Whats everyone watching?

FMA’s ending is a bit underwhelming. I’m still pissed about that.

Originally Posted by Rigmarole
FMA’s ending is a bit underwhelming. I’m still pissed about that.

They needed at least another two seasons rather than cramming everything into about six episodes to end that more correctly. Still a good series though.

Having the resolution to everything in the penultimate episode was fun. I just wasn’t impressed with the choices of the brothers at the end. Good series though, yes.

You know what? I’d really like to see Gundam 08th MS Team right now. It was short, but was the most realistic and personal of the Gundam series, except, perhaps, that one with Bernie and Chris, whatever it’s name was.

0080: War in the Pocket.

As for me, I’ll soon be watching Gurren-Lagann. I’ve heard really good things about it. Hope it doesn’t disappoint.

I just marathoned the fifth arc of Higurashi last night. It blew my mind.

Thanks Red, I’ve been wondering what it was called.

I think I’ll Netflix Lain or Noir. I’ve heard their pretty good.

らき☆すた!

I’m putting in a good word for Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei as well. I… wait a tic-

shoots Cless with a tranquilizer

Ehem. I abhored PPD with passion, so this wasn’t looking much better for me, but it turned out pretty nice. Since this one does not require you to be the Mr. Saturn of obscure animes and actually pulls some decent jokes on its own, the result is fairly good. Just don’t stop to read the scribbles.

If anything, Lucky Star is more like Azumanga Daioh rather than PPD.

Ergo Proxy.

Witch Hunter Robin…I just got the first DVD with the five episodes at AFW3…it’s quite good so far. Robin is one of the few female anime characters that isn’t obnoxious or nauseatingly cute, and Amon is cool. ^^

Dub or sub? I watched the dub on YTV when it aired here. I found their speech pattern annoying by the middle of the series.

It has the options for both…I don’t have much preference either way unless a character has a voice that grates on my nerves.

Started watching Gintama. It’s hilarious.

I’ve said this a billion times but it bears repeating after this chapter: Everyone who is not doing so already, go watch Gurren-Lagann. Now. No, don’t consider or think about it or put it off until later or even waste a second breathing, DO IT NOW.

Don’t laugh at me or attempt to throw things at me through cyberspace… but what makes this show so great? It seems like a giant robot show through appearance, and I’m usually not particularly attracted to those. However, there have been exceptions, and I’m totally willing to take the plunge if there’s something exceptional about it that someone’s willing to sell to me just a little… (see, it’s also that I love love love it when you guys are enthusiastic enough about something to talk more about why you happen to love it) :smiley:

Okay, seriously speaking, no it’s not for everyone.

Depends GREATELY on which shows you say you liked. There’s generally two branches in mecha anime: “Real” which attempts to be dramatic and realistic and “Super” which is basically shonen with robots, to sum it up a bit too generally. There’s also the somewhat third pseudo-category of “Weird Ass” which has robots in it but just has a completely different focus, like Eureka 7.

Gurren-Lagann is basically the most exaggerated execution of the Super formula ever. Whereas most of these have some or other excuse for why willpower helps them, here it’s unashamedly stated that the machines literally work on willpower. Whereas there’s usually over-the-top new weapons being constructed ins secret for the climax, here they pull them out of their asses one after the other. You won’t find any fantastically complicated plot, long-winged complex romances, psychological analogies or anything to think about too hard, it’s a big dumb action show.

It depends on one thing: Can you like an action-packed series with some somewhat decent plot and characters but with the focus completely on the “badass” element? If no, then you won’t like it. If yes, GL is pretty much the best I’ve ever seen.

Needless to say, If you’ve ever watched Gunbuster, GaoGaiGar, or anything similar and liked it at least a bit, definitely give this a shot. It’s also got the most adorable token furry pet ever.

Originally Posted by Seraphim Ephyon
It’s also got the most adorable token furry pet ever.

Wait, more adorable than that fuzzwad in a capsule/pokeball from MaCurRoss?

I have to see to believe. @.@

Boota? Really? Well, I guess he’d have to be if Yoko always lets him get away with what he does.

But yes, TTGL is the awesomest show on right now.