... why me? (FF9 spoilers)

I’m gonna try to pull through this. My only problem is I can’t find my way back to the previous room I was in. I can’t find the entrance. :thud:

You’re worse than my father, what room are you in?

I know. I think I was just so depressed when I went through this part that I went into random doors. I saved, quit, and forgot what I did. I’m in the room with Stiltzkin and the other moogle.

I believe you just go to the lower left, then south.

Hit the select button to turn on the help cursors. It marks room exits I believe.

Thanks. I’ll try that when I get the chance.

And I didn’t know that it marked the exits in FF9, too. I only knew about 7.

I think it only points to you in FF9, it doesn’t mark exits.

You’re right, it doesn’t. And BTW, that entrance was so NOT obvious.

Well, I restocked my items, and I’m going to train off of those stone guys that do that Mirror move, as they give awesome experience. I’ll go to around level 40 or 45. Things are looking much less bleak now. I’ll do this all tomorrow.

I’m also going to try to play less, as I think that part of the reason I was underleveled (other than the fact that the game at of nowhere took a HUGE jump in difficulty), was because I was tired, and just advanced things really quickly.

Thanks for all of your help people! I’ll let you know how it goes! :wave:

EDIT: Also, lately, sometimes when I try to have Dagger do something, she can’t because she’s having trouble concetrating. Is it a problem with equipment, or is it some type of interactive story feature? If it’s the latter, please don’t spoil anything.

good luck! hope you make it!

Originally posted by Jenova’s Witness
EDIT: Also, lately, sometimes when I try to have Dagger do something, she can’t because she’s having trouble concetrating. Is it a problem with equipment, or is it some type of interactive story feature? If it’s the latter, please don’t spoil anything.

It’s nothing that’s too much of a surprise it’s just becauseShe lost her kingdom, and feels that it is all her fault. They covered this already, I thought.

Yeah Val, they did cover it!

And also it is pretty obivous if you think about! 'Cause you try to concentrating after all that sort of stuff has happened to you, and Jenova don’t worry, it ain’t permanent!

Yeah, she’ll snap out ofit in about an hour of game time, I think.

I figured that it was because of that. Oh well. I probably would’ve brought her anyway because of her Chemist ability. I just wish I had brought Steiner instead of Vivi…

…Epitaphs! The stone monsters that clone you are called Epitaphs, I belive. Like said before, it’s THEM youwant to run into if you want to level up.

I think I remember where you are now. Be prepared for a nice hefty boss fight.

yeah, you’ll be fighting the Ark, I believe. It’s been way too long since I played that game, so I can’t give you any helpful hints. Sowwy.

Originally posted by GG Crono 4
…Epitaphs! The stone monsters that clone you are called Epitaphs, I belive. Like said before, it’s THEM youwant to run into if you want to level up.

Yep, that’s who I’ve been fighting. The only problem is they always seem to want to Mirror Zidane…

I had that problem too.
At least you get enough money to buy more Phoenix Downs…

Oh, I reset when it mirrors Zidane.

Interesting note: you can actually tell who the Epitaph is going to mirror by the camera angle. Whenever it looks from the side, it mirrors Zidane. Whenever it mirrors from the back, it mirrors Quina. That’s how it happens for me anyways. Except once it mirrored Freya, but that was only once.

Why do you reset when it mirrors Zidane?:moogle: Can’t you just kill it then revive Zidane, or something?:moogle:

And here is some advice for fighting Ark, equip any piece of armour that protects against the wind element, and if you have it learnt have your characters equip the ‘Clear Headed’ skill. Doing those two things should help you loads during the fight!!