Whoooooopsie daisy!

If it weren’t for the US’ first win over Canada, I daresay the Canadians wouldn’t have had that drive and passion to redeem themselves that was necessary to make it to the gold medal match. You said in the other thread that Canada was nowhere near as good as Russia, yet y’all beat them in a game that wasn’t even close. Because you wanted revenge. During the Slovakia game, the Canadian fans were chanting they wanted the USA. That desire for revenge fueled the victory over Russia and staved off Slovakia’s comeback attempt. So, if it weren’t for the US, you wouldn’t have your gold. Let me be the first American to say “You’re welcome.”

You’re welcome.

I don’t know what you’re all talking about. Finland won.

Yes, we won. But the real winners are the bastards that didn’t have to pay for these games to begin with. Can’t wait for terra-forming of the moon so we can host them there every moon winter. It will be a hit with moon babes and space dawgs alike.

Haha, I changed your quote!

Oh hey look it’s a new Hades thread. I wonder what he has to say?

Hmm, very interesting.

I don’t know how this board would survive without your contributions, Zepp!

But the Americans got figure skating gold!

Okay, I sniggered when I saw this yesterday.

Russia better than Canada? :hahaha; No defense, too sloppy and undisciplined to compete, and Nabokov only shows up for regular season games. Russia may have had the best offensive line in the tournament, but you need three lines and four solid defensemen to win hockey games against solid teams.

Miller played great to get the US to OT in the Gold Medal game. But he choked as usual in OT. It was a soft goal, and so pathetic that Crosby got it on his first shot of the tournament. We will never hear the end of the media hardon over this and NBC will play the clip constantly during every game they televise for the next four years. Crosby single-handedly won the gold medal, just like he single-handedly won the cup last year (even though he was on the bench the second half of game 7). Fuck Miller.

OK, let me get this straight. Hockey?

Miller did everything BUT choke, lmao! Canada simply overwhelmed him. With any other goalie in net it likely would’ve been a 5-2 or 6-2 game, assuming the States would still have had the confidence to play without him behind them.

Russia did choke. That was NOT supposed to be a blowout game, and the US-Can games were not supposed to be close. These Olympics were absolutely freakish compared to what could’ve been predicted from the rosters. There were maybe 2 players on the US team who would’ve cracked Canada’s 4th line, and as good as he is, Miller would not have been a starter for them.

The only thing I agree with you about is the media hardon for Crosby. For a guy who does little more for his teams than any average top line Center, he gets a disconcerting amount of worship from stupid people.

Miller choked in OT, that goal by Sid was soft. Miller was phenomenal the rest of the tourney. But just like he did against Ottawa in OT three years ago when Buffalo had the best team in the league, he fucking choked. Fuck Miller.

Did you see Russia / Czech? I was thinking if they play that way against Canada, they’re going to get destroyed. And they did. KHL defense against Team Canada? They’d lose 9/10 games. I’m interested to see C-Bus play Washington, to see if Nash can make Ovechkin his bitch again. If so, trade Crosby for Nash, please.

And what about Stills, huh? Without his rhythmic prowess, the holy trinity would have clearly lacked the dynamic impact it had on folk rock counter-culture of the late 60’s and early 70’s.

Finland mopped the floor with Sweden, that’s all that matters. :slight_smile:

And Young, the fourth musketeer of the trinity who is also by far the most famous.

Lmao this actually made me laugh.

Coincidentally, Neil Young was actually AT the gold medal game. Looks like STILLS dropped the ball!

zepp do you enjoy real life?

Dude, he lives in china…