What's your proudest gaming moments?

A series of naval battles in Age of Empires and TA.

Winning in Conquest (primitive strategy for the 286) multiplayer.

Beating Birthright for the first time, using a one-province state against a full-blooded god who could summon the toughest troops for free. On one occasion I had to fight ~25 all-out battles for the round to end.

Various feats of jumping and running in platformers and being alive in the end.

Beating Double Dragon 2(?) and R-type for the GB.

edit: Heh, SMW, Tetris. Universals, true.

Defeating my friends Baiken with Kliff Undersn in Guilty Gear X2. We called those matches the “World Heavyweight Champion of the Motherfucking Universe” series. Best of three. Five stock. No time limit. The closest he came was three wins. There was no ninth round. I achieved my goal of two years. We broke the controllers, sold the game, and vowed never to speak of that night unless we did so with reverence and the fear of the Game in our voice.

It was epic.

Beating Dragon Quest VIII with all characters barehanded.

Beating Phantasy Star 4 without taking on an additional (optional) fifth member.

Getting the god damned 100 coin-star in Mario 64’s Tick Tock Clock.

Nailing Level 2 of Gitaroo Man on Masters. That’s as far as I’ve gotten…

Taking out Star Wolf (hard mode) on Venom Hard alone, getting the +50 bonus on each.

Getting all the gold gems in Mischief Makers.

Beating Earthbound. Just because the last two hours of the game was so incredibly mind blowing, original, and … WELL DONE!!!

Finally finishing FFVI. It was the first RPG I ever played, maybe the first time I played it was 12 or 13 and I thought “There’s no way I can play this, I can’t remember Sabin’s Blitzes.” Now it’s my favorite RPG of all time, and finally finished it a couple of years ago without any cheats. I played it a ton on the original SNES but I got spoiled and used the “Paladin Code” for my Game Genie. The game got too easy, and I never finished it then.

Beating the damn Chocobo sidequest in FFX to get Tidus’s ultimate weapon sigil. My friend and I tried over five hours and he left the room for a minute and I some how managed to do it without getting hit by those damn birds.

There’s only 96 in SMW (Including Star World and Special Zone)

Plus doing a all-megabuster run of Megaman X and beating Super Metroid under 2 hours.

I could swear I’ve seen the counter go up to 102 in SMW… But then again, it’s been ages since I last beat all the stages of that game.

edit: checked up my saves for the rom I have. So yeah, I’ve done them all and there are only 96 exits. I remember doing the double exits (those where an exit seems to open a path that had already been opened) in the forest of illusion, so I think I pretty much covered it all.

Wow…I really suck. Well, here’s the few worthless moments I have.

-Getting all 120 stars on Mario 64. I’ve tried getting all 150 with 64 DS, but the game’s god awful controls keep getting in the way.

-Finishing Elite Beat Agents on Sweatin’ with all S ranks. Still trying to finish up Hard Rock.

-Beating Sonic 2 for the Game Gear. This fucker HAUNTED my childhood.

-Getting through that godawful Sonic the Hedgehog 360 game without smashing it to pieces. With a brick. And a sledgehammer. And flying to Sega headquarters and using the shards to murder every single member of Sonic Team.

-Actually winning a game of Civilization IV. If this doesn’t sound like a proud moment, you have no idea how much I suck at strategy games.

Beating the last boss in Breath of Fire 4. That damn Fou-Lu and his wily schemes. :confused:

Defeating a lv10 werewolf with a smidge over 100 HP that retreats off the map in three rounds with a lv3 party in D&D Tactics, proving to the devs that yes I can crash their fucking game by breaking their fucking event without cheating. Only creative use of a speed-increasing Haste potion, Hold Person, a whole lot of summon spells to get meatshields to bar the way and the loving abuse of silver weaponry.

Damned lazy devs.

Crashing DBZ 2 on PSP by exceeding 12 BPPS (Button Presses Per Second) without someone else’ help.

Most of my more memorable moments seem to relate to work bugs lately…but my greatest I can recall off the top of my head is not a solo, it had to be when we first beat Rast in Starcraft, when our shells just kinda cracked and we went ‘Hey, y’know what? Best defense is killing him . LEEEROOOY!’ which set off me, Onionkid and Sinistral on the road of much awesome asskicking. Even if many of those kickings went to KillaK9 and Icedawg and his other Icebuddies.

Singleplayer-wise, landing the plane in Top Gun reliably at age 8 seemed pretty neat to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is a really cool thread. This is just what I can think of right off the top of my head.

-Beating Donkey Kong Country for SNES in 45 minutes. My little sister deleted the file so the physical proof is gone but I do have witnesses.

-My end game file on Final Fantasy Tactics is something I’m REALLY proud of. I can beat the string of end battles using only Ramza. He has Item as a secondary command ability, Dragon Spirit for his reaction ability, two swords for support(equipped with the Ragnorok and the Excalibur), and Teleport for movement.

-Last year I was renting a house with a couple other guys. One of my roommates was a REALLY competitive person. We got along really well but when it came down to guitar hero we were really intense about it. He could not play any higher than medium with the guitar but was really good on expert with the regular PS2 controller. We were pretty close in skill(me with guitar and him with the PS2 controller). Finally one day he pissed me off and to prove that the only reason he was good was because the game is really pretty easy with a controller we switched it up.(i took the controller he took the guitar) I whooped his ass with the controller doing best 2 out of 3(one song on medium, one on hard, and one on expert).

-I played a lot of AWESOME games of Goldeneye. The two best ones were a proximity mines match between a friend and I that lasted nearly two hours. And a 2v2 match we did once where my friend and I were winning 18 to 1 in a span of about two minutes. Our opposition forfeit at that point.

-On break at work I play Collapse on my phone. My average score is usually between 2 and 3 million. My top score is 4.8 million. Last week I got a score of 8.9 million but my phone froze and did not save the high score. This was an accomplishment and a disappointment all rolled into one.

*Edit
-in DQ8 when I beat Dhoulmagus’ second form All my people were dead except for the hero who was on the brink of death. Out of irritation/boredom/desperation I summoned my Monster team and somehow they beat him.

I’m pretty sure there are more. Or the >100 next to a lot of my files was a glitch.

-Beating Donkey Kong Country for SNES in 45 minutes. My little sister deleted the file so the physical proof is gone but I do have witnesses.
Did you use the warp trick?

I was so pissed when I found out about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J31klTM6q78&feature=related , because when I was nine years old I finished SMB3 in 19:03 (with warp whistles, of course… I wonder what the fastest with no warps is?). It wasn’t really that fun, because I missed all of my favorite stages (although I missed the water world, which I fucking HATED). The reason I went so fast is because I played it JUST BEFORE I WENT TO SCHOOL, which was ultra-brilliant of me. I took out a timer and set it for twenty minutes, so I could shut it off right afterward, but there were a grand total of 57 seconds left when I heard the “awesome” victory music. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that the run shown was assisted, though. Either that, or the guy is just a show-off with his multi-chain one ups with fire Mario.

Other than that, and my cousins telling me that I was the “Master video game player” (:-P) there really isn’t anything awesome I have to tell. Growing up with Atari in the house made me a little bit of a better gamer, because some of those games are fucking HARD.

• Beating Ninja Gaiden and Phantasy Star II.
  • Beating Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose on hard mode. This was a game I played as a kid, and so I had a score to settle with the game. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Just recently, completely maxing out everything on Secret of Mana. Maximum XP, GP, weapon upgrades, weapon skills, and magic skills. Okay, I didn’t level my weapons to skill level 8:99, but the only way to do that is to take advantage of game bugs, so I didn’t take it that far. And I got all the rare items: the Griffin Helm alone took me over 4 straight hours of playing.

I totally forgot about all my insane clutch 1vx in Gears of War! I dominate with sniper/pistol and torque!

SMW did only have 96 exits. Maybe you’re playing a hacked version or something?

They’re right Hades, it only has 96 exits, you must be thinking of something else.

Getting all 96 exits in SMW.

Getting EVERYTHING in Minish Cap. Seriously, those fucking statues were annoying as HELL to get all of.

Beating Link’s Awakening with no Deaths. Yes, not very hard, I was still delighted though.

Beating both Golden Sun games and getting everything.

I’m sure there are more I amn’t thinking of right now.

And though it’s not a video game, coming first in the Magic: The Gathering draft I go to after only playing for three months, with at least four guys in the top fifty, one of which is third in the country. I did this Thursday. I don’t care, that’s fucking impressive. >>

Maybe :frowning: I definitely got them all either way though :smiley: Though I don’t consider that much of an accomplishment… It’s Mario World.

Hey man. It’s still really fun to beat a game completely, especially when it’s as fun a game as SMW.

You’re right, now that I remember the reason I went to the optional dungeon was to get the hidden Tri-Ace skill for one of the characters, which I later used in the Indalecio battle.

Btw, since the game had two main characters, I did something I’ve never done since then: I played BOTH versions simultaneously; first I would play a part of Rena’s Quest and then I would do the same part of Claude’s. That way I could see the differences without starting over. I only battled limiter-free Indalecio in one of them, though.