Yes, even ONE vote can make a difference!

http://www.afa.net/petitions/marriagepoll.asp

This is a poll that this group will present the results to Congress, they are an anti-gay group, so right now, anti-gay is winning, but if we band together we will beat them! Another step up people! Cast your vote!

The problem I have with that poll, at a first glance anyway, is the last two options. I’d think it would be more effective if they were combined, and then determined if it were called marriage or not. At a glance it seems like the last two options will divide the pro-gay marriage votes too much.

Edit: I think all this “traditional marriage” stuff is total bullshit, and I do support the idea of gay marriage, but I can’t vote because I’m Canadian, and it’s legal in British Columbia anyway.

Gay marriage is somthing that should be enjoyed between a man and a woman!

Originally posted by Karlemagne
Gay marriage is somthing that should be enjoyed between a man and a woman!

Amen to that!

>Gay marriage is somthing that should be enjoyed between a man and a woman!

Scwharzeneggar actually said something like that :stuck_out_tongue:

That was the point.

Anyway, I really don’t mind. Besides, I’m Canadian. And Alberta is one of the few provinces that really is anti-gay marriage.

Originally posted by Curtis
Scwharzeneggar actually said something like that :stuck_out_tongue:
DOIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DUHHHHHHHH WHAAAAAAAAA?

Schwarzenegger said that, I didn’t know if you were making fun of him or if you thought of it yourself or whatever.

yo momma!

Well, considering I’m against gay marriage and not American I won’t go into further comment aside Wrom: XISHJEXXIMQZUIVOTQNQEM

What’s the point of signing/voting? The govt officially ignores all web polls and web petitions.

And I don’t know what side to vote for anyways. The only issue of marriage as far as the govt is concerned is tax deductions that are meant for raising children. Since homosexual couples can’t create a child, nor adopt (since there aren’t enough kids to go around), the tax deductions would basically just be an abuse. Plus, the only real gains in this country are from the kids already being born and alive.
What’s the point of marriage in the first place? Two things: legitimize children (can’t be done with homosexuals, and children born out of wedlock is no longer the issue that it was), and give spousal privelege in court.
The anti-gay arguements mostly consist of “ruining the sanctity of marriage,” but with the existance of such things as divorice, the “sanctity” is already lost.

Homophobes are as bad as anti-semitists and other groups who promote hatred against minorities.

I would vote in favor of gay and lesbian marriage. I won’t because this poll will be ignored by the government.

This group is run by Don Wildmon, the same guy who condemned that list of television shows that someone posted here a while ago.

Give me one good reason you arent hitler.

Homophobes suck.

is killed

Oh, Ren, I don’t think that this poll WILL be ignored by the government. Its done by an organization that really does hold clout in politics. Unfortunately, you live in Brazil, so its a moot point- you cannot vote.

First of, all, it’s an internet petition, go ahead & vote, I posted this here so everyone would vite & change the difference in percentage. Me & my friends Roberto are sending this URL everywhere to try to change the percentage we saw.

Anti-Gay Marriage: 47%
Gay marriage: 41%
Commitment Thingy: 12%

Originally posted by Uriel
[b]First of, all, it’s an internet petition, go ahead & vote, I posted this here so everyone would vite & change the difference in percentage. Me & my friends Roberto are sending this URL everywhere to try to change the percentage we saw.

Anti-Gay Marriage: 47%
Gay marriage: 41%
Commitment Thingy: 22% [/b]

Except these are the statistics now (by the way, yours add up to more than one hundred percent)…

I oppose legalization of homosexual marriage and “civil unions” 39.26%
(163015 votes)
I favor legalization of homosexual marriage 52.38%
(217488 votes)
I favor a “civil union” with the full benefits of marriage except for the name 8.35%
(34673 votes)

I know, that was my mistake, those were the stats as of 3 days ago, except that union thingy was 12%