when did you first get killed

Hey, I like this topic! Very clever idea, indeed! Keep in mind that my first time through an FF game, I never use a guide or anything like that.

FF1: I was first slain in Marsh Cave (go figure, eh?) Apparently, I strayed far away from trivial things like “leveling up”. 8P

FF2: Note to new players: talking to Imperial Captains is an excellent way to kill yourself.

FF3: While playing an incomplete translation, I died while fighting Jinn. It was funny; before the battle, he greeted me with the following message: “Armour Icon FJSHF$J%H%S%DF ?! Ring Icon!”

FF4: During a heated battle against Milon-Z on Mt. Ordeals at about 5:00 in the morning, I fell asleep. When I woke up, Milon had cracked though Cecil’s armour like a peanut shell and devoured his insides.

FF5: Due to me not paying attention, I thought it said “Received Archeoavis” rather than “Revived”, so I thought the battle was over and ran upstairs to tell my brother I had won. Surely, when I got back downstairs, I was done for and cursed at my own stupidity.

FF6: Ran out of items after defending Banon from the Imperial Troops for about 2 hours. Gave up and resetted.

FF7: Attempted to take down the Midgar Zolom early in the game. Zolom reportedly had an excellent meal that day.

FF8: This is a funny story. Not only was I killed by Gerogero, but I actually got all the way to Adel without knowing how to Junction magic into stats. When I finally did learn, it was too late! I battled Ultimecia for about 3 hours, casting Triple Meteor over and over again, while casting Curagas to keep my one team member alive. When Ultimecia pulled Apocalypse, I knew it was over. I cried.

FF9: I was killed by Black Waltz 1… that’s just sad, isn’t it?

FF10: I was doing really well on this one, but as soon as I reached Macalania temple, things got out of hand. I didn’t really know how useful Aeons were, and lost to Seymour.

FFMQ: The Behemoth at the beginning beat me. I know… laugh all you want.

FFT: Hey look! Dorter Trade City! I bet they have wicked stuff for sale there! What’s this… a random battle in Dorter? Ulp… well, that’s the end of my team…

7: didn’t realize you had to have the chocobo to avoid Midgar Zolom so uhh… Midgar Zolom did me in.

8: probably the T-Rex in the training area of Balamb Garden.

9: The waltzes weren’t difficult for me, and neither was Gizamaluke… but I do remember carking it when facing a bomb, (early on - just outside of Lindblum methinks) Yans, and Ozma.

Tactics: didn’t know how to play so I died in the first “storyline” battle. Not the VERY first one with Gafgarion and Agrias, but the one with Delita and Ramza. I uhh, didn’t realize you could have people other than those two on the field.

6: I played up until that snail thing early on, on my friend’s emulator. That’s where I died, and that’s all I had time to play.

4: wayyyyy early on, didn’t level enough. Later on, leveled too much and no potions/MP for healing. other such encounters. Oh, and Dark Elf was a pain in the rear.

That’s all that I’ve played.

To everyone who answered “never killed” you’ve got to be kidding! How much time do you people spend levelling???

Let’s put it this way. I didn’t need the chocobo to get past the Midgar Zolom. I spend way too much time levelling. The only reason I died against the wall was because I wasn’t expecting a boss fight and like an idiot, forgot to rest OR equip bahamut.

P.S. Don’t bother levelling until you can kill the Midgar Zolom. By the time you’ve got enough strength to beat it, the exp it gives really isn’t worth the effort.

Hmmm…
Can only remember one FF when I got killed…
(I’ve been killed in other FFs too, but this is the only one I remember…)

Mystic Quest: The red dinoskeleton-thing…

yes, I died in MQ! Ph33r my dying skillz, and stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

FF4- Bahamut (once)
FF5- I forgot
FF6- The tentacle thingies
FF7- I forgot
FF8- The robot that won’t die
FF9- Necron
FFT- The last one with Gafgarion
FFL3- Chaos

Only ones i can remember:

FFVII: Thought I could take on Midgar Zolom…turns out I couldn’t…

FFVIII: Never, game is too easy.

Oh god, I can’t remember this at all… And I’ve played FFI all the way to FFIX! God… Here’s what I remember…

FFI-When I tried on taking on the marsh cave with inadequate Antidotes.
FFIIj-When I accidentally wandered into territory that contained MUCH harder enemies.
FFIIIj-Never.
FFIV-Can’t remember at all.
FFV-Can’t remember at all.
FFVI-When I fought Ultros for the first time. I eventually got someone else to fight him for me. Stupid Banon. First time dying EVER.
FFVII-I got to the Midgar Zolom without dying, only I tried to get a chocobo, and never could. I never died, but could never proceed further.
FFVIII-Can’t remember at all.
FFIX-Well, the only time I can remember dying was when I, as a humourous suicide attempt, tried to fight Ozma.

zolom

To everyone who answered “never killed” you’ve got to be kidding! How much time do you people spend levelling???

Well in FF VIII, i quickly learned that the more magic you junction to one area, the stronger you become. So i basically just sat there until i got 100 of the ones i needed. Made the game sooooooooo easy, but using draw after draw was boring…

I’m new at this, but if I’m replying to that one guyl, then my first time dying would be in FF8 in the battle with Omega Weapon at “Ultemecia Castle” don’t mean to brag…

1. Learn proper grammar.
  2. http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2002-10-11&res=l
  3. It’s not bragging. Hell, it’s almost insulting yourself. It’s much easier to die at the beginning of FF8 than at the end of FF8.

FF I - Fighting the Fiend in the Volcano

FF IV - Fighting Odin

FF VI - It’s impossible to die in this game.

FF VII - Fighting the boss in the Sector 5 reactor(Forgot to buy Materia):wave:

FF VIII - Island Closest to Heaven(those Malboros are a pain!)

FF IX - The fight with Beatrix in Cleyra(No Phoenix Down…)

FF X - Seymour on the mountain with the ice

Hmm, let’s see.

FF1 - Marsh Cave on those nasty mages. Grar. Just so annoying…

FF2j - Trying to get to Mysidia with 300 HP using a little trick with potions to avoid monster encounters. You can’t avoid them all ya know.

FF3j - Trying to beat that sea serpent instead of going through the dungeon in Mini condition. Didn’t work too well.

FF4 - Odin, of course this was back a long time ago when I was much younger =P

FF5 - Never.

FF6 - Never.

FF7- Midgar Zolom. I always try to fight it instead of running, and I lost once.

FF8 - Never.

FF9 - I think I died near the end of the game once…

FFX - Grar, damn arena bosses.

Tactics: didn’t know how to play so I died in the first “storyline” battle. Not the VERY first one with Gafgarion and Agrias, but the one with Delita and Ramza. I uhh, didn’t realize you could have people other than those two on the field.

I did the EXACT same thing…I felt so stupid afterwards…accidently pressed the L button and Oooo!

Usually an hour for each quest.Depends.

I’m new at this, but if I’m replying to that one guyl, then my first time dying would be in FF8 in the battle with Omega Weapon at “Ultemecia Castle” don’t mean to brag…

I dont remember an Omega Weapon in FF8…which boss was this, one of the ones to get your options back???

Originally posted by Kagon
FF7- Midgar Zolom. I always try to fight it instead of running, and I lost once.

My sister Julia was never one for running, either. She actually spent hours leveling until her guys were strong enough to beat the Zolom, and then she moved on witht the game.

Omega Weapon is in FF8. He is in Ultemecia Castle in disc 4. And I was only lucky to get this far on my first time. I had help with my booklet guide which came with the video game and I practiced the junction as many times I could to get the hang of it. I am just another player like the next person…

Yeah, I hate running. I never do it whenever possible. The trick to doing it with Midgar Zolom was really to level up the elemental materia and attach it with fire. That way, you end up surviving Beta due to fire resistance and can proceed from there. Plus you get the enemy skill for surviving.

Keep in mind that these are not neccesarily the the first time I played each game, but the earliest on I’ve died

FF1: While fighting imps, because I didn’t know about inns

FF2: Talking to a soldier dude somewhere

FF3: CHEATING: Bahamut, because I thought I could beat him. (I was cheating and doing 9999 damage per blow) NON-CHEATING: Goldor (Her lightning attack is nasty)

FF4: Dark Knight (Couldn’t figure out what to do)

FF5: I forget

FF6: CHEATING: Whelk (Tried to kill his shell, once again doing 9999 damage) NON-CHEATING: Lete River (Let Banon die because I wasn’t watching his HP)

FF7: Never died, because I’ve only played up to the first boss (then I got bored)

FF8: Ifrit’s Cave (I set the time limit too low)

FF9: I forget

FFX: At the beginning of the game while fighting Sinscales

FFT, FFMQ, FFX-2, FFXI, FFLegend 1, FFLegend2, FFLegend3: Never played

There a few times I actually died, but only because of the story or some bitchy trick, in FFVI ((Yes, I admit, FFVI the only FF I ever fully played ;_;))
First time fighting Ultros, I found myself confronted over the Game Over Screen a lot. Why? Cause Mr. Purple Tentacles have a nasty trick. :
:ulty: Smash Ganon with Tentacles twice or 3 time in a row, not letting him use Heal Mwehehehe

In the Dream Castle, the final boss is quite hard to beat. He take over someone in your team, and you actually have to kill him to make him appear. And with a team of 3, that not healthy. Fortunatly, I learned that using X-Zone in that fight, when’s he in someone’s body, makes an easy fight.

The Floating Island. I hated that place. Huge, big bad monsters. If you are underleveled, well MEEP. And the counter at the end… stressed me.

Tentacles… Hated that fight. They are hard, but Usually I defeat them on the first try now.

Now, you wanna know what my biggest mistake was? Always using the same team. Ok, so 4 of them could take on Kefka by themselves. But dude, when I only use like 4 or 5 out of 12, Lets just say Phoenix Cave and Kefka’s Tower was a Pain in the ass

Edit : And I never really leveled. I just walked from Quest to quest, killing everything in my path. It was more challenging, more interesting. Maybe. ^^

You know what Booken I’ve done the exact same thing. I’m planningo starting again, and making sure that everybody gains levels evenly. So that those two areas are much easier for me!! It may take me some time, but I think it is worth doing, since I will soon not have anything better to do!!