Windows XP/ CPU problem

Whenever I restart or turn my computer on, it tells me I have to boot from a cd. How do I get it to just boot up from the hard drive?

You probably changed the primary boot drive in your BIOS.

Restart the computer, press delete when it prompts too and go to where it gives you information on your boot discs. I’m not sure what it’ll be called because I’ve seen different names for it.

It should say primary master drive, secondary master drive etc. Change the primary master to the hard drive and then exit and save changes, that should fix it.

Yeah, it’s not exactly clear directions, but I’m finding it hard to think right now.

Put in your startup disk, restart it, and choose to start out without cd-rom support. Then you can funk around from there.

On your harddrive there are Jumpers. You need to set that to primary - It says on the Harddrive how to do that.

Note: Not the box. You have to open your box and take out the harddrive.

Well, what Urk said worked so…thanks Urkani. Everyone else sucks. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Shinobi
Put in your startup disk, restart it, and choose to start out without cd-rom support. Then you can funk around from there.

One Problem with this…

If you completly disable cd booting, and you have critical error( hard drive completly wipes) you cant load ure computer.

I would put the computer to load with Hard drive first Cd second

like someone else also said
make ure hard drive the primary and the cd secondary

also
out on ure A ( 3.5disk) drive on the boot up list as well, for the same reason as the above critical error reason.

Message me if you have any problems with this

i have had to do this type of thing before and can help greatly.