Why did you choose your username?

Well there is really no reason might be because i consider myself the demon of annoyance and ‘noobness’ sometimes but i picked it and stuck with it i am demon in many other forums.

It’s my nickname. One of my friends pointed out that my full name was reduced from 9 letters to 4 letters and now to 3. It was funny at the time.

I somehow misspelt Xelpherpolis frmo the game Ephemeral Phantasia. I think it was all the alcohol I consumed to actually make that game good.

I can’t remember exactly how it happened, but I’ve had this name since 1996 at least. Obviously, it’s from Earthbound.

I mention the origin countless times, but here we go again. It all started when Rast created RPGmaker.net, a ill fated website that RPGC’s creator wanted to create programs for young programmers who wanted to create their own rpgs. Well I come there after following a link at some custom Dragon Warrior site and decided to stick around. I originally used the generic Goblez name for a while before switching to Gilgamesh, followed by Darkwing Duck and Lavos.

But when working on a game I was going to create for RPG Engine (Rast’s personal rpg maker program), I decided to go with a medival era set game. The game was called “Legend of the Time Gate”, and it had some young prince setting out with his sister, the captain of the guards, and the captain sister to fight the prince evil brother who was trying to use the Time Gate to rule the world. Anyway, I need a name for the hero, so I took the names of two generic titles that were inspired by two rpg bosses (Time Lord of SaGa Frontier and Dark King of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest), and took the letters and rearranged them into a strange word named Rirse. The other characters were created using the same method (Aasea for the sister, Srakes for the captain, Kasing for his sister, and Atrast for the evil prince). But I never finished the game, but I did make a ill fated Homestead.com website for it, but it slowly wasted away.

Around this time Rast posted a link to Macc’s FARTs, as he was in the episode that came out at the time, which I went to look at it and liked the episode. I then decided to ripof…I mean make my own version of the comic using my Homestead.com account to host it. That created Twisted RPG Theatre, from which at first Timelord Muk (my old e-mail account that I used to create my Homestead page) was the star, but I slowly used my RPG Engine characters, making the comic work like a charm.

Afterwards I started posting on a message board called VGF (Video Gamer First) under the name Lavos, where I encountered a number of fun people. But during the summer, the members of the Nintendo Board would post a thread that started at sundown and was pretty much a spammy thread that you can post anything until the set rises, which ends the thread. A lot of the users got the idea to post stories in that thread, so I used my TRT characters in it, which lead to some funny stories. But the owner of the site was a dick, so I soon lefted after the summer. But I still kept a number of the members in my site’s plotline.

And finally, we end this boring tale here, where I soon joined the staff after Jim’s firing, which I finally used the name Rirse at last. And a year later, TRT was moved from it limbo server it was before (Homestead started charging, so I left them and went to Spaceport until they died). I hope you like this story, as it even longer then the last time I reaccounted it.

It sounded cool when I was 12.

Well, when I first found this site, I was being silly and aiming for Final Fantasy things that I knew would be taken. Well, I was wrong, and got Dark Knight, lol.

Because there are only two main female characters in the Hitchiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, and Trillian is a way cooler character than Fenchurch.

Yeah, this topic comes up once in a while.

Anyway, I actually picked out ‘Hiryuu’, fairly early in my Internet life. I found a hokey little chat room when I first got the internet, and gave myself weird names like “Spraddle”, which was basically just a combination of random syllables.

Then, when surfing the web, I found out about some magical program called “SNES9X” that let you PLAY SNES GAMES ON YOUR COMPUTER. Which was totally boss. Of course, it took me a helluva long time to figure out where to get it (actually, I think I downloaded ZSNES instead… although it was before ZSNES had a GUI, so I had some crazy frontend with it), and I even found a translated ROM for FINAL FANTASY V, THE LOST FINAL FANTASY!!! (Well, it was lost then, anyway. =P) Which was a huge deal to me back then.

Actually, FFV was the first ROM I ever got up and running. The image of Boco running through the field with the intro music STILL gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling, since I thought I was king of the world after figuring out how to play FFV in English on my computer. And Hiryuu was one of the first nouns thrown around in that game, and I thought it was pretty cool, and then I soon found the FFV shrine, so I sorta adopted the name as my own.

Nowadays, of course, I wish I had a less generic name. =P My alternate nick, which I came up with a year or two after Hiryuu, Zenengage, is also from FFV, incidentally. I was trying to remember how to spell “Zeninage”, and I totally butchered the spelling. But it works out since I’ve never encountered another Zenengage on the web. =P

I totally don’t feel like giving the full story on why I use this username. Long story short I like reptiles and gila monster’s are venomous which makes it all the better.

Weiila was the name of one of my originial characters whom I was writing about by the time I first needed an online handle. I can’t use her at all nowadays due to instant Mary Sue feeling, but ah well. She wasn’t that good anyway.

And it’s pronounced as the word “way” followed by a “la”. There you go. I’ve heard people online try to pronounce it lately, and it’s a hoot XD

My name is Taran, and I like the book.

Cause theres some turd-wrangler who used the name Izlude and only posted like 70-some posts and hasnt visited this site in ages…

And as soon as he gets booted, well… I might use it instead of this one.

Took letters from my full name and made them look DBZ-ish.

tacronsk?

Sounded cool.

an unhealthy obsession with blimps

Something AIM spit out years ago when it said my user name choice was already taken.

I was eating them at the time?
I don’t even remember the logic at this point.

Tis me name :slight_smile: