Why are all teenagers in RPGs so happy

I know too much about fighting games to make an opportunity to say Zangief’s gay pass.

Now lets think in terms of Lufia 2: Maxim was such a willing hero, but in the end, we don’t stop and think, “Maxim was a cool hero.” Nope, instead we think, “Dekar kicked way too much ass to let Maxim get the lead role.”

Actually, the cool guy cliche is one of the better cliches. If they become the hero, nobody would love them as much. I thought Dekar kicked ass and he was my favorite Lufia character, but if he had been the hero…? No. Plus he doesn’t…fill that role. There’s always the generically cool kick ass guy whom everyone loves, or whom everyone hates. Auron. Armarant. Delita. Setzer. Pesmerga. Kain. Arngrim. Dias. Dekar. Bowser! Some examples from mainstream games.

My point being it’s normal to think “[Maxim] is such a pansy! I loved [Dekar] way better. I love him way too much.”

::dekar!:: Thank you for naming Delita. Just in case anyone out there is completely oblivious, I’ll point out that he is my favorite supporting character (ally or villain) in any video game. There are only two other characters who are even on the same playing field, and they are smoked by Delita’s depth, because all they are is goofy.

Second place (to Delita’s first) is Booster, becuase he plays with dolls in a manner much like Dark Helmet does in Space Balls.

This guy comes in a close (relative to Booster) third: :ulty:

It takes a hell of a lot to use everyone and become a monster in the process, yet still give the person most capable of contesting your authority the one thing that nobody else will: honesty.