Xenosaga III

'Nyone know when it comes out ? Seem’s you’ll be able to play ‘Abel’ according to rpgamer’s propaganda.

The horror!

Don’t hold your breath. I wouldn’t expect XS 3 in NA for at least 1 year.

And why is this game an horror to you mister ?

Sinistral : Thanks Its gonna be a long while to wait though…

I’m still scared of this project. I just really hope they can pull off something to make up for Episode II.

If the “Abel” you talk about is the same Abel as in Xenogears, the kid couldn’t be more than roughly 8 years old. Plus, Deus still has to be invented and blow up Miktam 04 Beta.

If the decide to completely cut any possible ties with Xenogears… well, I just hope the game turns out well enough.

Spoilers ahead, you’ve been warned

[SPOILER]Isn’t Abel Fei ? I’m kinda confused as who is who due to Xenogears complex story.

Wiseman = Khan
Commander Ramses Kahran (Ramsus) = Emperor’s Cain clone
And Grahf ‘Emperor of Darkness’ is the past Fei know as Lacan…

…BUT as Khan is weaker Grahf takes over his body and vice-versa.

So Abel is the first incarnation of the ‘Contact’, technicly the first Fei right ?
[/SPOILER]
I don’t remember anything about Miktam 04 Beta though…

[SPOILER]I don’t know why you mentioned Ramsus and Cain, but yes, Abel would technically be Fei. Fei is the fourth advent of the Contact, the third being Lacan, second being Kim and first being Abel.

Abel was the only survivor of the Eldridge crash when he was barely a little boy, so if he is indeed going to be on XSIII, therefore appearing before the crash, he can’t be any older than that. And before you bring up something like “M.O.M.O. is a child too”, remember she is not only thirteen, but also a genetically engineered Realian, while Abel is a completely common human child with no powers of any kind prior to the crash.[/SPOILER]

But again, they’ll probably use the name character “Abel” for some other purpose and ignore Xenogears. I’m thinking of “Abel’s Ark” and the fact that they erased the boy from the original Episode II script (He was supposed to have a talk with Nephilim).

Miktam was the planet that Deus blew up during it’s first malfunction, leading to it’s sealing and transportation in the Eldridge. If you pay attention to Juli during Xenosaga I, she says that the events happening in the game are taking place between the space of Miltia and Miktam.

Humm very interesting facts indeed…

[SPOILER]Is Juli the actual ‘mother’ (which actualy bear a very strong ressemble Miang) of MOMO ?
'Cuz that name doesn’t ring a bell to me…been WAY too long since I played the first XS.

And you sure about Fei being the fourth incarnation ? 'Cuz IIRC (if I remember correctly) at the end of Xenogears they End of Episode 5 or something like this…meaning he would be the fifth no ?

About Deus now…i’m still not gettin’ this whole thing you first kill him as he’s somekinf of huge animal when you first enter the wreck of the Eldridge in XG, and then he somehow managed to stay alive long enough to evolve into that thing that you find in Neo-Merkava I think…or perhaps it is just Krelian who found it and keep it alive which would explain the monster in the middle sphere where its entire body is covered with eyes at the end of the game…'nyhow a mystery to me.[/SPOILER]

And yes he is a child, if you look closely at the images of rpgamer propaganda…clicka

[SPOILER]Lastly I still don’t understand what role plays Nephilim(asides from being a smaller version of ‘Sophia/Elly’) is all of this.

As what role was playing the Cardinal or that commander of the mysterious UTIC organization…

And I really don’t get why is the brother of junior(the one with the black hair) is being possesed by his creator professor insert forgotten name here as well from time to time…

As for all these masked-guys who look’s far more like colored versions of the KKK guys, its a mystery to me as well.

It would be cool if you’d answer all these questions to me…[/SPOILER]

I really don’t think they are going to tie this with Xenogears, at least not without leaving some gaping plotholes… but lets see if I can explain this imagining they are going to:

[SPOILER]Juli has absolutely no relation with Miang. She’s human, Program Hawwa (Miang) was a bunch of data in Kadamony. The only thing they have in common is their hair cut. Juli Mizrahi is Joachim Mizrahi’s ex wife and mother of Sakura Mizrahi. M.O.M.O. calls her mother, but there is really no blood connection between them besides for M.O.M.O. being based on Sakura.

Xenogears’ episodes were:
Episode I: Events in space. Deus destroys the planet Miktam 04 Beta and is sealed.
Episode II: Eldridge’s crash and Abel’s story.
Episode III: Zeboim era and Kim’s story.
Episode IV: Shevat-Solaris War, Lacan’s story, Diabolos Conflict.
Episode V: The events in the game. Fei’s story.
Episode VI: The post-Deus restoration of the planet.

Xenosaga’s episodes don’t have anything to do with Xenogears’ episodes. If they DO tie the two series together, then the entire Xenosaga arc would be Episode I of Xenogears. Episode’s II trough IV are summarized during the game and Episode VI would be too damn boring to actually make a story based on it.

Deus is a huge segmented mechanism. It’s constituted by separate elements such as the Biocomputer Kadamony, Zohar Modifier, Razael Tree Data Base, Merkavah and Yaveh. As long as the brain (In this case Kadamony, trough Miang and Ellehaym) remains active, the Merkavah (the transportation) and the Yaveh (The weapons system) are disposable. The “thing” you fought the first time was the basic form of the Yaveh, that later got reconstructed using the mutated humans at Soylent System and eventually merged with all the other parts to create what you fought at the end.

Nephilim is still a mystery. At first I thought she was U-DO (Which is very obviously based on Wave Existence), but it doesn’t seem like it.

Episode II’s script was a mix between the content that Soraya Saga (Writer for Xenogears and Xenosaga I) left when she quit the project and made up bullshit. So you got the parts that are good (The U.R.T.V. plot) and made up stuff (ORMUS). The cardinal’s role was to waste fifteen minutes of your time in that stupid boring fight. If you pay attention, the only thing that entire jumble with ORMUS caused was the Zohar being captured by the Gnosis.

Ah, c’mon. If you’ve played Xenogears, people coming back to life by possessing others shouldn’t be anything new. Yuriev probably just implanted his personality into Nigredo as a safeguard or something.

The Testament are there to play the mysterious badish guys, basically like Grahf. Blue is Virgil, Black is Voyager, the terrorist responsible for Ziggy’s death, Red is probably Shion’s dead boyfriend and White is very obviously chaos, although some say he’s Albedo.[/SPOILER]

Looking at the art, I have reached three conclusions:
[ul]
[li]Yes that is obviously Abel, at least Xenosaga’s Abel.
[/li][li]Shion’s boobies suddely grew.
[/li][li]So did KOS-MOS’, which means someone at 2nd R&D needs to go out more often.
[/li][/ul]

[SPOILER]

I really don’t think they are going to tie this with Xenogears, at least not without leaving some gaping plotholes… but lets see if I can explain this imagining they are going to

I don’t know. I really though both ‘series’ were connected though. 'Cuz I can’t count how many refferences were made to XG during the first XS. They were just too many of 'em

Program Hawwa (Miang) was a bunch of data in Kadamony.

What the hell is program hawwa ? I don’t remember that at all from XG…but I do remember that ‘Miang’ is some kind of virus that is in all womens of the earth(or whatever planet they were on at the time of XG) and thus why Elly suddenly became Miang at the end of XG.

Secondly what is Kadamony ?

Episode VI: The post-Deus restoration of the planet.

What ??? So there is an after-XG episode…why is it not showed during the game then ? And might I ask where you took these informations ?

Biocomputer Kadamony, Zohar Modifier, Razael Tree Data Base, Merkavah and Yaveh. As long as the brain (In this case Kadamony, trough Miang and Ellehaym) remains active, the Merkavah (the transportation) and the Yaveh

I remember Merkavah all too well, and wasn’t Yaveh the name of the capital in the desert in XG ? That Biocomputer doesn’t ring a bell though…And I suppose Razael Tree Data Base was these two super-computers inside the Eldridge huh ? Just before Krelian takes them for himself and beat the hell out of you by sending Grahf invincible gear’ at your team…

Ah, c’mon. If you’ve played Xenogears, people coming back to life by possessing others shouldn’t be anything new. Yuriev probably just implanted his personality into Nigredo as a safeguard or something.

Yes it isn’t suprising at all, I know that. But still why is he doing that and then contacting/talking to that mysterious guy ? Is he evil ? What are his motives ?

The Testament are there to play the mysterious badish guys, basically like Grahf. Blue is Virgil, Black is Voyager, the terrorist responsible for Ziggy’s death, Red is probably Shion’s dead boyfriend and White is very obviously chaos, although some say he’s Albedo.

Testament ? You mean as the bible testaments ? I knew the first was Virgil, but why ? I mean why are they ressurected, and just how ? That guy with the white hair standing in this transparent pyramid ship seem’s to know 'em all quite well.
The black is Voyager, the red could be Shion dead boyfriend, but again why him ? Why would he be evil ?? And I doubth the white being Albedo, he seemed so happy when he finaly died by the hands of junior at the end of Episode II…And chaos ? Just damn why once again ? Although I agree that his past is quite mysterious, and he annihilated that gnosis with his bare touch in the first episode…he seem’s somehow angelic too if you know what I mean.

A final question if you permit it a bit off-topic though : In XG why is Bishop Stone face so ugly and evil all of sudden when you fight him ?

• Yes that is obviously Abel, at least Xenosaga’s Abel.
  • Shion’s boobies suddely grew.
  • So did KOS-MOS’, which means someone at 2nd R&D needs to go out more often.

Don’t have any problems with the size of their breast…And KOS-MOS look definetly more darker and evil, even her suit been changed to black parts…[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]Biological Computer Kadamony, Deus’ brain and coordinator. It created Mother Persona and later separated it into Miang and Ellehaym. System Hawwa and Program Ellehaym were simply two elements in Kadamony’s data that were used to name both sides of Mother Persona.

Miang was an integral part of Kadamony, serving as the manipulator for Deus reconstruction. She wasn’t a “virus”, she was an existence capable of taking the body of any women it desired. Ellehaym was the other half of the system, the “Guide”, but her program was altered when Wave Existence tinkered with her on Abel’s request and gave her emotions.[/SPOILER]

Xenogears: Perfect Works. A booklet filled with art and data to further explain the game (but half of what I’m saying here was explained in the game, you just weren’t paying enough attention). There are several partial translations but to this day nobody managed to do the entire thing. Currently, www.razael.com is translating it, but it’s going at a glacial pace and the project has been picked up and dropped so many times by so many groups that I’m not too excited.

[SPOILER]No, that was Bledavik. Yaveh is another spelling of Jeovah (God).

How should I know? Yuriev doesn’t exactly look like a good guy though.

They are called Testament. Why? I suppose “Power Rangers” would have been copyright infringement. Yes, Wilhelm is clearly their boss, or at the very least associate. Pay attention in Xenosaga I when Cherenkov has a flashback where a guy in a cape gives him KOS-MOS controller: You can see Kevin’s hair sticking out of the cape, besides Shion recognized his voice when on Omega System. I don’t think white is Albedo either, but chaos is the most obvious choice. Virgil calls him boss, his powers look exactly like the Testament’s, he can breathe in space just like the Testaments and then there’s his not-too subtle talk with Wilhelm at the end of XSII.

Xenogears was bloated with comical references to other games, anime series and movies. Stein was an obvious nod towards Marvel’s Red Skull. And it seems you suck at paying attention at the dialogue, he clearly says his body was reconstructed into a machine.

The black/purple girl is T-ELOS, the new android model produced by Vector. Look trough the screenshots again and you can see the real KOS-MOS looking just like before, if a bit more naked.[/SPOILER]

No need to yell at me for such a thing. Probably a problem with the quote tags. Anyway problem fixed.

Just read it.

EDIT : Thanks for the explanations, but I really din’t need that : seems you suck at paying attention at the dialogue, he clearly says his body was reconstructed into a machine.

The white testament is Albedo. Wilhelm makes a reference that it was a shame to relegate Albedo as simply the one who would open the door to 2nd Miltia at the end of XS1 and when the white testament appears, and these guys only appear AFTER they die, it is after Albedo died. Wilhelm then makes reference to what he said at the end of XS1. The question is, how will Albdeo react to that. As for the red guy, yeah that’s Kevin. Shion recognizes his voice and if you look at the voice acting, its the same guy.

[SPOILER]Furthermore, White can’t be chaos, they (chaos and Wilhelm have drastically opposing agendas. I wish I had paid better attention to the ending because I can’t recall if they mentionned Wilhelm’s True Name like they did for chaos.

I’m with Sinistral on that one, it’s Albedo reborn, although I really do look forward on how he will take to being ‘re-damned’ with life.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]If Wilhelm has a secret name, it wasn’t mentioned.

I’m really torn here. On one side, every single thing points towards chaos being a good guy (He’s called Jesus for heaven’s sake) and I did notice the “It’s a shame” on the end. On the other hand, Albedo’s death looked conclusive and there is a large amount of evidence pointing towards chaos. I’ll just have to wait and see, I suppose.[/SPOILER]

I didn’t see any of that evidence. Chaos isn’t supposed to be involved. The evidence I saw goes against Chaos.

[SPOILER]From his talk with Wilhelm, chaos dos not want to get involved, it never says that he isn’t supposed to. And Wilhelm seems a bit pleased by his change of mind. I’m also thinking about all his hesitation, like when the Elsa was going through 2nd Miltia’s atmosphere. This kind of stuff leads me to believe whatever he is going to do is not something he is looking forward to. Then there’s the other facts like Virgil calling him boss, his powers and skills, etc. I can’t say anything about him being dead or not, but I don’t see any reason for which he couldn’t be.

Like I said, both possibilities have valid points, but I’m leaning towards chaos because reviving Albedo seems like shitting over XSII’s ending. If Albedo IS White, then chaos situation could be explained with him being an ex-Testament or something like that.[/SPOILER]

Man…

I need to play XSII.

I have to play it, too. It is collecting dust on my giant pile of PS2 games I bought, checked to make sure they worked and left because I like Gamecube better. ((Don’t hit me. Gamecube brings out the kid in me and it makes me happy. ^^))

So many spoilers… I couldn’t read this entire thread it seemed.

Trailers!