What're your classes this semester?

ENG 101
Chem 101 and 102 (lab)
EC 201 (economics)
E 101
E 115(both of these are beginning engineering classes, mostly involving computer stuff)
MUS100A (marching band)
HSS100 (my scholars forum, a program im doing)
MA141 (calc 1)

Thats it. 18 credit hrs.

Does it have to do neural networks? I’m writting a paper on that and I’ve developed a class library in .NET which you can use to work with multilayer perceptrons (only need to finish the backpropagation algorithm now).

Honors Calculus
Accelerated English
Accelerated Theology
Intro to German
French I (haw haw, senior kid in a freshman class)
Psyche
Forensic Sciences

Last two being half-year apiece.

GEOG 101A - Biophysical Systems and the Human Environment (that’s a mouthful)
GEOG 110 - Introduction to the Earth System: I
GER 100B - Beginners’ German II
MATH 330A - Advanced Calculus
STAT 260 - Introduction to Probability and Statistics: I

As you can see, I’m just wasting time and money.

People say Junior year is the hardest-I guess I’m gonna find out:
ROP Graphic Design
AP US History
AP Biology
Honors Pre-Calc
AP English Languange and Literature(or something like that)

Right, seeing everybody’s classes, I must say a WTF (different from the one I already said to YK).

Some of you are taking groups of classes that have nothing to do with each other. Like Jac right in the post above, YK with Data Structures and Tropical Sciences, or Cro with Chemo, Media & Life Skills.

I’m not making any judgement, I just wanna know why do you guys do that. I’ve been through two universities and I never met anyone who would do that.

They’re in high school, Ren. AP is a high school level course meaning Advanced Placement. IB, even though it has not come up, is a similar type of class.

For the non high school students, it’s probably because many of the universities in North America have shit like “core” or general classes, a group of various types of classes (aside from the major) one needs to complete in order to graduate. In my case, my major requires me to take some upper level electives for some reason.

I think a better question is, why not do it?

Jacksonville State University, Alabama. (Yes, we do have some education here. We’re one of the best. It’s the damn west and southwest of our state that fucks us up on the education ranking polls.) Junior Year. General Music Major. English Minor.

American Lit 202

I took this before 201 because 201 deals with poetry and Shakesphere n’shit. I need a long time for shit like that.

American History (Online)

Half of what you’re graded on in history classes are lectures. If lectures aren’t given in a history class, the rest is made up of looking in the books. Easy three hour GPA boosting core class.

MS112 Precalculus Algebra (Online)

Tricky. Math isn’t my subject unless it’s Geometry. However, with the lectures gone as well, I can easily get help from math counselors and/or answers from someone else. Once again, easy grade.

Primary Applied - Bari Saxphone - 5th Semester

I’m supposed to be doing my junior recital this year. Buuuut I think I’ll put it off until my last semester so I can have more time to get better.

Secondary Applied - Bari Saxphone Jazz/writing-improv-theory-whatever

I don’t really learn a lot that I can apply towards anything useful on the instrument. I mean, I can Do them, but I just don’t benefit. I’m going to strike a deal with him and see if I can just get graded on writting charts instead of bang-your-head-against-the-wall stuff.

MU 301 - Music Theory Fifth Semester.

No matter what teachers anyone chose in their first through fourth semester, they all get narrowed down and stuck with one teacher. This is the end-all of all theory classes. The last huzzah. But only two damn credit hours. So it won’t hurt me too much if I get a B or C this time. :smiley:

Concerts & Recitals

We don’t even get credit for this. But we have to maintain a B or higher if we want to stay on scholarship. It’s not that bad, really. Just show up to your once-a-week one hour masterclass and attend seven or more concerts per semester. Out of the 30 or so they give.

Marching Southerners

We’re possibly THE best god damned marching band in the South and Southeast. With 350+ members, a long greuling band camp, a long history of tradition and ass-kickery, complete with drumcorp-style marching, some of the best collegtte tumpet players in the south, and an unfailing tendancy to get threatened by the police at just about every home game for disrupting the other team and occasinal rowdy behaviour/language* there’s no way we can be No. 2 or lower. Tell us differently, we’ll kick your face in.

*- that last statement at the football games do not reflect the total attitude and behaviour of JSU or the Marching Southerners. I say this because this post will and can possibly be found by someone in the band and taken seriously.

Jazz Ensemble

It’s a scholarship requirement class, but I don’t really treat it as a class. It’s like band, you don’t do it for a grade, you do it because you want to.

I think many of the SEC schools would disagree with you, particularly the UGA Red Coats. Unless you mean competitive marching.

Well, since my college has a silly physical education requirement that my advisors have said to ignore until the last possible minute, my schedule is pretty well packed… but easy. After this semester, I’ll have my associate’s degree. Excuse me while I jump for joy. :stuck_out_tongue: If the course has a description I’ll list it.

Coed Raquetball: monday and wednesday 9-9:50 AM (first half of the semester)
Coed Badminton: monday and wednesday 10:00-10:50 AM (first half of the semester)
Concepts of Physical Wellness: tuesday 5-6:30 PM(first half of the semester)
"A theory/discussion course designed to introduce students to the basic fundamental building blocks of physical wellness and how this body of knowledge relates to their own personal wellness. Course focus is on physical wellness which will include the components of physical fitness, exersize, nutrition and weight management, disease prevention, personal safety, stress management, and current consumer issues relevent to physical wellness. This course enables students to begin designing a lifetime personal wellness program that suits their own physical wellness goals and objective.

Note: 1/2 credit in Concepts of Physical Wellness is a graduation requirement for all the A.A. and A.S. degrees offered at Orange County Community College." Joy.
Stretching for Wellness: 9-9:50 AM (second half of the semester)

I know… I know… you can make fun of me for the “Stretching for Wellness” class. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now comes the REAL classes…

Creative Writing (Fiction): tuesday and thursday 8-9:15 AM
“An advanced writing course designed to help students develop skill in writing fiction. In addition to writing, the student will evaluate the work of fellow students and other assigned works. Study and writing assignments are made on an individual basis.”

Drama (Ibsen to O’Neill): tuesday and thursday 12:30-1:45 PM
“A study of the development of modern drama from Ibsen to O’Neill.”

Children’s Literature: tuesday and thursday 2:00-3:15 PM
“Survey of children’s literature; what makes it last? How did it develop? What does it show about the culture and age that produce it? How does it connect to a child’s developmental stages? An adult’s? What are representative types of the literature, writers and works? How does it handle special issues like multiculturism, bias, cencorship [sic]? Readings include picture books, fairy/folk tales, to fiction (historical, realistic, fantasy); representative writers like “Mother Goose” and Brothers Grimm to Sendak, Potter, Carroll, Lowery. Group and individual projects further explore the field.”

Philosophy: 9:30-10:45 AM
"An introduction to the main questions raised by philosophers concerning knowledge of human nature and the universe. Emphasis is placed on the methods of Western philosophers in their responses to these questions

The fucking advisor called this a heavy load, but I think that it’s going to be cake for me (since I’ve found that I enjoy writing).

I don’t know what they are, so i’m assuming not. All we do in that class is lift weights and exercise.

Really, that almost made me slap my own face.

Neural networks are simply programs (or electronical devices) that try imitating simple brains by using virtual neurons. These neurons, just like the real biological ones, make connections among themselves, and these connections have weights. Neural networks can be trained to classify data or learn how to “do things”, and such training is almost always done by adjusting the weights of the neural connections. Hence when I read Weigth training I thought of neural networks.

Literature 101
History 101: US History Since 1865
Some class about motivation in learning, counts towards my major
Some freshman “make college count” class
Anthropology I think
Some shitty basic computer skills class
Math 101 Algebaic Concepts (or math concepts or something about algebra. It sounded easy, and math is the devil).
And I think I have one more, but I dont remember.

ANTH2310: Archaelogy of Georgia (Since they dropped my actually interesting Anthropology class and didn’t let me know, joy).

POLS4510: Public Opinion & American Democracy

POLS4520: Electoral Behavior

PSYC1101: Intro Psychology

Only have classes Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to boot which is a pretty nice deal.

I first say HA HA. :stuck_out_tongue: And secondly say, oh god not psych please no no non oonononono. Psychology is beyond words in how awful it is.

I am, however, taking some crazy Anthropology class (topic to be announced) and Sociology class (topic ALSO to be announced) as well as an introduction to labour studies. =) My first semester in which I did not take a history course!

I am looking forward to it.

Edit: Kagon, you don’t have a seperate faculty for archeaology? =o Sucks to that. =x

:kissy:

984: It’d then be my fondest wish to invite any SEC Band over for a musical ass kicking contest. We set an example in marchers across the US. We have people coming in left, right, and center to join the Southerners, DCI-fanatics and non. Although I do have to say our concentrations in degrees is another. We only have two, General and Education, but we’re one of the best places down in the southeast for Music Ed.

That really sounds like competitive marching bands, Kagato. I think SEC bands focus mostly just on performing well for football and shit. I dunno if we have competitions; I assume not since I have two Redcoat friends who have never talked about competing.

English 429: Advanced Poetry Writing
Rchums 225: The Writing of Poetry
English 327: Intermediate Playwriting
English 370: Medieval and Renaissance Literature
Clciv 457: The Poetry of Civil War: Virgil and Contemporaries

I’m a little heavy on writing this semester, but we’ll see how it goes.

I’m actually kinda interested in psych. >_> And no, we have a separate department, but this class is in the Anthropology department for some odd reason. I dunno why honestly.