Why I continue to hate Sony

http://www.guardian.co.uk/japan/story/0,7369,1512590,00.html

This is such bullshit. People who imported their PSPs because the game market assfucks Europeans are being punished for it.

The question is: What right does Sony have over PSPs once they’ve been payed for!

Those bitches. They don’t like imports they can pull their fucking fingers out and release it in the UK quicker. X-( Really glad I didn’t fork out for an import one now, although if Sony did track me down and demanded it back, I’d simply dismantle the bastard and post it back to them piece by piece. :-p (± a few bits and bobs, naturally)

I hate crap like this. Nintendo has never made a big deal about people importing GameBoys before various nationalities releases (I still have an import GBA SP). This is freaking ridiculous. Sony is just looking more and more like the bad guy in the game industry.

I’d have to agree with Xelo here: Once I pay for something, it’s mine and I can do whatever I want with it just as long as it doesn’t break any laws. So unless you are using your PSP as a tool for cracking people’s heads open in your mass murders, I don’t see how they can legally force you to give it back.

Sony: OMG THEY LOVE US SO MUCH THEY BUY OR STUF 4 MORE THAM WE SEL IT 4 LETS MAKE THEM GIVE IT BACK UNTIL WE WANT TO GIVE IT TO THEM

Yea, Sony hates europe in general, i wouldn’t be suprised if you guys just stopped getting their devices at all.

The thing is, I understand the fact Sony wants the PSP’s back. Not once in the article did they tell me WHY they wanted it back? I mean, they wouldn’t just order them back just to be mean or anything…right?

They want to get sales for their EU offices, not for their JP or US offices.

And Importers sell japanese 1.00 firmware PSPs, which can run Homebrew/Emulators out of the box. :wink:

You can do it wit 1.5 now thankfully :smiley:
edit: With two mem sticks of course. But its all good :slight_smile:

EVERYONE hates Europe.

Actually, KxPloit was released yesterday, now you only need one!

Basically, do what you were doing before, just name one directory [whatever]%

Check any psp hack site for real instruction though :stuck_out_tongue:

… Every time I look, some game company is trying to pull at least one more piece of crap, whether deliberately (like this) or accidentally (like Steam). Well … seemingly accidentally, anyway.

Hot damn. Thanks for the update :stuck_out_tongue:

Look at DVDs, they have region codes on them, and most DVD players only play DVDs with certain region codes. The corporations just want artificial trade barriers. It really doesn’t make a lot of sense. I guess they want to make all the profits from importing instead of letting other people do the work. It’s out of control capitalism, people fighting for work to the point where they seek ways to put their competitors at a disadvantage.

KxPloit is hawtt, I got mine up and running yesterday morning and am lovin it.

Yea, this blows homebrew for the PSP WIDE open. I’m actually using my PSP now :stuck_out_tongue:

blah blah blah PSP hacking blah blah blah