WoW 1.10

Weather. Priest respec. New gear.

I was reading the link to 1 up .com from penny arcade and I liiiike the weather idea. I’m not entirely fond of the priest respeccing idea since I really liked my priest, but I guess I’ll see when I see the upgrades. I can see why they could change things around to make the trees a bit more versatile and discipline useful, for example.

Weather seems interesting. I’d kinda like to see how the Priest trees look after 1.10. They’d better not fuck it up like they did with Druids in 1.8.

Er, they buffed every druid tree (less so for balance) O-o

I haven’t even taken a look at the priest one.

The disp tree is awesome for the end game content, major raids and stuff. Holy is really the tree that is lacking. Priests are going to be absurd in 1.10, 2.5 second greater heal alone is enough, and you are getting more.

How the hell did they fuck up the druids in 1.8? The balance and feral trees were beyond gimped. In 1.8 they buffed all 3 trees to make them all viable. The balance tree isn’t uber but it’s a hell of a lot better than what we had before. The feral tree now lets a well geared druid DPS like a rogue or tank like a warrior, bear druids are easily main tanking MC now and they are making a lot of headway in BWL. A cat form druid that knows how to play can get thier openers and finishers to hit harder than most rogues can comprehend. As for a resto druid, the buffs were good, but not as dramatic since resto was our strongest tree before, but is still is our strongest tre now. I know my healing ability is absurd to the point where I can heal all of MC, not letting my tank drop once, and not stop to drink blowing all my innervates on others. I don’t even have all my gear that I want yet either. They in no way fucked up druids in 1.8, as a matter of fact I would say that the druid talent changes have been the best yet. A good druid is borderline overpowered any more.

They better not make my priest suck. Or else.

Heh, the druid ambush (ravage, I think) actually hits harder than rogue ambush now. :stuck_out_tongue: But what makes a rogue a rogue is all the different stuns/interrupts

My best ever ambush was something like 2850, and a pretty well geared feral druid (Nowhere near as good geared as myself) had gotten over 3k on his.

Yeah, rogues are all about the stuns and interupts, pisses me off when I’m healing in BGs. You guys damage like mad too, no matter what your at the top of the DPS charts, so I don’t think any feral druids will be taking your place any time soon.

How “straining” do you think the weather will be on computers?

As has been stated many times in recent posts, a number of improvements are being made to several priest talents and core abilities for the next content patch. Several of these changes are still in the testing process, and in some cases, under discussion - especially those relating to talents. What this means to the players is, the following details pertaining to upcoming change is not comprehensive, and intended primarily to serve as a sneak preview, and in a perfect world, satisfy some of your curiosity.

Too bad this world isn’t perfect…

Greater Heal (and Heal starting from rank2) will receive a reduction to its casting time. Currently the spell is a 4 second cast. However, once patch 1.10 releases, the spell, from start to finish will cast in 3 seconds - (2.5 with talent improvement). This spell, along with the Druid’s Healing Touch and the Shaman’s Healing Wave will all receive an approximate 10% improvement to mana efficiency.

Holy Fire will no longer be a talent required ability. All priests, upon reaching the appropriate level will receive this spell as a core ability. In addition, this spell’s casting time has been reduced from 4 seconds to 3.5. The appropriate talent improvement would bring this spell to a 3 second cast. This spell will also be considered holy damage, meaning, effects which improve holy damage will increase the damage of this spell.

Inner Fire is another core ability we’re reworking. With the prevalence of wand-use amongst casters, we’re not very pleased with the increase of attack power this spell provides and are looking to change Inner Fire so that it is more in line with the original concept behind the ability, i.e. a defensive/soloing spell.

Power Word: Shield is still undergoing testing. Basically, we’re running the numbers of the final spell ranks and will likely make changes to its damage mitigation scaling.

Talents are where we’re making the most significant changes, however, until the changes have been finalized there is little I’m going to be able to reveal. What I will state is that we’re reorganizing and streamlining all three trees, with a particular emphasis on Holy and Discipline. Each tree will have anywhere from 1 to 4 brand new talents available. The focus of Holy will be in providing throughput improvement, such as offering benefits to healing and spell damage. Discipline will focus on staying-power, such as what you see from abilities that improve mana and mana regeneration. Shadow of course, will focus primarily on damage.

Priest class racial improvements are for the most part, complete yet undergoing testing. Until all of them are ready to be unveiled, I’m going to avoid providing specifics. I will try very hard to push out concrete details late next week, if possible.

A number of minor improvements and tweaks continue to be made as well, such as the increase we’re making to Prayer of Fortitude’s range and radius, the overall reduction to Smite’s mana cost, the addition of group buff versions for Divine Spirit and Shadow Protection, and much more. In addition, I can promise that I’ll push for the talents to go live on the talent calculator the moment that they’ve been finalized, which hopefully won’t be long now.

Well, guess I wasted about 10 minutes planning out my Troll Priest. Oh well.

Since the topic has been up, whats everyone been doing assuming your still playing.

Waiting for AQ to open. Screwing around on alts

If they don’t fix mages I’m selling my account. Right now mages are gimped as hell.

Shut up and make me some water

Mages are one of the easiest classes to dominate with right now… Trinket trinket fire and forget

Haven’t really been doing much in WoW…BWL, waiting for AQ to open, lvling up a Warlock which is loads of fun.

How are mages gimp? They’re really useful in instances and are very good in PvP.

I’ve just been doing PvP mainly, leveling up my Warrior.

They aren’t, people just don’t think they are cause they progress differently after 60.

Mages ain’t underpowered, they’re simply unbalanced. The game was obviously toward group PvE, and our role of crowd control excels there. However, we have next to no reliable defensive spells. Frost Nova is too close to be really useful, blink is too unreliable, and the shields will barely absorb anything. Polymorph used to be godly, but now its dispelled/nerfed to a near useless-ness in PvP.
The problem comes in the lack of balance between offensive spells and defensive spells. I dont really care if I’m wearing clothes, I’m only wishing for spells more efficients at keeping people at bay. Something akin to firewall, or an elemental.

Monsters runs too fast, and players have too many ways to counter us. My main frustration are warriors able to close the gap too fast, and shamans having too many counterspells.

I love my current Elemental build, but nevertless, I can say the review will be greatly appreciated.

Frost Nova not useful? What? You don’t have to be terribly close to hit stuff, and it’s damn useful. Polymorph should be dispellable- there’s no reason people should be polymorphed for 30 seconds in PvP. Blink is actually quite useful, especially if you couple it with Frost Armor. Once someone hits you, they’re slowed, and you can blink to get far away.

Warriors have to be able to close the gap fast, or we’ll just get crowd controlled to death. Charge and Intercept are what gives warriors a chance against not only mages and hunters but rogues using sprint and druids in cat/travel form. Besides that, mages end up one shotting tons of people end game- now that’s unbalanced.

Mages don’t need any more spells to keep people at bay- they have more than anyone else at the moment. Priests need spells to keep people at bay, as their only real defense is Psychic Scream which fears 2 people, 3 if you’ve put talent points into it. Power Word Shield doesn’t last very long at any point, but it buys others time- not priests though.