What's Red and White and Suave all over?

Me. I have chicken pox.

Yes, CHICKEN POX. On Xmas Eve. In all my 40 years of existence I never had it, and now I catch it just in time to miss spending Christmas with my loved ones.
:thud:

I don’t feel THAT bad, but it’s a bummer. I’m trying to cheer myself up by posting here, so don’t mind me.

Hmm. What could I do to make this thread more than just another whine fest?

I know! Let’s post stupid christmas songs! How about…

Redneck 12 days of Christmas

(Larry the Cable Guy) Wow, somebody done been to the WalMart!
(Jeff Foxworthy) Man, this is the stuff I got for Christmas.
Larry: Well you cleaned up! Whadya git?

Five flannel shirts
Four big mud tires
Three shotgun shells
Two hunting dogs
… And some parts to a Mustang GT.

(Larry) Hey Bubba, you got gypped – there’s 12 days to Christmas.
(Jeff) I know that, I got it covered. Look over in the corner.
(L) That’s yours too?
(J) Yea!

Chorus:
Twelve-pack of Bud
Eleven Wrastling tickets
Ten o’ Copenhagen
Nine years probation
Eight table dancers
Seven packs of Redman
Six cans of Spam
Five flannel shirts!
Four big mud tires
Three shotgun shells
Two hunting dogs
… And some parts to a Mustang GT!

(L) Man, this ain’t normal Christmas presents!
(J) No, they’re redneck gifts!
(L) Redneck gifts?
(J) Yea, you know, like
if you buy your wife earrings that double as fishing lures.
Or, if you can burp the entire chorus of “Jingle Bells”
Perhaps if you think “The Nutcracker” is something you did off a high-dive.
Or, if you’ve ever misspelled something in Christmas lights.
Or, if you leave cold beer and pickled eggs for Santa Claus.

(L) What’s wrong with that?
(J) I didn’t say anything wrong with it…
It’s hard to beat…

Chorus:
Twelve-pack of Bud
Eleven Wrastling tickets
Ten o’ Copenhagen
Nine years probation
Eight table dancers
Seven packs of Redman
Six cans of Spam
Five flannel shirts!
Four big mud tires
Three shotgun shells
Two hunting dogs

(L) Well, you can’t really consider it a Christmas
‘less you go down to the penitentiary and visit your mama.
(J) You’re not listenin’ to me!
Get the car key outta your ear.
That’s where the nine years probation comes in…
I’m gonna do it for ya again.
Now listen…

Chorus:
Twelve-pack of Bud
Eleven Wrastling tickets
Ten o’ Copenhagen
Nine years probation
Eight table dancers
Seven packs of Redman
Six cans of Spam
Five flannel shirts!
Four big mud tires
Three shotgun shells
Two hunting dogs

Wil: Merry Xmas, everybody! :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn man, that sucks :. Who’d you catch it from? Be sure to look into the available treatmenst to help treat the itch. Use some calamine lotion (and apply it generously) to prevent the itch, cut your nails really short and avoid scratching yourself and try taking some “soothing baths”. I don’t know how well an oatmeal bath works, but my mom gave me baths with sodium bicarbonate. Anti histamines like benadryl might help with the itch too. This is gonna last about 2 weeks so you’re going to have a lonely new years as well :. There are drugs used to treat the disease and not the symptoms but they’re anti virals and I don’t know how readily doctors prescribe them for non-severe cases.

Thanks, Sin. I got it from my niece Nel, who had it two weeks ago. I tried avoiding her, but it’s kinda hard when she lives right above me. o_o

Thank goodness her mom (my sister) is a doctor, and she’s taking care of me.

…must… not… scratch, must… not…

Ok good, you saw a doctor. And yeah, the itch is insane. Calamine is godly. I speak from experience.

Ouch. Had chicken pox when I was little. Not really as torturous as most make it to be but not very pleasant either.

DO cut your nails. It’s easier to resist the urge to scratch when you don’t have an appropriate tool at hand. Pun not intended.

Haha, I almost wish I could experience Chicken Pox again… I don’t even remember when I had it. :frowning:

Oh man, I remember when I got chicken pox…so annoying. The itching made it hard to sleep. >_<

Oh man, that sucks, and the timing is just “perfect". I hope you can still enjoy the holidays, notwithstanding.
Meanwhile, enjoy this classic:wink:
… and I wish you a speedy recovery.

I haven’t gotten it. I’m paranoid now. << >> <_<

I have to say, that video is well done. I’ve liked the song for years, but their matching it up was done well.

I’ve heard that the older you are when you get it, the worse it is. Good thing I had it when I was five. Hope you feel, uhh, less itchy.

That’s because adults are at greater risks for complications than kids.

Ouch. I’ve had that, I think. It was long, long ago.

Get well.

You’re not suave.

Hades: I am in my eyes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seifer: thanks for the video, it was hilarious! :hahaha;

And thanks to everyone who wished me well. Sincerely. :slight_smile:

I had it when I was 18. I didn’t have many pockmarks, and I didn’t really itch, but I needed those antiviral medications because the infection made me really sick! My brother, on the other hand, was covered in pockmarks and itched more, but he felt fine… weird.

I hope you get well soon.

Doesn’t chickenpoxs have a vacination now?

Yes, but I thought they only gave it to children…

Hope you get well soon. And I thought you were some 10 years younger too.

What? You missed my spectacular 40th Birthday celebration last May!? Go inmediately to the Media Board and search for a story called The Thing That Was Four Decades Old and you’ll know everything there is to know about me, except my penis size. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For those interested, I’m indeed covering myself with calamine, and it helps. I’m also taking some pills from my sister but I don’t know if they’re anti-virals or not.

What REALLY bothers me is that I have a bad back and laying prone so much hurts it, but I’m too weak to stand much either. :frowning:

Man, is it just me, or are there no good new Xmas TV Specials anymore? I had to stay home watching TV all night and either they were all repeats or new ones that really sucked. I ended up watching a Pop Culture competition marathon on VH1- and fell asleep right before the last episode. Typical. :frowning: