Xbox 360 or PS3

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

Also you’re hardly flailing your arms like a retard. Unless you are, in fact, a retard.

You obviously haven’t seen a kid playing a wii. the words “Ground zero” comes to mind. :mwahaha:

Still, i played with one for awhile… just didn’t like it, not sure if it was the games, the controllers or a mix of both.

In terms of RPG quantity 360 is currently leading the pack for three reasons.

First, during the original Xbox lifetime it became obvious that it wasn’t doing to well in Japan namely due to the fact that games like Halo weren’t catching on and it became obvious that one of the things the original Xbox lacked was JRPGs the current glut of RPGs showing up on the 360 is the byproduct of the decision to make games for the Japanese market.

Second, right now most of the RPG developers are still focused on the previous generation along with the handhelds due to the stability of the platforms.

And finally, because Squeenix is currently being tightasses about releasing their games on the VC.

That’s not to say that the PS3 is going to be without RPGs. They currently have (as far as I am aware of) three games due to their system alone. FF XIII & XIII Verses and White Knight Story.

The difference is, I know that FFXIII will eventually find it’s way out; at the latest, early 2009.

See, I’m not too excited about Blue Dragon. From what I’ve heard it’s just a standard JRPG which clings to it’s conventions without looking back for a second. Dragon Quest VIII did the same thing but I still don’t know what it did to make me so enthralled by it. Either Blue Dragon would be able to pull off the same kind of miracle that DQ8 did for me, or it’ll disappoint me incredibly. ES is so obscure that even I don’t know much about it. Mass Effect…will yeah, I was a little interested in that, I’ll admit.

Honestly, I think the best kind of action to take whenever new hardware comes out is to wait for at least 6 months but, preferably a year, to test whether or not that system is going to have what I want. It takes a load of patience but it worked for the PS2. I don’t know when I’d be able to go to the naval base to get all this stuff tax-free again, so I just had to strike while the lightning was hot I suppose.

What really helped assuaged my worry was the interface and the whole experience I’ve had with the system so far. I’m not going to go so far as to say that it’s worth that price tag, but on an HD TV it’s spectacular. I have an internet browser on the Wii (but I also have a labtop, so I find it’s use to be kind of nill) so the one on the PS3 doesn’t hold much weight for me. It’s the content of the machine and it’s potential which really persuades me; potential that they’ve already used where in some cases the Wii has missed the mark so far.

To build up anticipation for Metroid Prime 3, Nintendo sent me a Prime 3 channel with two or three short gameplay movies. For Heavenly Sword for the PS3 I’ve got Making of Video’s, a playable demo, and…an episode of an anime about the game I guess. I’ve got movie trailers, a 5 minute video for MGS4…Ive got a lot more content with seemingly a lot more pizazz and quality than the Wii’s Shop Channel.

Now the only thing that would make it even better is if the Blu-ray wins the format war and if Square stays exclusive. I’ve never played a 360, or even seen it on as far as I can recall, but it would have tobe a pretty sleek machine to match what the PS3 has shown so far to me.

Mullen, interesting choice; I was wandering what you’ll pick. Did you get the 60GB or the 80GB console? How about backward compatibility - did you encounter any glitches playing PS2 and/or PS1 titles?