Whoever made FFIII is a fucking sadist

And the shrine is very helpful for most things. Don’t count on the monster list. Kraken in the DS version has a lot more than 1500 hp.

I can really, really tell it’s a remake of a NES game. Jesus christ.

Also, I just got the Onion Knight class, which looks hilarious. Too bad they’re useless until like level 93 :frowning:

ARRRRRRGH THIS GAME MAKES ME SO ANGRY! YOU DIE SO EASILY FOR THE STUPIDEST UNCONTROLLABLE REASONS

lol mythril mines.

I also wish to point out some differences between the DS and the Famicom versions of the game, like being unable to buy Blizzaga from Gyshal, classes like Scholar being vastly improved compaired to there original versions although Scholar still sucks, and I’ve also heard that the final dungeon will have a save point in it. There are other changes but I think I’ve spoiled enough already.:boring:

I wish I could figure out what makes your job level go up. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

how is the job system worked? cause if i recall correctly, famicom version, you pick a job, you have that job. the more you use that job, the easier it is to switch to related jobs and back.

You get new jobs for every crystal you visit. When you switch jobs, you have to do a few fights depending on what tier of job you’re switching into because you have reduced stats until you complete that requirement. Like tier 1 is 2 fight. Tier 2 is 4 fights. etc.

okay, so not too different how is the saving feature? world map + save points and a quicksave?

Also, what is this about ‘ghetting’ onion knight? Don’t you start as a onion knight, which only rock after you get special equipment, level unnesssesary?

And one final question, can you still double weild weapons?

Onion knight got replaced by freelancer, onion knight is now a secret class which is broken as fuck at high levels. You can’t unlock it unless you have wifi or a friend who also has a DS and FF3.

Gaining job levels improves your stats while in that class (I think). Dual-wielding is in and pretty much vital for every character who attacks anything. Also rumors as to a savepoint in the final dungeon are false. There are no savepoints in the entire game.

TD, care to assist me get the onion knight? Anything else we can do if we connect?

Also, how many class levels can one gain? I’m at like 30 with monk.

Man. That makes me really angry. Freelancer? what the hell? I hate it when Nintendo does stupid shit like that “you can’t get this unless you know someone else with the game”. UGH.

I looked at the guide (yay boredom) and it seems that your stats do go up as you level your jobs. Each job is restricted not only by what equiment and magics they can use, but also thier stats. The Onion Knight has like 4 in each stat until level 93, wheren they gain ungodly amounts until they max out at 99. Each class also has a special item you can get for leveling them to 99, though the only one I remember is the Onion Knight’s Onion Blade.

That sounds needlessly complicated and not exactly fun. Unless of course leveling classes isn’t that hard, but even so, leveling up to 90 just to reap the benefits of a class you don’t even need and have to link up to get, really doesn’t seem worth it.

It IS worth it. For one reason, which consists of two words: ONION KNIGHT.

Job level goes up to 99, and job level increases ever time a character does 6 actions, but you can only gain one level per character per battle.

Sure. Just post your friend code, mine is 5068 9088 7811. You need to send me 7 messages, and send topapa 4 messages, then go and talk to topapa, and enter the first cave again. Easy fight with 3 bombs, Onion Knight is yours.

There isn’t much else to do.

And jesus, Freelancer is like a buffed NES Onion Knight, only difference is in the name and looks. The actual Onion Knight is incredibly buffed, though I agree that it sucks when you need other people to unlock shit.

Mine is 2277 1817 9236. I’m going to start spamming you now. Dammit when I try to send an email to your thing your number is greyed out. Send me a PM when you’re online so we can coordinate.

How the hell does the DS’s sending service work? Where do I have to go to send a message, or has Nintendo covered the entire world with an all-pervasive network by now?

Yeah, both people need to have added eachother for messages to go through the first time. After that, it’s all good. I’ll add you now.

To send a message, you need to talk to a moogle. You also need to be able to hook your DS up to wifi.