which is the easiest final fantasy

Well… are we counting optional battles? If so, both 7 and 10 have INSANE optional battles which no pre-PlayStation FF had. For the general difficulty level (i.e. playing through the game and each specific battle or bos) I actually think that each game is slightly harder than the game before it (so FFX would be the hardest in that respect).

They’re all easy!

And FF7’s final fight was easier than FF10’s. The final fight in FF10 had 99999 HP, in FF7 0 HP. (that is, anything you do will make you win)

If you count Yu Yevon as a boss then you have to count the Sephiroth down in the crater whom you fight one on one.

And it is possible to lose the last battle in FF10. Use Petrify Grenades or Stone Breath on two party members, then have Kimahri Self-Destruct.

Yes, I actually tried losing the end of FF7 battle once, and it wouldn’t let me :wink: I don’t know why everyone thinks it’s easy, though… I found it pretty hard first time round, Demon’s Gate (second boss, temple of the ancients) is shit-hard first time round :thud:

FFX for me. I was having fun messing around in the area, and when I actually tried to finish it took no effort at all… Yuna was doing 99,999, had ungodly speed, plus auto-haste. Hehe.

Originally posted by deathstryke
5 is only easy if you put a lot of time into it. If you don’t it can be quite difficult.

A whole insane amount of time, actually, considering that the ‘normal’ class can become the strongest, but only once all the others have been mastered. Gaining enough ABPs for that is very time-consuming.

Well, I’d have to say VI. Of all the Final Fantasies I’ve played (FFI-IX), I had the least trouble with VI. The Espers allow you to learn cheap tricks like Vanish/Doom, Doom, Vanish, Double on the ENTIRE PARTY, all sorts of things. The only boss I had trouble with was Ultros because of his even cheaper trick, which was to attack the only character that I HAD to keep alive was attacked twice in a row, with no time to heal and a low max HP. Stupid Banon.

Now I’m in the World of Ruin and it’s dead easy. I just don’t have enough faith in my skillz to complete the rest of the game.

Might be hard. I’ve seen some people have real trouble with it. I’ll see for myself.

I found FF8 to be pretty easy overall. The junctioning was a good system, but I found ways of making it work to great benefit to my characters early on.

Psheh, I’m farked in my current game of FF6 because I’m at the very top of the magic tower with 0 MP on everyone and no MP healers.

The Easiest One Is FFX…

But If You Use The Lete Reiver Trick In FF VI Trick, Then You Can Even Bring Relm Into The Final Battle…

Holy hell man, let go of the shift key from time to time!

Ultros is pretty easy if you put everybody in the back row and attack with Aurabolt, AutoCrossbow, Fire and have Banon heal.

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for SNES was the easiest.
Using the lead character’s Cure Spell did over 30,000 damage to the end boss. Anyone could beat it in their sleep.:boring:

“I haven’t been here long enough to know
Every time I feel this I just lose control
Such a cancer on the face of everything that’s beautiful
I wish that this would just go”
-Staind “Just Go”
from the best album ever “Dysfunction”

Yeah. It was kinda boring. Not exactly a satisfactory end to a not-exactly-satisfactory game.

It depends on how much time you spend leveling. If all your character are level 99, then no FF will be terribly challenging.

:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Princefireball
[b]It depends on how much time you spend leveling. If all your character are level 99, then no FF will be terribly challenging.

:slight_smile: [/b]

If you bother with that, NO game is challenging!

…Well, maybe the games where boss stats are dependent on your character’s, but that’s it!

I am going to play Final Fantasy IV to VI with the cursor always set to active to see if they are harder. I already tried this with Final Fantasy IV (hard version) once, and some battles (particularly in the Sealed Cave) were much harder.

I always do that, and I always have a harder time.

what’re y’all talking about? FFMQ was by far the easiest!

Leaving out MQ (as I, a reasonable being, will do), I’d say 6. Even without overleveling, everyone being able to learn great magic, even with mediocre results, and having some kickass relics made it too easy.

edit - In the Sealed Cave in FF4, I almost always lose one character before I can finish off the crazy doors (or whatever they’re called) in active time battles.

well, aside from MQ, i thought FF4 easytype to be the easiest…