YAY! No peace! All we want is another war! YAY!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031019/ap_on_re_as/bush&cid=516&ncid=716

Grrr…Just when you think that Bush can’t get any worse, he proves us wrong. Now come, do you really think that North Korea is going disarm? No, which means that Bush will force us into war there too. I’m thinking we’ll probably go right before the election to get people to keep him as president (as America has doen historically). GAH! I believe that Bush will set a new record, “most major wars in a presidential term.” It is mostly Bush’s last line in the article that convinces me that we will go.

“We have no intention of invading North Korea,” Bush said. “We expect North Korea to get rid of her nuclear weapons ambitions.”

Fuck, I REALLY don’t want to go to war with North Korea since that will be a brutal war, unlike Iraq and Afgahnistan. The casualties will be high. A war with Korea would actually scare me a bit to go. Those ones we have going on now aren’t too bad. We can’t even afford another war on so many levels. Financially, we need money for other things and Iraq is taking too much money as it is and we can’t afford that. Our active duty forces are extended as much as possible that reserves are now constantly being tapped and reactivated. Like a Yahoo!News article a couple weeks said a couple weeks ago, reserves after Gulf War I could rest easy and return to their normal lives easily, but now reserves have to worry about the next time they will be reactivated. In my unit we’re almost positive that we’ll be reactivated even though they just got back a month ago. A month ago they get back from Iraq and we’re already talking about being reactivated as much as we did before we went to Iraq. Fuck, Bush never ceases to amaze me at new levels of stupidity. I knew that he was trigger-happy, but not this trigger-happy. BUsh seems to be a “shoot-first, shoot later, and if anyone’s still alive ask questions” sort of guy. GAHGAHGAHGAGAHGAHGAHGAH!!! Yes, Bush is so much better than Gore ever would have been…:noway:

Not to change the subject, but I am imagining the title of this thread being said in a “Special Ed” voice. :hahaha;

Just as well, as he seems to be someone that Dubya can relate with.

Bush obviously never heard the song “War”. Otherwise, he would have heard that war is good for “absolutely nothing.”

Originally posted by Infonick
Bush obviously never heard the song “War”. Otherwise, he would have heard that war is good for “absolutely nothing.”

Lets throw “Fortunate Son” in here as well if we’re talking Creedence.

I would be in support of a war against North Korea, because while the threat is not immenient by any means, it is very real and very possible.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
I would be in support of a war against North Korea, because while the threat is not immenient by any means, it is very real and very possible.

I’m not saying that North Korea is all good and should be left alone, however, we don’t hjave the resources to go to another major war. We’ve already fought to major wars and are still doing a lot of work in both of those countries. Maybe in a couple of years we can fight North Korea, but not now.

If US attacks North Korea, the koreans may throw a nuke somewhere. South Korea will be made a hostage, and Japan and China will be forced into the fight for therown sakes. China has the hydrogen bomb… (imagines the explosion of an H-bomb)

lets see you enlist (not in the texas air national guard) before you say that again, sorcerer.

Japan actually can’t go to war due to their Constitution. They’re a pacifist nation.

Originally posted by Kagon
Japan actually can’t go to war due to their Constitution. They’re a pacifist nation.

That’s new to me. But North Korea may throw a nuke in Japan - Can’t they get into a war even if just to avoid that? And what about that thing about Japan sending troops to Iraq back when Saddam was still in power and US & UK were only holding that coastal city?

Yeah, the geopolitical ramifications of a war with North Korea would be like, fucking ENORMOUS. You have China right next to them, with whom we’re on chilly terms at best, and then there’s Japan definitely within missile range of North Korea, whom we’d be obligated to help (since they don’t have much of a military - it’s how they managed to become such an economically awesome power in such a short time). Not to mention, North Korea in and of itself has like, the fourth or third largest standing army in the world. We spent 200+ billion dollars in Iraq, and we basically walked right over them. Think about the money we’d spend in North Korea, not to mention the soldiers’ lives that would be lost. We wouldn’t be talking the occasional, “two soldiers were killed in action in Iraq” business. There’d be a fuckload more. And like Info said, we have so many soldiers ALREADY committed in Iraq, we’d be spread pretty damn thin. We’d probably be able to win, but it would set us back SO far economically, especially since you know Europe wouldn’t exactly be eager to help us after we openly defied the UN with Iraq.

And since Kim Jong Il is such an insane guy you KNOW he’s not going to just, give up his nuclear weapons program. He’d rather go out in a blaze of glory which Bush seems willing and glad to give him.

God. Like, this is actually REALLY serious. We could be talking about something which we wouldn’t economically recover from for like, tens of years. And right on the tail end of Iraq…this is bad for the US, if they go through with this plan. I mean, the political philosophies of the Bush administration are basically all for an eventual US-controlled hegemony of the world, and in that sense invading North Korea as quickly as possible would appear to be the most logical course of action…but seriously, I think we’d be definitely biting off more than we can chew if we go to war with North Korea in the near future. And in like a year I’m draft age…dude. Some heavy shit, here…

-Mazrim Taim

<font size=“8”>-_-;</font>

Can you freaky people at least stay away from Asia? Please? PLEEEEASE? ;_;

Well, yeah, I mean, if the whole of Asia got blown off the earth, I’d have nothing to live for…no more anime, no more manga, no more electronics, no more video games (or DT)…god, what kind of sick sorry world would THAT be?

;; ;; ;_;

shivers and cuddles her teddy no nuklear bombs are gonna get you, dont worry…we wont have soldiers burning down our house…I will protect you… o.o

We’re coming for ya DT! :mwahaha:

Oh yeah? OH YEAH? Well then! I’ll just…uh…uhm…guh…
Exactely. I’ll go to Germany. YOU DONT HAVE EUROPE YET <_<

…emphasis on “yet”.

Originally posted by Kagon

Which is why they are the best nation on the face of the earth.

NK + Nukes + Anti-US sentiment = Bush has gone way past ‘going too far’ and wandered stright of the cliff.

Originally posted by Sorcerer

Theres no threat in north korea. They are flapping their arms to get monetary donatitions, and sanctions lifted. They are one of the poorest country’s in the world, they just use their army and arsenal to scware the world into appeasing them.

One word. GUNDAMS!

<b>Bush:</b> War! Hunh! What is it good for? Getting me re-elected! Good God! Ye-HAW!!