Which FF games have you played?

Oh, and tactics.

Final Fantasy 4 is soooooo much harder. I was stuck on Zeromus playing on and off again for a good couple years. FF5 was a pain in the ass too.

Yay triple-post. points to Edit button

Yay n00b moment. Oh well. Delete if you want.

I would have to agree that FF III would definitely be the toughest of the main games.

Followed immediately by FF I depending on which classes you choose at the start (three Fighters and a Red Mage does not make for a challenging game but a full Black Belt party could easily surpass any other challenge in any other FF game).

FF VIII would probably be next until you figured out that the game can only be played by abusing Limit Breaks.

FF T would best fit here as it remains challenging until you get Orlandu and even then it gives it self a renewal of challenge with the deep dungeon, and it provides consistent challenge throughout the game without having to rely on game breaking factors (like rendering everything but Limit Breaks useless)

FF II & FF V are about equal in challenge as both require massive amounts of grinding to be in good standing for the final areas. But FF II loses points due to those Blood Swords, and V gains points for its hidden bosses Omega Weapon and Shinryu.

FF XII belongs here mostly for all the extra stuff (also since you can walk right out of a major battle with one of the hidden bosses to regroup) along with the fact that you really can’t do much with the License Grid.

FF IV is the next one with mostly due to the lack of the ability to create gods out of your characters along with extra fiends to battle after surpassing Zeromus.

FF’s VII and IX are about equal in challenge, FF VII has the Weapons and IX has Ozma and the constant railroading.

FF VI and X are near the bottom mostly due to the fact that it’s very easy to overgrind your characters into gods.

FF X-2 is even lower then VI and X by virtue of having only three playable characters to manage instead of seven or fourteen.

FF CC and TA do have some challenging moments, unfortunately for MQ the hardest part was finding all the necessary parts needed to play the damn thing and for TA it was enduring the boring mindless repetition.

FF MQ inhabits the lowest rung for being such a beginners game despite having more overall challenge than TA.

I haven’t played XI or DoC yet, so I can’t give appropriate evaluations to their difficulty level.

I’ve played them all except the Gamecube games, 11 and 12. I haven’t beaten 2,3 or 6 and absolutely despised Tactics.

DoC - on medium difficulty I don’t remember it being much of a struggle. Sorta fun, sorta forgettable. The bonus missions were my favorite part of the game. I think most old school FF fans would enjoy it.

XI is an apples and oranges comparison to the rest of the series. As far as difficulty goes, it’s off the scale compared to anything else SE has released. But it’s a subscription based game so that’s to be expected.

I could never play DoC on anything but Easy. Having to go through those menus and aim guns while being fired at at the same time was just too much for me. -- I did get through several of the bonus missions by dint of having the Ultima Weapon, but I gave up in the one filled with snipers that took something like twenty minutes just to get halfway. --

I’m totally cosplaying Shalua at PAX. Gonna get some superglue for my eye, too.

Um… indelicate question, but aren’t you male?

yes, and I’m joking :hahaha; (didn’t the superglue give it away?)

Old school = FFVII?

Finally, damned thing got old :smiley:

I meant 16-bit era, but you’re right, PSX was two generations ago…FFVII is over 10 years old now (1/31/97).

Well, I’ve never been to a con. For all I know people do stuff like that. shudder

The question is, do they wax their legs?

Some do, some don’t. I’m sure we all know about the Man-Faye… I met him at AX last year. And at Anime North in 2004 I saw a guy dressed up as… well, we called him “Sailor Man”

And I’m not talking about Popeye.

Anyway the first didn’t and the second did.

::dekar!::AHHHHHH, MY EYES!!:bowser:

Final Fantasy (pending… NES, 1x PS1, pending… PSP)
Final Fantasy II (1x PS1)
Final Fantasy III (1x NES)
Final Fantasy IV (1x SNES, 1x PS1)
Final Fantasy V (2x SNES, 1x PS1)
Final Fantasy VI (1x SNES, 1x PS1)
Final Fantasy VII (1x JP)
Finla Fantasy VII (13x US, 1x PC )
Final Fantasy VIII (1x JP)
Finla Fantasy VIII (2x US, pending… PC)
Final Fantasy IX (2x)
Final Fantasy X (1x)
Final Fantasy X International (3x)
Final Fantasy X-2 (1x)
Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission (pending)
Final Fantasy XII (1x JP)
Finla Fantasy XII (1x US)

Final Fantasy Tactics (6x)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (1x)
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (pending…)
Dirge of Cerberus - Final Fantasy VII- (1x)

I’ve played 7 through X-2, plus 12, Tactics, and DoC, but I only own 10, 12, and DoC at the moment. I haven’t beaten 8 or 9, but I did get to the final bosses on each. I also tried 5 and 6, but didn’t get very far.

I have played all the numbered FF games except 11, but few spin-offs.

Spin offs played:

FF Mystic Quest (Beatable in 5-6hours, but fun in a simple way)
FF X-2 (Disappointing story, simply made to flout fan-service eye-candy)
Crystal Chronicles (Very fun multiplayer, but only if you can manage to get 2-3 friends)