You ask, I write

Gawd, I’m bored and hot, and uncomfortable because I have to move back to my parents over the summer*. And I’ve been working non-stop with Jak and Daxter fanfics/fanart for ages. I need an artistic break.

So, I’ll let you guys challenge me.

Think of something you’d like to see in fanfic, make a list of two to four things that should be included in the story, and I’ll attempt to write a drabble of up to or around 500 words for you. I can’t promise I’ll do everything asked of me, but I’ll make an attempt.

Gaah, I still owe a couple of people stories, but I need a kickstart ^^;;

deep breath Okay, here comes the fun part.

RPGs I’ve recently played (aka. remember properly):

FF1
Vagrant Story
Dark Chronicle
Wild ARMs 3
Kingdom Hearts
Legaia 2
Grandia 2
Tales of Symphonia
Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits
Shadow Hearts
Disgaea
Zelda: Link’s awakening
Star Ocean 3
Drakengard

Rusty, but could be doable:
Summoner 1, 2
Chrono Trigger
FF2-10
Grandia
Dark Cloud
Wild ARMs
Mystic Quest (Seiken Densetsu 1)
Secret of Mana
Seiken Densetsu 3
Super Mario Bros.: Legend of the Seven Stars
Earthbound Zero
Earthbound
Lufia 1, 2
Tales of Phantasia
Faxanadu
Battle of Olympus
Crystalis
Dragon Warrior 1, 2, 3, 6
Legend of Zelda 1, 2, A Link to the Past
Breath of Fire 1, 2
Soul Blazer
Terrangima
Legend of Dragoon
Legend of Legaia
Sword of Hope
Onimusha 1, 2 (“Demon king <I>Fortinbras</I>? You’re fighting fourteen bras?”)

And while I have played Phantasy Star 1 and 2, as well as Sword of Vermillion, it was too long ago I’m afraid :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, yes I know… I’m a scary little girl. :ulty:

Original novel? Umm… yeah, I’ve got that… covered. Kinda. Ehehehe. Okay, come at me! kung fu pose

*While loving my parents, I wanna live on my own now, dammit!

A crossover between Kingdom Hearts and Earthbound, featuring Wakka from FF10 as the antagonist >_>

It’s meant as a joke, but if you did do it I’m sure it would be good.

Nice way to try and pass off Onimusha as an RPG :stuck_out_tongue:

Xael: Oi chuckles Mmwell, I’ll see what I can do. :slight_smile:

Crotanks: Oh shush, I just want an excuse to write Yubei/Gogandantes slash.

… and if you take that one seriously, I’ll inflict bodily harm on you so badly your great grandchildren will squeak.

Since I’m currently playing Star Ocean 3, I wouldn’t mind seeing a romantic fic between Fayt, and either Sophia or Maria. I don’t really mind which one you pair him up with, so your choice. It would probably work best being post game.

Well yeah, that’s what I would like to see. But only if you are in the mood to wirte it, of course.

I always thought that Fayt would be more inclined to go with Maria than Sophia actually. They both have hair color that’s almost the same tint of blue, for one, and that’s enough reason in a video game. They just click more to me.

Have a scene in Arc The Lad: Twilight of The Spirits where Paulette and Volk reconcile their…erm, well, you know what’s between them. I haven’t beaten the game, but I’m at the final boss, and I’m saddened there wasn’t really any reconciliation between the two. The situation between them was, to me, more interesting than the regurgitated problems that surfaced between Kharg and Darc whenever they meet.

Or, you can do a scene with what happened in-between Darc’s chapter 1 and 2. He totally changed after the events in Chapter 1. I think the battle against the final boss in his first chapter, and the scene where Delma acts so shocked at the end of the chapter really could be something, ya know? Heck, his first chapter is really the only character development he has for the rest of the game. You could write a story about that chapter alone.

Man, I haven’t heard of Legend of Dragoon in awhile. Good game, though. A cross between that and Kingdom Hearts with some bizzarre irony would be humorous.

If you have them both fight in the final battle, they’ll start talking and Volk will say something like “I won’t let you die! You have to carry on your father’s strength!”. Not quite a reconcilation but it’s there :slight_smile:
Well, I like that idea, I’ll see what I can do.

Man, is there something about me and crossovers, or are you guys only doing this for fun? XD nudges Hanging Around beneath bed I’m on 'em.

Hah. I have a true challenge for you, weiila. A pokemon fic. Yes, pokemon. I guessing you’d rather not, but it might be funny, especially if Cloud just kills them all in the end anyway.

I don’t remember that game. is that the one where they had firion dancing to pop music and gus is wearing nothing but a thong and a scarf? :moogle:

Ok, Weii, here’s something I really like to see:

Good being shown as being stronger than Evil.

No no. Not just heroes kicking ass. That happens all the time. And it’s usually because the heroes are STRONGER than the villains, or the villain commits a stupid mistake (understimating the heroes, etc.) That’s not really Good vs Evil.

I mean, a PRACTICAL example of how good people win because they are good.

I’ll give you some examples:

-Luke redeeming Vader by refusing to kill his father, as the Emperor wanted, at the end of Return of the Jedi. The Emperor wanted Luke to be corrupted by the Dark Side by giving in to his anger. When he refused, the Emperor tried to kill Luke- which caused Vader to rebel.

-In The Incredibles, Mr. Incredible refuses to kill Mirage when he has the chance, EVEN though he believed his family had just been killed. Syndrome called him weak for that. But Mirage disagreed, and realized Syndrome didn’t care about her at all. So, she switched sides. Without her help, The Incredibles might never had arrived in time to save the city. Thus, it was the fact that Incredible never broke his heroic ideals (even when it seemed pointless and he was full of rage) that saved the day in the end.

This is really my favorite kind of story. I’d like to see you write such a scene. You choose who to use. I have faith in your skills. ^_~

Write a story where the heroes don’t all live happily ever after.

It’s been a passing interest of mine to think about RPG characters, and what their lives really WOULD be like after they beat the final boss and went back to everyday life… or tried to. But honestly: they killed a GOD. How can they ever go back to normal life again?

My interest is to imagine endings for characters ranging from “realistic” to “Worst case scenario”. I want to see you try your hand at that.

Say for the cast of FFVI: just write something showing how life would have changed for them after killing Kefka, and the NEW hardships in life they’d have to face. If you want some of my ideas on what might happen, contact me. I have… interesting thoughts.

Before anybody asks, I got Valk to post again, K?

And yeah, we have been talking about his RPG ideas. Dark, maybe, but very well thougth-out. Funny how we get along when we’re so opposite, eh? :stuck_out_tongue:

YAAAAY!!! valkarie esker is temporaraly back! runs up to hug her then remembers she is a he

:moogle:

cait, don’t hug me. I don’t know you well enough for you to hug me, and what I DO know about you isn’t very complimentary.

Anyway, yeah, this brought me back for a bit, and UI suppose I’ll stick around at least to take care of a few thigns in the Staff Section and get all the attention i deserve for my anniversary-Birthday celebration.

Do send me a PM, Val, that sounds interesting :slight_smile:

Cait: With FF2-10 I meant that I’ve played all of them from the second to the tenth not too long ago.

I’m considering the other ideas as well :slight_smile:

Allright, Weiila, write a lemon involving you and I.

Even more challenging: Write a lemon between you and the Space Mice in Charle’s avatar!

No, that wouldnt be hard, cuz mice can easily fit inside a vagina. Now a PENIS, like I have, wouldnt fit in a mouse that easily. Despite what you’ve heard.

I really like the idea Val suggested.
That is something that I’ve been bothered by a lot. People <I>always</I> live happily ever after just because that’s how things are “supposed to end”. >_<

And by the way, welcome back Val. Good to see you again. (Gotta change my avatar back to the “one of the losers” just for this special occasion when I get home. :))