Whats everyone watching?

Just wondering what everyone is watching and whats good. Here is my list.

Claymore - Demons are eating people in a mid evil setting and an organization of half human, half demons referred to as The Claymores is out to stop them. Very dark, and a pretty awesome series so far.

Death Note - A Death God drops a book in the world that kills anyone whose name is written down in it. The person that finds it decides to use it to become a god. It’s kind of Sherlock Holmes vs James Moriarty feel with how the police and “Kira” interact.

El Cazador De La Bruja - A fun series about a girl with mysterious powers that allegedly killed a notable scientist and the bounty hunter that picks her up. It kind of feels a lot like Trigun in a lot of ways. Expect rival bounty hunters, creepy stalkers, and evil cults/corporations.

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann - In a post-apocalyptic world, humans were forced to make their homes underground for an unknown reason, and anyone who reaches the surface is mercilessly attacked by a new race of “Beastmen”.

The most important aspects of this can be summed up in a single image:

It’s a Super Robot show from Gainax, and well on its way towards becoming my favorite anime ever. Good lord, I think I’ve watched that scene in Episode 11 like thirty times.

Nothing particularly new, but I picked up on a nice little sci-fi series called Kurau Phantom Memory. See ANN for a review.

I’ll start with the ones other people already described.

Claymore - Started off pretty generic, but it’s getting better.

El Cazador de la Bruja - Not really good, but not bad enough to give up on.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Seraphim’s picture doesn’t do the show enough justice. Kamina is the greatest anime character ever. And Simon evolves from obnoxious whiny coward to awesomeness.

Bokurano - 14 high schoolers and 1 little sister must pilot a giant robot to protect the earth. Oh, and piloting it uses up their life force, so they die immediately after the battle. The series is more about the personal lives of the kids (one has no regard for the lives of others, one’s messing around with her teacher, one blames his little sister for their mother’s death, and so on) than the monster battles.

Darker than Black - Some catastrophic event occurred ten years ago and now there are people with super powers called contractors. The details of how the contractors obtain and use their powers is a mystery linked to a structure called Hell’s Gate (or was it Heaven’s Gate? One of which blew up and destroyed South America).

Ergo Proxy - A girl in a dystopian future searches for the truth about the world, and there are these monsters called proxies that, umm, I’m not sure what their purpose is.

Hayate no Gotoku - A poor high school-aged boy is left an enormous debt by his parents and ends up working as a butler for a spoiled rich girl. There is much randomness, humor, and references to other anime and video games.

Kanon (2006) - Harem anime based on an H-game. I think Yuichi is channeling Kyon from Haruhi.

Murder Princess - A princess and a katana-wielding (female) bounty hunter accidently swap bodies. The princess offers herself as a reward if the bounty hunter will save her kingdom. Ass-kicking and lesbian-undertones ensue.

Nagasarete Airantou - A boy gets washed up on an island that lost all of it’s male population 12 years ago. Guess what happens next. Fortunately, after the second episode, the girls stop acting so rabid and there’s more focus on the absurd nature of the island.

Romeo x Juliet - Has very little resemblence to the Shakespearian play. I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if they survived the series. At least it looks pretty.

Seirei no Moribito - Middle-aged female spear-wielding bodyguard must protect a prince possessed by a water-spirit. The emperor needs to kill the prince because the water-spirit will cause a catastrophic drought.

Seto no Hanayome - Because he has seen a mermaid, boy must marry her to not be killed. The mermaid’s family are yukaza. Episode 10 is funny because of Terminator-like character and references.

The Skullman - A masked vigilante is taking revenge on corrupt officials who were involved in his father’s death. I think. The main character is a journalist who is investigating the unusual incidents.

Sisters of Wellber - A lady thief and a princess must deliver a message to a semi-distant kingdom to prevent war. The thief is also searching for some sinister figure from her past. Very slow fansub releases.

Sola - Feels kind of like Kanon with less harem. A boy with an obsession for taking photos of the sky meets a strange girl. Girl is actually a vampire-like creature (weak to sunlight, no blood-drinking). The girl knows his sister.

Recently finished:
Shaman King - Fairly standard shounen action show with a laid-back lead character.

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette - Gothic love story. Boy falls in love with ghost of murdered girl, must atone for killer’s sins be being painfully tortured by the spirits of the inanimate objects that saw the murder. Trippy art style.

School Rumble and School Rumble 2nd - More love triangles and mistaken confessions than you can shake a stick at.

Will start watching soon:
Kare Kano
Kurau - Phantom Memory
Mars Daybreak
Noien
Black Lagoon

Turn A Gundam excellent series, I don’t care what anyone says about the new mech designs. What makes the show is the story and great characters.
GunxSword it’s a good revenge series. A few dud episodes, but overall entertaining.
Boogiepop Phantom I’ve only watched the first 5 episodes and it’s very good.

Well, pretty much whatever’s on TV (so you know I’m watching Bleach and Blood+)… I started watching Ani-Monday on the SciFi Channel to see Noein and Tokko. I missed the first episode of each, and I still have the fourth of each to watch from last night. My summaries may be slightly off as a result.

Noein - a boy and a girl who are childhood friends encounter people with strange powers from another time/place/I’m not sure what. These people are looking for something called the ‘Dragon Torque’ in order to save their world (I think), and apparently it involves the kids somehow.

Tokko - I really haven’t gotten into this as much… a guy has joined a special section of the police, and then there’s another section that’s much more secretive that involves fighting demons. Somehow this guy is connected to the situation. Of course, there’s a “hot” girl in the secret section, so you know these people will be attracted to each other somehow.

Other than that, I’m in the midst of Haruhi (again), and I just finished Chobits. I’m now in the mood to watch CLAMP stories, so I’m psyched that xxxHolic has been licensed and that there’s a second season of Tsubasa.

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad

I good anime, full of rock references (I think part of the reason I like it is a little smugness when I catch the obscure ones), with random danger averted by skillfull blues guitar (well, Hendrix one time, but Hendrix was blues-based, at least), and a teenage romance sub-plot that doesn’t make me want to drive a goddamned Ice Pick into my fucking brain from melodrama and stupidity. Overall, it’s pretty good. It’s a little unrealistic sometimes, at least in the lots-of-coincidences department (I’d also argue stopping a man from murdering you by playing a blues jam wouldn’t happen, but maybe Ryusuke is just that fucking good), but otherwise it’s a good show if you’re not looking for some deep themes and whatnot, but an entertaining series about a Rock Band and kids (who actually feel like real kids) growing up. Its jokes, to add a little more win to it, are actually pretty funny; it doesn’t rely on overused mange jokes for humour.

Honestly, I’m just glad to see an anime that’s just about a fucking band, who aren’t zombies or demons or secret vessels of mystical power or some such shit. And it’s a well done anime “just about a fucking band,” too.

I was downloading this from CW as it was broadcast, so I have the series sitting on my hard drive begging to be watched. I saw the first episode a long while back, and I was digging it, but it’s hard for me to sit in front of the computer and watch TV. I’m glad to see an endorsement here.

Melancholy…

The most overrated absurd anime I’ve seen since NGE.

Yu-Gi-Oh! right now

Oh, yeah, and I’m totally digging Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.

this

Whatever I can watch on youtube. Rizelmine is pretty cute.

I am watching:

Lucky Star - cute, funnny show. love the hotblooded salesmen

Claymore - slow start but it got awesome at the beginning of the Teresa arc.

Hayate no Gotoku - hilarious show full of anime and dragon quest references

Bokurano - mechs and kids, lots of angst

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai - more of the same awesomeness

Initial D - ugly show, but fun

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - hilarious show. music is very nice too. love the censorship

King Gainer - KIIIING KIIIING KINGU GAINERRRRR, awesome op. show is fun too, Tomino still has the touch.

Serei no Moribito - beautiful show, interesting plot

and ofcourse I am watching MOTHERFUCKING GURREN LAGANN. My god this show is so fucking awesome. I shed manly tears at ep 8, became gar for Simon at ep 11, and ep 15 just dropped my jaw on the floor. Fuck I can’t wait for more.

Does any one know a parody anime, like BoBoBo? I do like those kinds of anime.

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

I took your advice.
Jesus, Son of Odin, is this thing fucking amazing.
I have to change pants after every fucking scene.

I watch Bleach, Claymore, One Piece, Lucky Star, Naruto, and maybe starting Hayate.

I’m watching much of the same stuff as everybody else:

Claymore
Darker Than Black
Bokurano
Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann
Hayate no Gotoku
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai

I’m part way into :
Monster
Noein
Romeo x Juliet

Just starting:
Murder Princess

Want to watch Ergo Proxy but I can’t find any torrents for it.

I agree Overman King Gainer’s opening is awesome. I enjoyed it. Tomino is still the man.

I’m currently watching Bleach, and Full Metal Alchemist (if you’re posting in this thread, then I assume you know the basic storylines for both of them) and Saiyuki, a story of a buddhist preist and three demons who set out to stop a massive uprising of demons bent on ruling over humans.