XP or ME?

They wanted to release one last Windows 9x OS (Windows that wasn’t based on NT). Unfortunately, they failed in making it good.

Cash.
<Meh. No.>

Once again. XP. Much better.

<font size=“9”>XP</font>

On a another note, they should’ve come up with different initals that don’t look like someone puking

Of the given choises I would agree with the others and say XP, but if you have the option you may want to consider Windows 2000. It’s extremely stable and I can’t remember a time when it has crashed on me for no reason.

To jump on the proverbial bandwagon,: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, XP OVER ME!

Spill it DS. I wanna play Worms.

Comander Keen Episode 1 Runs on a 286 with DOS 3 and above. Not Tryed on XP or '95 yet but works on ME, berfore ME crashes.

I Use '98. I would add an attachment to show this.

Big Nutter

Fine, I’ll post the information friday after my current batch of finals, but I must warn you, it can only be done on a clean system, meaning you’ll need to format C: (or what ever drive windows in on) to it.

Still want to know?

“Sir, Yes sir!” “Missed!” “Oh Dear”

I think got a demo of Worms (1) to run with sound on my mum’s Xp Laptop. don’t know what i did though.

This is like asking,

“Which physical problem do I want? Mild diharraea lasting for a day or so (XP), or leprosy, haemophilia, and paraylzation from the neck down (ME)?”

Note: Written on an ME machine. The only machine I’ve ever seen crash WHILE FUCKING NOT RUNNING ANYTHING.

So anyway, I’m running ME now, but I have files on here that I want to keep and can’t burn/copy because I can’t burn/they’re too big for floppy.

BUT I still want to put XP on here. So is there a way to just like overwrite to make it XP?

Go to eBay, invest in a USB to USB cable which connects two computers by USB port. Copy files that way. VERY fast too if you get USB 2.0 (up to 480 MB/SEC, but I’ve never seen it THAT fast). Of course if you don’t have another computer or a laptop to do this with, invest in a CD burner. It’s only like $30 there (on eBay), and it’s nice to have one. I use mine a lot. I personally don’t know of any way to like “upgrade” it, but you may be able to.

You should be able to upgrade from ME to XP using a windows XP upgrade CD. The problem is that an upgrade isn’t as stable as a clean installl. One option would be to back them up to another computer using a cross cable (if you don’t have a home network). Or if you have several drives or different partitions you could simply back up the files to another drive, then format and reinstall XP from scatch (you could also do my little DOS/XP trick then). However this also has problems since backing up all your important files is a very tricky process which Windows doesn’t make any easier, I can tell you have to back up all your documents, important programs and e-mails, but it can be a fairly complex and no where near fool proof method so I’d rather not detail it out unless you really want to do it.

If you really want to switch to XP and you have a free IDE cable (most PCs have 4, each drive and CD-Rom/BurnerDVD uses one so if you have 1 HD and 1 or 2 CD drives then you probably have a spare cable) then you might consider buying yourself a new HD, switching your old one to slave mode and putting the new one in as a master and reinstalling the OS on that. You could then keep all your old files and copy everything you need at your leasure (a far safer and more convinient solution). Another HD is always a good investment and you can never have too much free space. It’s a more expensive solutions., but then again considering how rare winXP upgrade CD ISOs are online you’d probably have to buy one in order to upgrade anyway, which would probably end up costing you as much as a new HD and then downloading the full WinXP CD online.
-*Looks around in case anyone is watching. *-
Oh course downloading winXP is a bad bad thing to do :stuck_out_tongue:

Let me know what you want to do and I’ll be glad to provide you with the info you need.

I looked up the info, you can get a 160 Gig HD for the Price of the winXP upgrade CD.

Well I am networked to other comps, but I don’t know how to share folders with them, so if someone can explain that, I can reformat happily.

Right-click folder, sharing and security.

I did that and it doesn’t show up on the other computers.

On your network and connections tab, “view workgroup computers”. After doing that once, the folders should show up in the main network and connections window.

K, so that works. Now I can reformat and keep my files intact?

Transfer the files to a different comp, reformat, get the files back.