What's your background?

American of primarily Irish descent (I’d call it 75% at least. Momma’s FBI). The rest is almost completely Scottish, with negligible traces of other strains (small fractions of percents) in there, ranging from English to, supposedly, Native American (can’t remember the tribe, I don’t believe it’s any of the “famous” western/midwestern tribal groups, like a Sioux or anything, and no I have no means of proving it. I don’t normally think of it as part of my background. But I just thought I’d throw it out there just to be the first. :P)

As for churches, I think for the most part they interfere with religion. The leadership tend to blur the line between the moon and the finger that points to the moon, and thus mislead/misinform the followers; at best by genuine well-intentioned accident and normal human flaw and error, at worst out of deliberate earthly agenda.

Especially when they start to get too big and too organized, and thus, in our modern world, have to operate more businesslike in order to expand, i.e. “Spread The Word.”

So don’t ever stop searching for and prizing your own personal interpretations/conclusions of the scripture/teachings of your choice. If you choose to have any at all.

As for myself, I don’t think I believe much in anything. Backgroundwise, I come from Ex-Catholics (i.e. parents were raised catholic but walked away from the church long before I came around). So, not just non-religious, but ex-religious (and in my dad’s case, almost anti-religious).

I have NO idea how much of any nationality I have. My mom was german, Irish, Scottish, and was raised by an italian family (she was adpoted). My father had some Northwestern European and some Russian in his blood, too. All in all, I’m a mutt.

And religion wise, I’m a Christian, but I’m not that big a follower. just hold the Core beliefs to my heart, and do without most of the other stuff.

When I first saw this, I thought you were talking about my computer wallpaper… anyway…
I’m half-German and nearly half-Scottish, with a little Irish thrown in. As for my religion, I don’t go to church, but I kinda side with the Catholics.

If I’m right, I’m 1/16 Irish, and the rest your average brown eyed, brown haired, English guy.

As for a religion, 100% Athiest!

Agnostic, and 100% American mutt. I don’t know my ethnic history, and I find I really dont’ care.

Mainly Irish and German, and we’ve actually traced my German side back to the year in which they came to America, but I don’t remember it, sometime in the 1880s I believe.

3/4th French, 1/4th Mongolian-Chinese.

Kronon. Don’t ask me what that is, I wouldn’t tell you. And I’m yet to decide.

I’m mostly Scottish and German, with a bit of Cherokee indian thrown in there. Cool story actually, one of my relatives was abducted by indians and lived there for a long time, eventually creating a number of offspring she brought back with her when she was rescued. Now I just need my little card and I can get some cool college scholarships and government college money :slight_smile:

As far as religion goes, I’m an athiest.

As far as I know, Greek, Irish, English, possibly Danish, and French (Huguenot heritage, too!).

My family’s pretty much Baptist, but I’d classify myself as just . . . Christian =P. We haven’t really gone to church these days, anyway. There’s not a lot of good ones nearby, and my school’s too far away.

im a white athiest person. the people who made my parents were irish, welsh, english, and scandinavian, though i have a very mick look that i am very proud of.

I’m ittalian on mom’s side, and a metric assload of stuff on dad’s side. :hahaha;

Im a New Zealander of a English background, the official name for that is “pakeha” which in case anyone cares is maori for “white worm”. i have no religon either

I am half Mi’kmaq (Native “Canadian” to everyone else :P) and that’s where my looks stem from. I even have a cutesy little tribe name :smiley: The other half of me is French Canadian (Acadian or from Quebec/ France, I dunno) with a bit of Ukranian thrown in (my grandfather was Ukranian).

EDIT: Whoops I forgot to add in, that I am semi- actively religious. I’m a Christian, and my religious background or whatever is Anglican.

I’m French, Irish, and a wee bit of Native American. I have no religion. I AM DEVIL SPAWN.

I have a bit of Japanese blood in me, but I’m mostly American white.

As for religion, I’m part of a self-made one known as the Dark Christians. I celebrate some Christian holidays, but I do not attend church, and do not believe in getting punished for sins.

Wouldn’t that be Agnostic or Atheist then? Most celebrate Christian holidays as well but do not celebrate the original meaning behind them. (Sorry i like to nit pick :P)

I have no fucking clue what my ethnic background is. As far as I can tell, I have some Italian and some Irish in me, but I don’t know the exact amounts, or what other ethneticities I have.

As for religion, I’m a Christian (Roman Catholic if you believe that Catholics aren’t Christians).

I was born in Austria, Vienna. My parents came from Bangladesh.

Now I live in Canada.

Do you have an Arnold accent??

No, not anymore.