Would headbanging be considered dancing?

Would headbanging be considered dancing? Until you put your neck outta joint, why not? heheheh :wink:

Its a kind of dance, like a fashion.

We all wear clothes, some different people like different clothes, right?

Yeah, it could be called ā€œHead Dancingā€. There ya go. Tapping your finger is ā€œFinger Dancingā€. And so on and so forth.

I define dancing as something that will injure yourself and/or others, examples: In a slow dance, it is possible to step on the other personā€™s feet, thus injuring the other person. Other types of dancing, well, letā€™s just say that I broke my arm while dancing, and leave it at that.

So headbanging is not dancing, unless your hair is long, in a ponytail, and hits people like a whip.

Kaiser: not everyone can headbang. It takes a very resistant brain to do so without harming oneself.

Edit: and most people canā€™t do it very fast and repeatidely, or for long continuous period. I feel lucky that I can.

Yeh, 2 B. and C. are COMPLETELY different meanings of dancing :stuck_out_tongue:
Dancing doesnā€™t require music, either :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Steve
Dancing doesnā€™t require music, either :stuck_out_tongue:

Now THATā€™s weird.

Itā€™s possible, itā€™s just weird :stuck_out_tongue:

imagines Steve dancing without any music

:slight_smile: :o :eek:

Sorry couldnt resist:kissy:

I like this debate! Itā€™s strange, but heck, no flaming or controversy, how nice! That saidā€¦ Now you all now why Sin has a tendency to scare people. :eek:

Originally posted by Rountree
Please do not confuse Steve with me.

commits seppuku :thud:

I think it is, its just a different genre of dancing.:cool:

Last night at the Honor Band dance, I headbanged to most of the songs, in Steveā€™s name. :P:p

i would start headbanging at my next school band concert, but iā€™m in it, so that would look rather strange.

wouldnā€™t it?

Dancing:

1. Something I cannot do.
  2. Something I will not do, because if I did Iā€™d have a fool of myself.

ā€“Nulaniā€™s Dictionary

I guess itā€™s dancing, a rather lame form of dancing, but then again my general opinion is that all dancing is lame.

Originally posted by Nulani
[b]Dancing:

1. Something I cannot do.
  2. Something I will not do, because if I did Iā€™d have a fool of myself.

ā€“Nulaniā€™s Dictionary

I guess itā€™s dancing, a rather lame form of dancing, but then again my general opinion is that all dancing is lame. [/b]

Funny, thatā€™s pretty much my definition, too.

I try not to write off all dancing as lame just because I myself canā€™t do it, though.

How logical.
Consider this:

1. Life is suffering.
  2. Death is end of life.
    Therefore, Death is the end of suffering; Wait, this is invalid.
    Nobody said suffering is equal life right?
    Therefore it would be that your conclusion is invalid.

Dancing to me is moving about, twisting, turning, speaking with oneā€™s body movments. i do headbang occasiualy, (especialy during a teacherā€™s lecture, people get distracted and watch me. Iā€™m thinking of a song and just go out of the world.) but not too roughly. p:unch:: I donā€™t dance to music.

Watching them damn dancers for this new Pop music or whatever the heck its called is crappy. Itā€™s just like their exposeing their body parts and its not really dancing, more like stripping. Anyone find it rather disgusting?

:fungah:

edit: please excuse my languae

I donā€™t think anyone here was talking about pop. But yeah, how do you think Spears got so popular a while ago? Because of her singing ā€œtalentā€? :stuck_out_tongue:

I know but, we were on the topic of dancing and I just happen to think about pop.

Are you sure it was her signing ā€œtalentā€ that got her job? Or her ā€œbodyā€ talent? :stuck_out_tongue: