YAY! No peace! All we want is another war! YAY!

Originally posted by Kagon
Japan actually can’t go to war due to their Constitution. They’re a pacifist nation.

I dont think that will count anymore, sadly

anyway…

1: I think Bush is an idiot, too direct said I know, but I think so

2: China will get mad at the USA, which USA doesnt want them to and I seriously think, that if USA goes to war with China, then USA will get its [insert something here] kicked back to Kansas…
(pardon my french)

3: what iiis it good for? absolutely nothing!

4: USA also has nuclear weapons “but we only use them because we want to look powerful”, well what if north Korea uses them to look powerful?

5: too many civilians will die

6: I am almost confident that it will end like the Vietnam war (speaking of old stuff, some guy said that the way USA works right now looks like the last days of Rome, cant remember where I read that, maybe in here lol)

(not going in economic arguements cause I actually find the imagination of Bush talking about something as complicated as money quite funny “eh… we’ll just attack someone… yeah, that woman over there! yeah you! your a witch! BUUUUURN THE WITCH!”)

oh yeah and, right now I think both the US and the “terror nations” are too blame, if USAA attacks Korea, I will think that the US is the evil guys here, 'nuff said.

the usa has only used their nuclear arsenal against other humans to save their own troops lives, so far. north korea is sort of run by a crazyperson.

Originally posted by Mazrim Taim
And in like a year I’m draft age…dude. Some heavy shit, here…

A draft might actually be used since the militaery is literally as spread out as much as possible, hense the reason reserves are being activated so much right now and have to be prepared ot be activated in such a short time after being activated. I work at Pendleton, so I’m around one of the biggest parts of the Marine Corps. While Marines generally never do peace keeping operations, some of the units are gearing up to go back do just that (we have no doctrines or procedures really since that is something we’ve never done historically, we are making it up as we go). A draft wouldn’t be as bad as Vietnam since those who would be drafted would get much more training (in Vietnam and Korea, Marines got 2 weeks of intense training before going over).

Another financial aspect to consider would be that EVERY service member is covered for $250,000. A high casualty war would hurt us in so many ways, which Korea would probably be.

Originally posted by Mazrim Taim
(since they don’t have much of a military - it’s how they managed to become such an economically awesome power in such a short time).
Well, not quite. Japan does have a military. It’s called the Self-Defence Force, and Japan actually spends a good amount of money on it. It was created under pressure from the United States during the Cold War, though its existence was always kind of fraught with tension since the Japanese constitution officially renounces war. Nonetheless, it very much exists.

I doubt Bush is going to go to war with North Korea. The casualties there would be much greater, since North Korea has a better military than Iraq and possibly has nuclear weapons, as opposed to the nonexistent Iraqi weapons that Bush lied about. And a draft would really wreck Bush’s approval rating. The military itself has said that a draft wouldn’t be likely since a drafted military would have low morale, insufficient training, and generally would waste more money than it would be worth. No, Bush is probably just going to rattle his sabre at North Korea but not do much of anything.

As for Kim Jong Il, his recent actions aren’t very insane. On the contrary, after what happened to Iraq, it’s sensible for him to go after nuclear weapons. His goal is has been basically to achieve a non-aggression treaty.

Originally posted by Sephiroth Katana
[b]Well, not quite. Japan does have a military. It’s called the Self-Defence Force, and Japan actually spends a good amount of money on it. It was created under pressure from the United States during the Cold War, though its existence was always kind of fraught with tension since the Japanese constitution officially renounces war. Nonetheless, it very much exists.

I doubt Bush is going to go to war with North Korea. The casualties there would be much greater, since North Korea has a better military than Iraq and possibly has nuclear weapons, as opposed to the nonexistent Iraqi weapons that Bush lied about. And a draft would really wreck Bush’s approval rating. The military itself has said that a draft wouldn’t be likely since a drafted military would have low morale, insufficient training, and generally would waste more money than it would be worth. No, Bush is probably just going to rattle his sabre at North Korea but not do much of anything.

As for Kim Jong Il, his recent actions aren’t very insane. On the contrary, after what happened to Iraq, it’s sensible for him to go after nuclear weapons. His goal is has been basically to achieve a non-aggression treaty. [/b]

I’m not saying a draft would be the best, I would highly disapprove of it despite it not affecting me. I’m just saying it would be necessary since we don’t have the man power to do it.

Ah, alright, thanks for the clarification SK. I had actually heard something like that might exist, but I was never too sure about it.

Originally posted by Silhouette
lets see you enlist (not in the texas air national guard) before you say that again, sorcerer.

Excuse me? What the hell are you talking about? Believe it or not, I don’t have to be in the armed forces to support a war our country is involved in, just like I don’t have to be a crazed left wingest to be in opposistion to a war our country is involved in.

I think he just wants to get into the Guiness Book of Records, as the President who has decleared the most wars in the shortest amount of time. nod, nod

I doubt we’ll have a war against North Korea, there is too little to be gained and too much to be lost.

Fear: Lets have a war
Let’s have a War
So you can all Die.
Let’s Have a War
We can all use our Brains.
Let’s Have a War
Redeem this space.
Let’s have a War
We have this place.

Let’s have a War
Jack up the Dow Jones
Let’s have a War
We can save New Jersey
Let’s have a War
Blame it on the Middle Class
Let’s have a War
Like rats in a cage.

Let’s have a War
Sell the rights to the networks
Let’s have a War
Nevermind about that last time.
Let’s have a War
Give life a little twist.
Let’s have a War
The Enemy’s Within…

Originally posted by Nulani
…there is too little to be gained and too much to be lost.

Like Iraq.

Originally posted by Devillion
Theres no threat in north korea. They are flapping their arms to get monetary donatitions, and sanctions lifted. They are one of the poorest country’s in the world, they just use their army and arsenal to scware the world into appeasing them.

Which is why they have publically re-activated their largest Nuclear Reactor, publically announced that they have begun research into Nuclear weapons, and have announced that should the situation arise Nuclear weapons would be launched at our cities?

Yea. Ok. This war already is a lot more justified than the war against Iraq.

Originally posted by Infonick
Like Iraq.

Only moreso in North Korea.

And I doubt the United States has the required economy and manpower for another war and occupation.

Originally posted by Nulani
[b]Only moreso in North Korea.

And I doubt the United States has the required economy and manpower for another war and occupation. [/b]

We don’t, which is why Bush keeps amazing with his new lows.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
[b]Which is why they have publically re-activated their largest Nuclear Reactor, publically announced that they have begun research into Nuclear weapons, and have announced that should the situation arise Nuclear weapons would be launched at our cities?

Yea. Ok. This war already is a lot more justified than the war against Iraq. [/b]

No, it’s not, North Korea’s actions have been the same since the declaration that they’re part of some sort of Axis of evil: Try to achieve a level of defense that would make war declarations dangerous, gain enough power to be a minor threat and be worth a non-agression treaty. After Bush’s ‘example’ with Iraq, I fully understand their position: They’re afraid to be next with good reason.

“We must stay on the offensive until the terrorist threat is fully and finally defeated,” the president said.

I just read this on Yahoo!News. Good God! Bush can’t seriously expect to wipe out terrorism. This is also relating to Korea. Oh my God! Bush is really trying to wage war based on 9/11. He’s using that as justification for everything he does. Man, Bush pisses me off so much. I’m not even gonna be able to read any news involving him if this keeps up. Fuck I’m pissed. I can’teven type all that I’m thinking.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031019/ap_on_re_as/bush_85

Granted this is better than what he was saying yesterday, but not much. It just pisses me off that he mentions terrorism involiving another country though.

This is just like the war on drugs. They use military means to attack an enemy that should be defeated by education and social change.

This war already is a lot more justified than the war against Iraq.
Twice nothing is still not a lot. They’re researching nuclear weapons in order to try to deter Bush from attacking them for no reason. Although he probably won’t do that, they think that he might because he already did it to Iraq and also because he started explicitly threatening North Korea and lumping it into the same category as Iraq, and they think that it’s better to be safe than sorry. Increased military buildup across the world is one consequence of Bush’s invasion of Iraq that was blatantly obvious from the start. Even if such a war would be “more justified” than the one in Iraq, what good would that do if it would cause the deaths of untold numbers of Americans and Koreans that could otherwise be easily avoided?

The entire concept of the war against Iraq was the notion of preemptivity - we were hitting them before they could hit us. I would completly agree with what you guys are saying, if Kim Jong Il hadn’t already stated that he would attack us.

You know what? Earlier this year there was some discussion here about Brazil not dealing with enriched radioactive material due to some agreements. This week they announced new works on getting enriched Uranium (it’s been done in some city near the one where I live). In a few years we might have our own nukes.

I would completly agree with what you guys are saying, if Kim Jong Il hadn’t already stated that he would attack us.
He’s been saying that he will attack us if we attack him - he’s threatened to turn the Korean peninsula into “a sea of flames,” and shoot nuclear missiles at whatever he can reach, if we attack North Korea or make aggressive moves. I think he also might have said something about how he’s going to use “preemption” against us if we continue threatening him, probably in response to Bush saying that he’s going to use “preemption” against North Korea if Kim Jong Il keeps threatening us. But I doubt he really wants to start a war, when he has nothing to gain from it whatsoever.