Wild Arms Code F

I was about to, but then I remembered all the horrible things Zero promised to do to me if I ever said those words again, so… steps aside as the other staffmembers attacks MM984

:smiley:

You know, i’m playing WA3 now, and if not for that contest, that line would be perfectly innocent.

The guy says it after one of the heroes asks if there’s rare artifacts in that train car. And there is.

I just realized something. Jack’s name is supposed to be “Vambrace/Vam Brace”. If you recall, in Wild Arms Jack’s lady friend was the “sword” of the Fenrir knights, and Jack’s role was to “protect the sword” - that’s a glove known as a vambrace. “Van Burace” was the incorrect translation.

Hey is WA3 a good game i am thinking about buying it? Cause if it is then i will probaly buy the one this thread is about.

Cid, I thought I was the only one who noticed that! There are a few more mistranslations in that game.

My Grand Hat: Migrant Hat
Javawalk: Jabberwock
Ray Line: Leyline

There’s more, but those are the best examples. Ahh, engrish at it’s best.

And Ramza, it’s hard to say. WA is a very different RPG series. If you’re prepared for something that’s new and refreshing, I think you should play it. 8)

“Zahn is leading troops it will not be excepted! Zahn’s eyes glared.”

Sorry, 1000 Swords quote. I love that game’s translation.

I’ll probably get 'em pre-owned. Do I have to play them all in order or something? Or is it like FF and I can just get 3 and plug away?

Some story enthusiasts (like me) think there’s an order to the madness, but generally the series isn’t really related. You can tackle them in any order you wish, and if you need any help in them, let me know ASAP. 8)

If you DO get all 3, (and you should), I WOULD suggest playing them in order, if only so you can get used to how stuff works.

I do however firmly believe that many of the characters are related between the games, take Rudy -> Ashley -> Janus for example. Can’t miss :slight_smile:

The only real links I saw in the games is the desert expanding, and Maribel in WA3’s books you read to Clive’s daughter. Oh yeah, and the demons are a recurring theme.

What amazed me in WA3, after I had spluttered for a while, was why the hell Ziegfried would want to come back to life after all they did to him in the first game ^^;; I mean, he got sliced, diced, eaten alive, made a part of Mother, torn in two pieces and blown up in a magic space!