Who here goes to Gamefaqs?

What’s Gamefags?

… for that matter,what’s IGN?

:kissy:

I guess I will agree with everyone and say that the forums there suck and the guides are great.

I go mainly for guides, but I at least look at the forums since many games have useful stuff in the forums that haven’t been made in to guides yet. I don’t post there much (Like I post much anywhere…)

I think I’m banned from their forums.

Yeah, easy to get banned there. I must be the only person who HASN"T lost an account there. Hell, I haven’t even had a single moderation there!

Alexa.com ranks Gamefaqs as the 829th most visited site on the web. Very impressive the way CJay was able to turn a AOL personal page into one of the web’s most successful. I wonder how much CNET paid.

Gamefaqs is the only place I’ve ever gone for guides really (pre-ffxi), and I wrote up a couple faqs myself (Virtual Pro Wrestling).

The forums are what they are, there’s no way the site with such a large user base could have handled a standard forum tool. It’s infested with n00bs, jackasses, trolls, and is over moderated. I only really posted religiously in the Xenosaga forum, a few weeks after the game came out, some excellent discussion was going on. Aside from that, I might pop in once a month or so when I’m really bored. Gotta keep the Pachinko Sexy Reaction forum alive!

Anyhow, I have all the respect in the world for CJay and what he accomplished. I hope he keeps it real (free) for as long as he can, and finds a sucessor to do the same.

i go there.
even though you probely know cause i’m the one who told you about this place…

my gamefaqs account is named Wishing Star.

I do, under the name “Gizamaluke7377”

I used to post there for fun and to chat with other gamers, but now days I mainly just like irritating trolls and fanboys. Hehe.