World's hardest board game just got harder

Give me Puerto Rico over any other game anyday. Puerto Rico is the bomb. Not to mention Age of Mythology, and Top Secret Spies, and Careers, and…have i ever menmtioned i used to spend my friday nights at a store with a wall full of games?

Blinks huh? There’s a board game named after my homeland? Wha? Is that even legal?? 0_0

Well its a best selling game, and i don’t see why its not legal. its really good game, you should try if you ever get the chance

and, in a wonderfully ironic twist, so is CH. Honestly. :slight_smile:

Can you give us some info on it please?

Scrabble is hard, but Risk brings out the beast in you.

I was playing risk with some friends, and well, i got mad, flipped over the board and tackled the guy who was attacking me.

Now that i think about it, that was pretty immature, but we all had a good laugh

Sure, but i should clarify, I’m pretty sure its a best selling game, that or it won some kind of game of the year award or something i think. Anyway, it’s somewhat complicated to sum up without being able to show you. It pouts you in the role of a rich person who is settling their land in the new world, and building busenesses in the old world. Through several phases you can harvest crops from feilds, get feilds added to your land, add people to work feilds and buiildings, build buildings, sell goods for money, send goods in for victory points, etc. the winner is the person with the most victory points. now that was an extremely short generalisation, but the best i can do without showing you all the game personally. go to your local store that sells games (you have one right?) and ask them, they should know.

I’ve played it. It’s a pretty simple game once you play it. Some good strategy in it.

my strategy. indigo and anything else that follows. i’m not wasting my time going for corn or buildings, just what i need, then i plow through with the indigo. and warfes (sp) are good to have.

I’m gonna have to agree with BMO. Risk always used to kick the crap outta me, especially because it was so damn long and we never really finished b/c either people were too good or too bored to continue playing. I’d usually end up losing mid-way, but I’ve won a few. Risk is definitely more strategic than Scrabble.

I kinda skimmed over this, but has anyone mentioned Diplomacy? That game is great. Plus, it involves fucking your friends over by being a lying cheating backstabbing son of a bitch… Cool huh?

I remember hearing about that game…it is cool.

I’ve always wanted to play diplomacy. It sounds awesome.

Diplomacy is all about how well you can manipulate your friends into getting what you want. It’s FUCKING FUN… But it’s certainly not for people who are bad liars.

Why do you all feel the frequent urge to use the F word?

I fully agree with what kiro just said. it is unessisary language that really has no use in converrsation. I always consider people who use it excessively to have a very poor vocabulary, since they can’t think of better ways to describe themselves.

I wonder if my country is getting any revenues from having a game named after us? :thinking:

Heh. I always went for the buildings first. Indigo and corn are usually my biggest producers. And there’s another similar game where you build ships and go exploring, and you export stuff for dubloons (think it’s dubloons). Anyone know it?

Meh, not really, possibly traders of Catan maybe. But the company that makes Puerto Rico, Rio Grande Games, alsso makes tons of other great games. they’re all quite unique and fun. and I terribly miss the old gaming store that i used to go to that had boardgame friday nights.

That… that flash movie was beautiful.