Will Halo PC be worth it?

Just thought i’d start a conversation on the upcoming release of the PC version Halo. The release date is september 2nd. I’m actually quite optimistic and can’t wait to finally play halo the way it was meant to be: Mouse and Keyboard ^^;

The answer is no. It would’ve been a great game if it came out 3 years ago like planned, but now Doom 3, Half Life 2, Deus Ex: The Invisible War, and some other great games coming out this year are going to put Halo to shame.

No. Halo was beautiful for a console FPS with nice features like slowing down enemies when you aim at them to compensate for the less accurate stick aiming and the attention to detail (when you shoot enemies with a rocket, their corpse is launched in a parabolic arc and not just gibbed. And it stays there), but there are so many FPS games on PC that dwarf it.

I dont think the quality of other games lowers the quality of the competition. If ported correctly, then I think the game could be good. However, I get the feeling that everybody who has wanted to play Halo would have already done so, seeing as how it’s been out for almost two years.

I agree, that there are some games coming out that will most likely bury Halo. Just another blunder for Microsoft. What they did was they let it ride out on the Xbox, and then seem to be trying to build it up again so they can ride it out on the PC, which won’t happen. I dont understand why they didnt release this game on the PC a year ago, when the competition was dry.

X-box fanboys will eat it up, everyone else will say meh.

Eh, I’m not an X-Box fanboy, but I’m looking forward to it.

Originally posted by Green Mage
The answer is no. It would’ve been a great game if it came out 3 years ago like planned, but now Doom 3, Half Life 2, Deus Ex: The Invisible War, and some other great games coming out this year are going to put Halo to shame.

GM hit the nail on the head here. The competition and the fact that Halo is already old news are going to make the PC version of Halo a must buy only for those PCers who really, really want a piece of what they’ve heard about.

I won’t buy it. I’m already saving myself for Deus Ex: The Invisible War. Besides, I never thought Halo was all that great. A good game, but not as much as people hyped it up to be.

I’m not buying any of those games… I’m getting the isos like I always do. God bless IRC and xdcc bots ^^

I wouldn’t buy Halo for PC, It’s not worth it to me.

I might get Halo PC since I never got around to buying Xbox Halo (I rented it and beat it so I didn’t bother buying it) but I’m looking forward to Deus Ex2, Half-Life 2 and Halo 2 more.

Ditto. Now it just looks old. Breed and Planetside are gonna take over the multiplayer when they come out anyway, so it’s not gonna make much of an impact there either I feel.