Yet more vampirism

Yay, it seems like we started a bandwagon on international scale :victoly: Dracula is now into blood donation too ^^

Ottomar Rodolphe Vlad Dracula Prince Kretzulesco won an election on his lands in Brandemburg (East of Germany) with 726 votes and now he’s in a local council.

He is not a blood descendant of the romenian count, but a princess who comes from Vlad’s family adopted Ottomar, and he added the nickname of the impaler to his own. Dracula is a word that relates to dragons, but Vlad was given this epithete because he treated his enemies in the most draconian way (a reference to a roman emperor named Draco).

Dracula (Kretzulesco, not the count) wanted to start an independent principality in his town to keep it away from a forced merging with another town. That’s how the guy got into politics. His ancestry make him quite famous, and his castle in Schenkendorf is visited by 100,000 Dracula fans every year. ^^ Like every good-aligned vampire these days, he hosts blood donor parties ^^. He gives those parties in his castle in behalf of the German Red Cross, and now that he’s in the town council, he’ll be making efforts to draw more people into donation.

I’m thinking about sending him a letter about our Vampire Day Project. I think he might pay us a visit in August. Maybe I can even get an autograph from him :yipee:

NEW PUNISHMENT IN EAST GERMAN TOWN

Murder now punishable by impaling!

I vant to suck your blood!

Sorry… couldn’t resist.

That’s pretty cool.

Well, at least he’s putting his descent into good use…

Wow and here I thought the man was all evil…least his name is good for something:hahaha;

Hmm … I wonder if my kind of “vampirism” counts …

No.

Originally posted by Yar Kramer
Hmm … I wonder if my kind of “vampirism” counts …

thinks impure thoughts

gets baka-smacked

Originally posted by Ren
Ottomar Rodolphe Vlad Dracula Prince Kretzulesco won an election on his lands in Brandemburg (East of Germany) with 726 votes and now he’s in a local council.

Brandenburg is in Germany.

Originally posted by Ren
Dracula is a word that relates to dragons, but Vlad was given this epithete because he treated his enemies in the most draconian way (a reference to a roman emperor named Draco).

Draco was not a Roman emperor, but actually an Athenian (i.e. Greek) statesman who founded the law code of Athens circa 600 BCE. In his law code, the sentence for all crimes was death, and as such it became the root of the word draconian. His name although it came to mean dragon as well, originally just meant snake.

Also, the original Vlad was not a count, but a king (of Wallachia).

nice research…

I meant in the eastern part of Germany, but I suck with locations… and I just checked my books. You’re right about Draco. Dude, reading his bio, I came to think that must have been me in my last incarnation :fungah:

I didn’t know about Walacchia. I’m curious now and eager to do some research on it.

Nice man vlad punished people by putting them on top of tall wooden stakes and letting gravity do the work. He then collected the blood at the bottom and dipped his bread in it.

smart guy he was… he probably didn’t even have to wash his hands

Thank you for your enlightening post. It is about time that people realized Dracula isn’t ALL about blood-suckers.

sigh Vampirists are everywhere.

His real last name – Tepes – is pronounced “TSEP-esh.” I think.

Vlad’s county was also invaded by his neighbours, Austria-Hungary who trapped him in his castle. Vlad escaped through a secret tunnel wearing boots with heals on the front rather than the back making his tracks look like they went in the opposite direction. They them put his brother on the throne as a puppet.