tightly in that meaninglessness cause we want to feel important…but then if we’re at all sensitive to the real world, pretty soon it all comes crashing down on us. Like Sin said, we work jobs we hate to buy shit we don’t need.

In any case, I understand completely what you’re saying. And know that there’s always a way to change your life for the better, even if you can’t see it at the moment. Usually…it involves giving up certain things which are precious to your ego, or your self-image. I was a straight-A student in the top classes at one of the most challenging public schools in the country. Now I’m just thankful I’m getting a diploma. And yet, I’m really, really content and at peace where I am. Weird, wonderful shit happens. Don’t give up hope just yet.

-Mazrim Taim