Winamp 5 Beta

http://www.public.asu.edu/~abarber2/wa5.html

Apparently fixes a number of the winamp 3 bugs and incoporates the goodness of winamp 2.9 all in one. So far, I haven’t hit any snags.

I still can’t play games and listen to winamp 5/3.

I still don’t have a reason to get anything higher then 2.9.

Hey, at least this v lets me right-click on a folder and select "Play in WinAmp (we had to un/reinstall WinAmp 'cause of problems with it and when we reinstalled, it wouldn’t let me do that)).

Originally posted by Steve
I still can’t play games and listen to winamp 5/3.

Thats not winamp - that’s your soundcard. It doesn’t have full duplex.

Still, someone should give me a few reasons why one would stop using 2.9 for 3/5.

Um, where’s 4?

Originally posted by Sorcerer

Um… then why can I listen to winamp 2.* and play games?
And I can’t update my soundcard, either. Stupidass Gateway integrated chipsets mumble grumble

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
Um, where’s 4?

Ah, see, that’s where the people who make winamp are being clever : Winamp 2+ winamp 3 = Winamp 5.

As for the soundcard thing, then I have no idea.

Sounds nice…

IF I HAD MY FUCKING INTERNET IN MY DORM!!! GRAH!

iTunes is way better than winamp.

Originally posted by Silhouette
iTunes is way better than Winamp.

It’s true.
Porting iTunes was brilliant. Now I just hope they’ll open a store I can use soon.

Originally posted by Sorcerer

It depends on what sort of problem Steve’s having. If it’s a sound conflict, I’ll defer to you Sorc, since it sounds like you know a lot about that stuff. But it could potentially be some other kind of resource conflict. Maybe even something as simple as the two programs fighting over too little memory.

I’m sure that could also be the case - considering that Winamp 3 is notorous for being a resource hog. However as he described the problem, that was my immediate thought, seeing as how I had that problem years ago when trying to get a microphone to work with Half-Life.

Originally posted by Silhouette
iTunes is way better than winamp.

Absolutely. I don’t understand why anyone should care about Winamp (new versions). If you have one version, then that’s enough. There’s no need to download a beta version of a new version. The music will not sound better just because you have a new version, you know.

Thank you for reading,
Seldane