Who was the most evil Final Fantasy bad guy?

Garland did more than just kidnap a princess. He did the 2000 year time warp thing too, ya know. So he was kind of responsible for the downfall of the northern civilization, the earth rotting, the mermaid thing and everything else.

Zeromus IS the embodiment of evil (and so is Dark Cloud, I guess), but that’s too obvious of a guess.

So I’ll vote for Shadow from FF6. I know he was a “good guy” and everything, but anybody who’d slit his mama’s throat for a nickel has to have a little evil streak in him.

lol
I think General leo was much cooler than Aeris and I think Sephiroth got his votes because his rampant slaughter was much more visual. But remember, he didn’t just kill teh Espers, he stole their power, then threw them away after getting what he wanted! And he just moved the statues and rearranged the world liek it was something fun!! He was a psychotic evil insane… nutcase! GO KEFKA!!

:mwahaha: :mwahaha: :mwahaha:

I voted for sephiroth. And who is this Zeromus??? I dont remember him from any of the ffs i have played.

FF3/6-kefka
FF7-Sephiroth
FF8-Ultemicia
FF9-Necron/Kuja
FFX-Sin

and thos are all the ones that i know have what are the others???

Zeromus is from Final Fantasy 2/4

Originally posted by Dragonessa
I voted other. These guys are pretty much just pyscho, which isn’t really evil.

Au contraire, I think twisted minds are the most evil. Anybody who can destroy part of a race or poison a castle and then joke about it is definitely evil. I vote Kefka. I never wanted to kill an RPG villian so much.

Seymour??? Ah c’mon, he is just a sephiroth wanna be. The only really evil thing he did was kill all the ronsos, but no one really cared about them.

I have to vote Sephiroth. He looks amazingly cool, carrys a huge sword, and his character is konplex.

The only really evil thing he did was kill all the ronsos, but no one really cared about them.

I think I went back to Gagazet once and there were Ronsos there sitll… so he even failed at that. Not to mention the Blitzball team was still alive. You can’t very well be the last ronso if there’s a team of them playing water soccer -_-

And besides that… Seymour’s voice sounded like Winnie the Pooh after being kicked in the balls. har… can’t be evil if your voice sounds like that can ya?

Kefka. Seymour molested sheep.

:hmm: Don Corneo… … … … …

…It was close between Sephiroth and Kefka. True, Kefka did poison all those people in Doma and ruined the earth, but Sephiroth killed Aeris, and did it in style…plus there’s the Masamune thing and the fact that I have absolutely no idea who/what this Zeromus is.

I voted Sephiroth.

According to the logic of this forum, killing one person is MUCH more evil than killing an entire country’s people, or the majority of a race, destroying the whole world, or simply being the emobdiment of hate and evil! :fungah:

And people need to play more FF4. :enguard:

If you kill one man, you are a murderer. But if you kill 100 men, you’re a hero. -That king guy from Soulblazer, i forgot his name.

According to the logic of this forum, killing one person is MUCH more evil than killing an entire country’s people, or the majority of a race, destroying the whole world, or simply being the emobdiment of hate and evil!

Sephiroth kills Aeris, she is/was a main character who you get to know throughout the game (like it or not). This is/was quite a big deal. Why else would people insist on putting it in spoilers?

Kefka kills all those nobodies in Doma who we know nothing about. I admit, I thought it was cool, but why should we care? As for destroying the world, it was still inhabitted by people, who actually died? OMG, a few trees may have fallen down when the land split appart, but you survive so why shouldn’t most other people?

As for Seymour, he wipes out “all” the Ronsos, who we know a little bit about, but how the hell do you class a jackass like Seymour as “evil”?

Again, I don’t know who/what Zeromus is.

Just something to consider…or not.

He kills Aeris. I understand how the player gets to know her, and how that is a big deal TO THE PLAYER. However, if Square had decided to make her an NPC flower girl that shows up sometimes, it would not have been such a big deal.

If Cyan were the starting character in FF6, we’d probably know a lot more about Doma, and then we’d care about those characters more, making it a “bigger deal” to us.

And you forget, all the adults in Mobliz were killed by Kefka’s rearranging of the planet, and it’s implied that many, many other people were killed as well. Not to mention releasing the 8 Dragons, Doom Gaze, and Phunbaba, who create their own chaos.

Take this into account: Who would you consider more evil: the person who killed your friend because they were in the way of a robbery, or the person who bombed country because they didn’t agree and had a few nukes to spare?

You may be more affected by your friend dying, but that doesn’t make that person any more evil than the one who decided to kill hundreds or thousands of innocent people. Their families are affected, as well as the very state of their nation.

I agree with you on Seymour though. He’s not really evil, just stupid, and ineffecient. Sort of a fantasy version of Bush, if you want to think of it that way.

And seriously. Play FF4. It’s a good game. :cool: YATTA!

FFIV was the best, imo. Then again, I do have a Rydia fixation.

And you forget, all the adults in Mobliz were killed by Kefka’s rearranging of the planet, and it’s implied that many, many other people were killed as well. Not to mention releasing the 8 Dragons, Doom Gaze, and Phunbaba, who create their own chaos.

I believe the adults in Mobliz were killed AFTER Kefka’s Statue rearrranging rage. He killed them from his tower using his Light of Judgment.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
If you kill one man, you are a murderer. But if you kill 100 men, you’re a hero. -That king guy from Soulblazer, i forgot his name.

That’s also in the Megadeth song, Captive Honour:
“And when you kill a man, you’re a murderer
Kill many, and you’re a conqueror
Kill them all…Ooh…Oh you’re a god!”

Originally posted by BahamutXero
I believe the adults in Mobliz were killed AFTER Kefka’s Statue rearrranging rage. He killed them from his tower using his Light of Judgment.

All the same, it was still Kefka.

Yeah, I did forget about all those people in Mobliz, I haven’t played FF6 for a while ::doh::

Also, I was only saying that it could be a reason for people choosing Sephiroth over others like Kefka. Sure, Kefka might’ve been more evil, but this is a poll, for opinions, not facts. Sephiroth might be more evil in the eyes of one person, whereas to another person Kefka would seem more evil, esspecially if you look at it this…

Take this into account: Who would you consider more evil: the person who killed your friend because they were in the way of a robbery, or the person who bombed country because they didn’t agree and had a few nukes to spare?

You may be more affected by your friend dying, but that doesn’t make that person any more evil than the one who decided to kill hundreds or thousands of innocent people. Their families are affected, as well as the very state of their nation.
…way.

Still…I stick with Sephiroth, even if he doesn’t have a laugh like Kefka’s :mwahaha:

According to the logic of this forum, killing one person is MUCH more evil than killing an entire country’s people, or the majority of a race, destroying the whole world, or simply being the emobdiment of hate and evil!

Not at all, the logic is whoever kills someone the players care about most is the most evil. Duh.
Seriously though now, I haven’t played 4 through 6 so I don’t know anything about Kefka but what I’ve heard here. That bit about Garland being responsible for the time warp, is that explained in the second half of the game, or did you just infer from the situation? Sephiroth was evil, but in an (extremely) exagerated, spiteful teenager-ish kind of a way. Seymour was similar to Sephiroth except his reason for wanting to become a god was just because, as opposed to being pissed about the Jenova experment stuff, therefor he wasn’t acting out of revenge.

Originally posted by demigod
his reason for wanting to become a god was just because

See?! Isn’t he just like a Guado-Bush?! It’s a conspiracy, I tell you!:hyperven: