Wii and 360 are dead to me.

I don’t know about the 360 (I ignore everything about microsoft) but I know its being released on the PS3.

side note:

'At E3 ‘06 Square made note that the Final Fantasy VII series was described by them as a “50 billion Yen project” and that the new Fabula Nova Crystallis series would be a “100 billion Yen project”’

Yes.

360 + PC.

So fuck consoles, I’m getting it for PC if at all.

<!-- -->

You really contridict yourself.

“Flat chested” means you can barely see her tits.

Shit! I was defeated!

FORUMS FUCKING LANDMARK
CLOSE THIS THREAD AND STICKY IT. EDIT ALL OTHER POSTS OR JUST DELETE THEM

Oh the level of wit just keeps on rising. I can’t compete with this new world.

Why you gotta be bustin’ my balls.

No, hades, you really got me worked up there for a second. She sounded like something else.

So fuck consoles, I’m getting it for PC if at all.

Join the club.

The Wii doesn’t have anything I want, the 360 is full of FPS (and I really don’t like FPS), and the PS3 has MGS4, FFXIII, and DMC4 at the moment. I’m waiting for it, unless for some obscure reason Konami, Capcom and Square port those titles to the 360.

Before this thread is deservedly locked and banished to the ninth circle of hell, I’ll just throw in my worthless opinion.

The PS3 is simply an expensive test for Blu-Ray. That’s it. Even discounting the price, I’m not really interested in any of the games currently for the system, and the only future game I’m looking at is FFXIII (which is not enough reason to buy a $500-600 system, no matter how great the graphics are). And as fickle as it is, I’m pissed at Sony after the quality of the PS2, the amount of time it took them to fix a problem that THEY were responsible for, and the general assholery of the tech support guy. In other words, this is one system I’m not going to kill someone over.

The Nintendo Wii looks promising (with the smaller price and all), but I have my doubts about the motion sensor. Namely, there’ll be a horde of poorly-constructed excuses for games, like 85% of the DS’s first year titles, all depending on cutting out squares on cardboard or recreating The Last Supper in less than five seconds, or, worst of all, Warioware. So far the only interesting title is Twilight Princess, since Metroid FUCKING SUCKS YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS I FUCKING- (Sorry, I’ve just had to endure more “Metroid is on Wii” comments than I can stand.)

The 360 is not much cheaper than the PS3 (and with the latter, you get a bigger premium bundle). It also has a much smaller hard drive (again, the premium PS3 bundle), and uses regular DVD instead of Blu-Ray or even HD. It’s main advantage is that it got a running start; while this may not seem like much, being out longer allows for developers to understand how the system works and bring out more of its advantages (Dead Rising, Gears of War, etc.)

So there. I don’t jack off at the sight of Nintendo’s remote, and I don’t want to touch most of the PS3s offerings with a twenty-foot pool.

The PS3 is simply an expensive test for Blu-Ray. That’s it.
And by expensive you mean cheap, since a typical Blu-Ray player costs about 60-80% more than the PS3 ($1000-$1200 Canadian).

The structure of the system suggests that you’re wrong, too. Think about it.

You’re Sony. Your itinerary: Build a Blu-Ray player to test out and promote the Blu-Ray media and eventually dominate the industry.

So you design a machine. This machine has full HD 1080p resolution, higher than the vast majority of TVs can even come close to handling. Its cell processor is many times more powerful than the 360’s and it comes with no less than 20gb of space, blowing the 360 away even at its weakest. It’s practically a generation of its own in terms of tech specs.

You just built by far the most powerful gaming console the world has ever known. To <i>test Blu-Ray</i>.

I’m not saying you’re completely wrong, but you haven’t given much though to your conclusions. The PS3 is what it is for a reason. Sony didn’t build a superior console with the intent that people will ignore it. Blu-Ray is the icing, not the cake.

And no. The Wii is not promising. It’s Nintendo’s last gasp for life in an industry it lost touch with years ago. It’s a discount console. Sad, but undeniable.

With the success of the DS, Nintedo is very far from its last gasp. Their profits and stocks are at record heights. They know what they’re doing and they are very well in touch with the reality they face.

Actually, very easily deniable. It’s not a grasp at an industry, it is a grasp at a different market. PS3 and 360 are fighting for the young adult to adult consumers, people with some degree of disposable income who like games. The average gamer age is in the thirties,

The Wii’s target audience is not the same people. It’s a gamble, it could pay off big. So far it seems like it’ll do damn well as they profit from every console sale (Sony and Microsoft lose on every sale) and even their own not-target audience is thinking of picking one up. The Holidays will be the first test, the second will be 3rd party support and development.

We’ll know how this generation shapes up in about Juneish, Q2 2007. For now it’s all speculation, lineups and release dates are barely even visible.

I’m interested to see if Square will develop hardware as they hinted, though. That could be interesting.

The handheld industry is not the console industry.

You fail to even address the argument and take a single comment out of context. GG.

With the advancement of wireless technology, they’re practically walking hand in hand now with the PSP having connectivity with the PS3 and the Wii - DS relationships. Furthermore, confidence in a brand leads to accepting more risky gambles from them. People gained (or regained) faith of Nintendo via the DS even when some gambles proved horrible failures (Virtual Boy, anyone?) so they are far more receptive to the Wii then they would be if this console was released after the VB.

Everything is connected, you just need to look a little.

That normally might be a good argument if it wasn’t disproven with the PS2 and XBox. The PS2 came out way before the XBox and had inferior technology, but it still did a whole lot better than the XBox. Also, the XBox 360 is getting a HD-DVD part. Also, a hundred dollars minimum is a significant price difference (especially since the systems are only hundreds of dollars). If the systems were thousands of dollars, then yeah a hundred would be nothing. Hell, if $100 is not a significant difference in price, then the Wii is in a lot of trouble since it is only $50 less than the Core 360 and doesn’t have any hard drive. So with this sort of reasoning, the Wii is the least cost effective. Hades is right about the PS3 being a cheap Blu-ray player though. It coudl conceivably make Blu-ray the next media format since there is no real advantage of HD-DVD over Blu-ray or vice-versa. However, it isn’t as cheap as Hades makes it out to be. With his numbers, Blu-ray players are only 40 to 50 percent more. However, I also see plenty of Blu-ray players for $900.

I never fully understood the use of the hard drive. It’s a console, not a PC. Then again, the Ps3 does look like a PC from some angles given all the stuff it’s supposed to do, but then if they’re trying to emulate that then they’ve lost before they even started.

The Wii has 512 megs of flash memory to save data and an expansion bay for more. I dunno how big the Virtual Console files are gonna be, how fast it fills, but other than for that and save games, and in the 360’s case the demos and X-box arcade stuff…I don’t really see much of a point for a HD.