Wii

There’s been rumors that Nintendo is going to allow direct loading off of an SD card in the future (ie: store your VC and WiiWare games on a card and you can play em without having to copy them back to the HD).

It’s a band-aid solution, and doesn’t address everything. It probably won’t help open up more games with DLC, since it doesn’t make the Wii’s own HD any larger and Nintendo is stubbornly refusing to create an external HD.

It’ll help VC-aholics though. Like me.

Nintendo has also squashed those rumors. Nintendo are renowned control freaks. As soon as this falls through, piracy rates will go through the roof and they know it.

Nintendo needs to keep “innovative thinking” to the games and not use it to make stupid hardware decisions.
“Everyone else has a hard drive. Let’s be different and not have one!”

Nintendo needs to have that innovative thinking when making wii games so that I can enjoy my damn machine more often :(.

I haven’t exactly played a lot of Wii games, but isn’t it Nintendo that’s doing well with the Wii innovations, and every other company that’s putting out tons of crap for it?

Yeah pretty much. There’s a few good third party games but really not many.

Ok so I got Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii Play (which sucks) and SSB:Brawl (which is pretty cool). It’s a pretty nifty machine, I’m really disappointed in Wii Play though, I thought it’d be really cool what with the extra controller and all.

I’m really confused by this whole hard drive thing. I intend to get some Wii Ware classics so how much space does this thing have? Any? I mean, if you can download stuff out of the box it should have somewhere to put it, right?

You have internal memory in your Wii and that’s where all your downloads go. You do not save your VC games and wiiware to any SD card. The internal Wii memory is very limited.

512 MB, isnt it?

Yeah, Wii Play is pathetic. Billiards is fun tho.

512mb.

It’s roughly around 2100 blocks assuming nothing’s on it (however you convert to internal memory…). But I don’t know how much games take up on the Flash memory.

I have WiiPlay, but it’s honestly not much. My sis likes the fishing game. Billiards is ok.
Got Brawl for Christmas, and it’s pretty cool. Gotta get to unlocking everything now.

World of Goo is very fun and has a great soundtrack.

I personally couldn’t get into No More Heroes, but a lot of people like it.

Otherwise I agree with what everybody else already said.

I gotta tell ya, I’ve been having a lot of fun with this thing. I have had a few hardware snafu’s though. I have a gamestop multi-system component cable that, before having replaced, showed the wii in black and white. Now I’m having sound troubles - brand spanking new cable and the sound is damn near muted. At full blast I’d have to say it’s about a 1/3 as loud as it was with the AV cables that came with it. I’ve split the cable usage between my Xbox and the Wii (I cant imagine that matters, but I’ll mention it). Has anyone encountered this problem? The manual says that third party cables wont work, and so far it seems correct. I’m really just trying to play in HD… any solutions?

Besides that, its more fun than I thought. Twilight Princess is a little slow, and I dont get why you’re a wolf so early (gaaaaaaaay), and SSBB is actually challenging (at least unlocking people is). I cant wait for metroid prime 3.

TP stays slow and the wolf part is gay and essential.

I don’t use multi system cables. You should just use a cable for each machines since its already known that your cables have problems. If you want the slightly better graphics you’re going to have to cough up for the better cables.

Thats not true… my Xbox doesn’t have an HDMI port, the Wii doesn’t either - the cable is fine, this one is just defective. I’m fairly certain since the black-and-white one had perfect sound while this one has perfect picture and shitty sound. And I’ve never had a problem with my Xbox 360 (the cord that is) and it broadcasts in 1080i. HDMI would give me a slightly better picture, but without the ports then it doesnt make a difference. To top it all off the arrangement with the television pretty much demands this cable - theres only one component port and two systems (plus the cable box, which will be using an HDMI cable soon).

I never mentioned anything about HDMI cords, I don’t think the Wii has any kind of cable that allows for that anyway. I wasn’t aware there was a cable for xbox and wii that could be used to connect both machines. I would just use the cable that came with the xbox (I assume yours came with a component cable) and buy a separate one for the wii and swap your stuff around when you wanna play. Inconvenient, but its better than your current situation.

I’m pretty certain you can’t really display Wii games in HD. Doesn’t allow for it and it wouldn’t show up good. (Especially on very large televisions. Looks really bad.) As for your multi-system cable, I have no idea what the problem is there.

The wii can go up to 480p and it does look better with component cables if you have a good tv.

Maybe that’s what I was thinking of. I remember reading somewhere that it couldn’t do above 480p. As for the tv, I guess that depends. My example came from a widescreen projection screen which made the graphics look kinda bad in comparison to a normal tv.

I dunno. I try not to get into the whole cables and HD stuff.

The problem was having both the Wii and the Xbox hooked up at once. The Wii can’t handle it I suppose.

I mentioned HDMI because the conversation is really about convenience. And no, my Xbox did not come with component cables.