Who watched the Watchmen?

See, my problem with the whole thing is that I just don’t buy it. Very few of the characters convinced me of anything. I’m not talking about them swaying me from one side to another, I just don’t believe them as people, as characters, as heroes or villians. I found it very difficult to relate or identify with any of them.

Which brings me to the only thing that I truly loved and enjoyed about the Watchmen, which is that they are real people with problems and attitudes and personalities. The most interesting thing I took away from the book was that the original Watchmen (or whatever they were called) were all very, very flawed. Some are gay, some are racist, others are flat out crazy - some die and others mourn; these are the things that I found convincing, and all the relevent characters to the story seem to lack these things, with the exception of crazy (which in and of itself convinces nobody of anything).

I’ll have to agree with Sorc on this front, though. Even though I enjoyed the movie, the characters weren’t all that real to me. It’s not just because there were so many bad actors (esp. Silk Spectre II), but because of the ridiculous fight scenes. These are supposed to be washed up heroes! Nite Owl doesn’t fucking shiv people. :stuck_out_tongue:

For some reason, I still loved it. I can’t say all of my tastes are rational.

Just watched it. It was good. Not wonderful, not a masterpiece, but good.

There. I’m done.

That might be the specific moment when he figured it out, but of course since he does do that whole linear time thing he’s known about it the entire time. Manhattan’s character is only playing out the scenes he already knows how he’s going to act in. He’s just going through the motions.

The only point where he doesn’t know what he’s going to do is at the very end with Veidt because of that whole tachyon interference nonsense.

It’s a pity I’m seeing so little love for the Manhattan character here. I thought they had it nailed.

Can’t we all just get around to insulting the sex scenes? And the fact that I had a string of ten to twelve year-olds sitting behind me at 2am in the morning when I saw the movie?

I saw it. I loved it! Not necessarily because I found all the conspiracy stuff poignant, but because it was really intense and emotional.

I’m also amazed that that’s when Dr. Manhattan figured it out too because it wasn’t hard to do the fucking math.

He wasn’t trying to figure it out because he didn’t care. Remember, part of Ozymandias’ plan was to make Manhattan apathetic to humanity.

Also…

Was that the Comedian who assasinated Kennedy?

Yes, Curtis. It was.

After I read this, I started wondering about it. Some friends and I went and saw it again (in IMAX – really cool). During Veidt’s talk with his interview before he talks with Dan the reporter notes that his company does “action figures, lunch boxes, work in genetic mutation.”

I liked it. Condensation worked likely, perhaps it was a bit too morbid for a movie rated 15 (Well, R over there)

And it was kind of a perfect movie for the group I went to watch it with: Superheroes. Guns. Blood. Sex. Violence. Political Parody. And Dr. Manhattan’s nether regions. (I might agree on the part where they could’ve toned done the, uh, animation part.)

Re: “animation” - I guess they were trying to work out exactly how much a man’s package moves around if he’s walking naked. I wouldn’t know.

Gentlemen, I think there’s science to be done.

No way man! You will not do science to them.

I saw it over the weekend and I agree with Sin. I thought the movie was boring and the close to three hour run time made it feel like torture…and yeah, I wasn’t impressed with Dr. Manhatten’s genitalia.

the real question isnt who watches the watchmen, but who sticks the stickmen?!

I was entertained by the film. Loved the book. Rorschach and Comedian were spot on. Sex scene was pretty retarded, and the violence was way over the top but still badass.

Music selection was great, excepth Leonard Cohen`s Hallelujah during the sex scene and that random scene where they played 99 luft ballons.

It has its flaws, but it was still a blast to watch.