Why do I have the feeling that...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/east/02/11/nkorea.rights/index.html

we’re slowly moving towards a war with north korea with these kinds of things being publicized, and how nicely timed these announcements are. It really makes me think that bin Laden WILL be caught sometime next October.

It’s funny, there’s a link at the bottom of the page for another news story that says “Bush: WMD are the greatest threat to humanity.” So far I think the Bush Administration is the greatest threat to humanity.

Originally posted by X_countryguy
It’s funny, there’s a link at the bottom of the page for another news story that says “Bush: WMD are the greatest threat to humanity.” So far I think the Bush Administration is the greatest threat to humanity.
Yeah, he’s fucking cursing us by killing the most dangerous men in the world. What an ass.

I personally think Bush has this whole agenda of his own which doesn’t actually involve making the world a better place, I’m all for his capture of Saddam, etc, but if he starts doing the Iraq-type speil on North Korea he’s not going to get away with it as easily this time. Not against a government that would happily reduce the west to embers.

Originally posted by Tomiko
Yeah, he’s fucking cursing us by killing the most dangerous men in the world. What an ass.

Yeah, Saddam was so dangerous with his inability to make nuclear weapons. Why, he could have nuked us all! Oh, wait, he didn’t have any weapons. Or any means to make any. Or any means to make them travel long distances. Oops. Despite popular belief, Saddam was very smart- he knew if he tried anything, he’d have not only the US but the rest of the world coming down on him in full force. He wasn’t going to do jackshit. We ended up going after him because he didn’t give into our pathetic extortion attempts after we defied the UN.

That’s probably why we didn’t go up against North Korea in the first place.

Personally, it is a balance of power issue.

I think we should take out N.Korea, the problem is, if we do they have no constraints in their small little brains and icey little hearts about nuking the crap out of things.

At which point, we should nuke back!

Down with the evil communist regimes!

(I also think we should boycot China, but good luck doing that before we get our own arses in gear about how to build decent electronics).

I seriously hope your post was a joke.

Saddam couldn’t get any WMDs because he was too poor. The sanctions against Iraq all those years were working. Iraqi scientists working on WMD programs have said as much.

Its doubtful whether North Korea has any nukes or not. But they do have enough artillery lined up at the DMZ to kill like 500,000 South Koreans. A Korean War would not be pretty.

Originally posted by Curtis
But they do have enough artillery lined up at the DMZ to kill like 500,000 South Koreans. A Korean War would not be pretty.

Yeah, 500,000 civilians pretty easily, probably more. Something like this definitely needs to be thought through more than it probably will be.

Uh…why China?

The truely sad thing is that N. Korea was a threatless country before Bush started his ingenious “War on Terror.” Bush’s stance forced N. Korea into a position where they needed to use nuclear weapons as a diplomatic power chip to keep the US from invading their country and fucking things up like we have in the past. Our war has given N. Korea something to rally behind and has made a pretty messy picture out of the landscape of Korea.

Originally posted by The Wizardmaster
Uh…why China?

Because I had some Kung Pao chicken for dinner last night, and it was God-Awful. Gave me indigestion, maybe even food poisoning the way I was puking all over the place.

They can’t do this to me! I’m an AMERICAN, dammit! I demand satisfaction!

:stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, I think this might be a more justifiable rationale…

Kim said Chinese authorities arrested the older Kang, his wife and a younger son at the border with Laos. The activist said it wasn’t clear whether China had sent the family members back to North Korea or was still holding them.

“China is a party, an accomplice, to North Korean crimes against humanity,” Kim said.

Well, that and the Tibetan cultural genocide.

:stuck_out_tongue:

But don’t worry. There won’t be a war until and unless Cheney looks at a map of North Korea and his Spidey-Senses start tingling. Cuz that would mean there’s oil or investment opportunities in North Korea, and for the noble cause of liberating those poor oppressed oilfields or other investment opportunities, that selfless philanthropist Dick Cheney would gladly make the supreme sacrifice – human lives. Not his own, of course, what are you, crazy? Several thousands, several tens of thousands of American lives. Oh, and several hundred thousand south koreans, too, but they don’t count. They’re not part of the USA, you see.

How the hell could they even be thinking about another war. We have not even been given a chance to recover from the one against Saddam, and his troops.

It is fucking crazy. That’s what it is.

It is fucking crazy. That’s what it is.

It’d be political suicide too. A lot of countries were opposed to the way the war on Iraq was being handled, and as such, another war would further alienate the Bush administration internationally. It’s doubtful whether they would risk starting another war so soon, not to mention the fact that there wouldn’t be as much to gain economically from war in N. Korea than there was in Iraq.

Their stances have shown that they could care less if it was foreign party (much moreso than political) suicide. As we’ve seen, a lot of people still support Bush and co. If it were political suicide, then they wouldn’t have a chance this election. Sadly, their support still is rather solid.

It wouldn’t be so bad if they stopped supporting nations that are just as bad if not worse than those they attack. Doublethinking and contradictions are bad.

I hope they will solve this through diplomacy. We don’t want to risk that North Korea has nukes with the millions of people around they could launch them on. The lot of the people down there has it bad enough as it is, they don’t need mutations and mass death as a plus.

And I seriously doubt China will enjoy having the USA playing around that close to them. China has nukes, and long distance rockets.

Not to mention the costs of an occupation. They can’t handle the masses of Iraq, how on earth do they intend to handle the masses of Korea?

I meant political suicide in a more international sense, but thinking about it, if Bush cared what other countries thought, he would never have gone to war with Iraq in the way that he did. It’s unlikely that he would get any international support if he chose to invade N. Korea, certainly not from the UN. His support in America may still be strong, but there isn’t a lot of it in other countries. Unfortunately, that means he still has a shot at re-election.

Originally posted by Tomiko
Don’t be ridiculous. Hussein wasn’t even a threat to his own neighbours, which is why many of them asked us not to go to war with Iraq. Our war with Iraq was basically a high-tech massacre - not only did they not have any nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons, but they didn’t even have an air force. What miserable planes they did have were buried in the ground. By the way, the neoconservatives’ pet war in Iraq also killed 539 Americans, 10,000 Iraqi civilians (direct killing only), and thousands upon thousands of Iraqi soldiers. Those numbers are climbing daily. But it’s not like that concerns the neoconservatives any - they were planning this war and dividing up Iraq starting from the first week of Bush’s presidency.

Yay here’s more cannon-fodder for you to refute:

Originally posted by Kagon
Yeah, Saddam was so dangerous with his inability to make nuclear weapons. Why, he could have nuked us all! Oh, wait, he didn’t have any weapons. Or any means to make any. Or any means to make them travel long distances. Oops. Despite popular belief, Saddam was very smart- he knew if he tried anything, he’d have not only the US but the rest of the world coming down on him in full force. He wasn’t going to do jackshit. We ended up going after him because he didn’t give into our pathetic extortion attempts after we defied the UN.
I think you’re missing the point. I was trying to say I find it irritating that a lot of you go “OH NOHZ DETH ND DEEKAYYY ITZ WRONG ;_;” at the mention of Bush, without realizing that some men are simply better off DEAD. Ok, so he couldn’t have done shit to the US, but it’s evident what he’s been doing to his own country, and it’s not cool. (And I’m sure you realize it’s a lot worse than “OGM WOMEN HAF 2 WERE MASKS”)

America cant win against north korea, or china.

I hope bush knows what he is doing.